PDA

View Full Version : Ghostrider

Solkern
02-17-2007, 05:19 AM
Anyone see this yet?

Saw it a few days ago in russian with English subtitles...I loved it, i wont go into details about the movie so I don't ruin it for those who haven't seen it.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2007, 10:40 AM
I saw it last night.

I thought it was pretty good.

Methais
02-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Anyone see this yet?

Saw it a few days ago in russian with English subtitles...I loved it, i wont go into details about the movie so I don't ruin it for those who haven't seen it.

I haven't seen it, but my guess is that the Russian overdub replacing Nicolas Cage's acting probably enhanced the experience for you.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I'm just not sold on him in this role. I still have nightmares about what Superman would have been like if he kept the role.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I like Cage personally. But beyond the actors, or their performance, the effects werent bad. Ghost rider looked fairly decent. Much better then like the Hulk movie where he was a comic guy..

The effect of Johnny Blaze changing into Ghost Rider was pretty neat.

The Ponzzz
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
I saw it. It's ok. It's not better than Spider 1 & 2 ( or 3 from trailers). If you are a fan of Ghost Rider you will prolly love it. If you like comix/action movies, you won't feel you wasted your cash.

Kainen
02-17-2007, 01:32 PM
I can't wait to see this movie.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2007, 01:46 PM
It probably doesnt have as much action as Spiderman did. But I am sure it also didnt have the bidget Spiderman had. Ghost Rider has a small audience in comparison.

I was pleased enough with it that I thought it was money well spent, instead of money down the drain. I normally don't goto theatres anymore since they are so expensive. And you have to deal with all the retards, opening cell phones and havin this huge white blotch in your view. Or people that dont turn off ringers. Or people that bring babies and young kids that cant keep quiet. Teenagers that laugh and giggle to each other... Eesh I could go on.

Anyways the majority of the people at this movie were fairly involved in the movie so mostly it was just the damnable phone screens blaring out too much light.

StrayRogue
02-17-2007, 02:44 PM
Heap of Shit.

Back
02-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Heap of Shit.

Are you disappointed because you spent money to actually go see it?

StrayRogue
02-17-2007, 03:08 PM
lol, I don't pay money to see dross like this. I pay to see a movie I know is good.

Back
02-17-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks for your well informed opinion.

Agreed that it looks terrible. The Hulk was terrible. But then Blade was a sleeper. I have not seen it myself and may pick it up on DVD just for a laugh. Unless people say its that good to see in the theatre.

Next up is Iron Man played by Robert Downey Jr. That I don’t get.

DCSL
02-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Robert Downey Jr. had a drinking problem. Iron Man has a drinking problem. I get it.

Back
02-17-2007, 06:05 PM
Robert Downey Jr. had a drinking problem. Iron Man has a drinking problem. I get it.

Wow. A real comic chic geek.

Alfster
02-17-2007, 06:17 PM
Heap of Shit.

x2

DCSL
02-17-2007, 08:37 PM
Wow. A real comic chic geek.

Guilty as charged.

Stanley Burrell
02-17-2007, 09:51 PM
He's been in some weird shit.

Like, good movies, but Con Air aside (or not), the role is just funky for him.

That being said, I am looking forward Jim Carrey's also eccentric-for-him-even performance in The # 23.

And the ATHF movie.

peam
02-18-2007, 12:41 AM
Just go see Forrest Whitaker's terrifying performance in The Last King of Scotland.

If he doesn't win the Oscar, I'll kill four children.

Augie
02-18-2007, 12:59 AM
I just got back from seeing Ghostrider, and coming from someone who never read the comics, I thought it was cool. I guess maybe if I were a comic reader, then I may have other things to say.

I like Nick Cage and I like the premise behind it. The effects were pretty cool and overall it was worth paying to see on the big screen.

StrayRogue
02-18-2007, 01:07 AM
I think Nicholas Cage was totally mis-cast.

The Number 23 looks very good, but then Jim Carrey often does very interesting "serious" work.

I personally liked the Hulk, except for the final battle, and the original Blade is a classic, so much so it changed the entire sub-genre. Two pushed it too far, and three sucked so much you tell even the Sniper wasn't behind it.

Parkbandit
02-18-2007, 08:39 AM
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e6/belike53/ironman.jpg

Robert Downey Jr. .... Tony Stark/Iron Man
Gwyneth Paltrow .... Virginia 'Pepper' Potts (attached)
Terrence Howard .... Jim Rhodes

One of my favorite characters... not really sure about Downey in the lead role though... makes me think they were trying to save money for the special effects.

Stanley Burrell
02-18-2007, 11:54 AM
The Number 23 looks very good, but then Jim Carrey often does very interesting "serious" work.

True.

I'm pretty certain that as long as C. Eastwood (and a couple of close associates) is/are the head honcho(s) in the Actor's Guild, Carrey's deserved laurels shan't begat.

StrayRogue
02-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Hot Fuzz = best film on at the moment, by far.

Fallen
02-18-2007, 05:28 PM
This movie was horrible. The visual effects are the ONLY positive aspect to the film.

The dialog was some of the worst I have heard in some time from a big budget movie. The acting of both the secondary characters and the stars ranged from barely passable to utter crap. The fight scenes were retarded, the 4 element demon fight scenes were a complete waste of time.

I haven't seen a movie this bad since Epic movie. I am not saying it was WORSE than epic movie, but it was certainly close.

I would rate this to be about the equal of Elektra, though certainly no better.

Do not go to the theatre to see this one liner filled, cheesy dialog ridden piece of shit.

Sean of the Thread
02-18-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow tell us how you really feel. I myself am going to see it this evening.. only because it's free.

RichardCranium
02-18-2007, 06:03 PM
I've heard that the special effects are better than Spiderman 1 and 2. This came from a 12-year-old though, so take it as what it is.

Back
02-18-2007, 07:45 PM
Reportedly topped the box office this weekend.

Numbers
02-18-2007, 07:59 PM
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/ghost_rider/

"For years scientists have theorized that one day Nicolas Cage would overact so badly that his head would burst into flames. Now, with "Ghost Rider," the phenomenon has finally come to pass."

Skeeter
02-18-2007, 08:11 PM
There's a reason this was released in the dead movie time of year.

StrayRogue
02-19-2007, 04:21 AM
Hot Fuzz ftw