PDA

View Full Version : Box/critter found enhancives.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2007, 02:49 AM
As far as I know I haven't found any. But I dont bardsing to everything either.

I have basically been counting on an item being valued higher at the pawnshop if it has enhancives.

Can anyone tell me if they are actually worth more than normal weapons, armor and whatnot?

Goldenranger
02-17-2007, 03:32 AM
In my experience they have been worth a good amount more at the pawnshop. Having found two drake weapons with enhancives they both appraised for at least 10,000 silvers.

Fallen
02-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Sometimes they are not. They will appraise for just as much as normal drake weapons.

Meges
02-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I have a basic test for things like weapons: INFO, HEALTH, SKILL, and the Pawn Shop. If any of those are abnormal I'll have one of my bards sing to the item.

Meges

The Ponzzz
02-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Yea, I found something like a cracked wooden crossbow That the pawn only offered 650 silvers.

It ended up being +2 yew, +3 Str, +3 Dex. Could not be further enchanted.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2007, 01:48 PM
I do all that info/skill stuff. But you wouldnt be able to figure it out if it was a mana/spirit returning thing.

I was just hoping ANY enhancive would be worth more so I wouldnt have to save and sing to every one of them. Much easier to appraise it...

Thanks for the info though. I will wind up saving and singing to everything now... bummer.

The Ponzzz
02-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Yea, singing is the best way. It seems MOST things come up with higher value at the pawn, mainly drake weapons. But other things that are more hand crafted hopper weapons/shields/armor items have set values by the GM.

I know I accidently sold off a real nice shield in plat. :(

Kembal
02-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Shouldn't you able to take any possible enhancive to the Adventurer's Guild, go to the Treasure Master, do ORDER 5, and find out if it is one?

Sean of the Thread
02-18-2007, 02:33 AM
Yea, singing is the best way. It seems MOST things come up with higher value at the pawn, mainly drake weapons. But other things that are more hand crafted hopper weapons/shields/armor items have set values by the GM.

I know I accidently sold off a real nice shield in plat. :(

I find your avatar surprisingly hot.

crazymage
02-18-2007, 03:47 AM
I find your avatar surprisingly hot.

Ditto.

Jinsem
02-18-2007, 03:53 AM
It ended up being +2 yew, +3 Str, +3 Dex. Could not be further enchanted.

For a while (IE: a month or so) enhancives were enchantable. Naos quickly changed that for some odd/dumb reason. So a few of us got "1" through the system, but that was the end of it.

On a side note you want to type "skill full" and not just "skill" if your going to lazy check for an enhancive.

Jinsem

Meges
02-18-2007, 04:01 AM
For a while (IE: a month or so) enhancives were enchantable. Naos quickly changed that for some odd/dumb reason. So a few of us got "1" through the system, but that was the end of it.

On a side note you want to type "skill full" and not just "skill" if your going to lazy check for an enhancive.

Jinsem

Simply typing skill works fine with my enhancives regardless if I'm trained in the skill or not. Plus enhanced skills or stats show up in red. E.g.: My wizard is not trained in dodging.

(at level 100), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 30 6
Shield Use.........................| 150 50
Combat Maneuvers...................| 198 98
Edged Weapons......................| 201 101
Physical Fitness...................| 96 22
Dodging............................| 25 5
Arcane Symbols.....................| 302 202
Magic Item Use.....................| 302 202
Spell Aiming.......................| 302 202
Harness Power......................| 201 101
Elemental Mana Control.............| 120 30
Elemental Lore - Air...............| 105 25
Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 177 77
Perception.........................| 70 15
Climbing...........................| 90 20
Swimming...........................| 105 25
Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 133
Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 75
Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 60
Training Points: 22 Phy 0 Mnt (2502 Phy converted to Mnt)

Lazy or not, it works. Thanks North Carolina boy, heh.

Meges

Stanley Burrell
02-18-2007, 10:47 PM

Jinsem

INFO too.

There should just be some. Dumb. Messaging to indicate crap, because I can't loresing a +10 spirit regenerating tarnished spoon.

Absence of dumb messaging crap ftl.

The Ponzzz
02-18-2007, 11:12 PM
LOTS AND LOTS of spirit regen, stamina regen and mana regen gets dumped as junk.

I had a +1 spirit regen drake estoc that sold out of my shop for like 500k.

Fallen
02-18-2007, 11:44 PM
It is a damn shame that enhancives cannot be player enchanted. That makes 90% of them near worthless.

Latrinsorm
02-19-2007, 11:32 AM
It is a damn shame that enhancives cannot be player enchanted. That makes 90% of them near worthless.I'd say the same thing about weighted gear, to be honest. That said, there are certainly niche applications for enhancives.