PDA

View Full Version : Fashioned challenged....help please..

Harli
02-19-2007, 02:53 PM
I was wondering if my char could get away with wearing a bodice over a shirt.....or is it implied that there is a shirt or whatever under the bodice?

Satira
02-19-2007, 02:55 PM
You can wear a bodice over a shirt. Or a chemise or something. I've done that before.

Harli
02-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Thank you for the advice and the prompt reply. :thanx:

Berylla
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I love your avatar by the way...does that make me a lesbian?

Harli
02-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Not unless you want to do naughty things to my avatar.:blush:

Daniel
02-19-2007, 04:25 PM
Tone down the loserness plz.

Nilandia
02-19-2007, 04:48 PM
I definitely prefer to wear a bodice or corset over a shirt. Personally, I see that wearing just a blouse gives no support since I don't see people wearing bras and the like. Full length gowns, on the other hand, may have corsets and such underneath, but I absolutely cannot wear a blouse alone.

Gretchen

DCSL
02-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I kind of disagree about the wearing blouses alone thing. The way I see it, there are corsets for wearing outside and there are corsets for wearing underneath. GemStone has a wealth of corsets that are meant to be seen, meant to be worn on the outside.

Since we can't have undergarments made (and really, I don't think I would anyway even if we could, unless we had a really nice layered system) we have to take a lot of it on faith. Corsets-for-underneath, real, classical corsets, go under the faith heading.

Lysistrata occasionally wears just a shirt or blouse, depending on the style she's going for, but she's always wearing either a lightly boned corset beneath it or a well-fitted sort of vest that is admittedly from the Victorian era called an "emacipation bodice".

Nilandia
02-19-2007, 10:01 PM
I guess most of the reason why I don't see that women would wear supportive undergarments with shirts is because I've spent too much time researching how it was actually done in our Middle Ages. It rubs off onto how I perceive things in game because the cultural clothing styles are, in many cases, taken directly from actual medieval fashion.

Of course, Elanthia is not our world, so the rules could very well be different, so in this case, it appears to be a personal preference or perspective.

Gretchen

Jolena
02-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I have to agree that its a matter of personal perspective/preference. I tend to side with Lysistrata on the discussion of corsets not having to be worn over clothing always. My character(s) will vary in this type of clothing. Sometimes I have them wear cinchers over gowns, corsets over gowns/shirts, and other times they will wear just a shirt, blouse, bodice, or even a tunic without the outer corset. I always assume that for support she is wearing an undergarment of a vest or corset underneath that is just not seen if she's wearing a shirt/blouse/tunic without an outer-corset.