PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: 7X HCW Khopesh: Casts E-wave using your own mana!

Hogateer
02-16-2007, 09:28 PM
an ebony bladed khopesh
7X Falchion Base
Heavily Crit Weighted
5 Pounds

Casts Ewave when Raised using your own mana

The ebony blade of the khopesh is etched with elegant silver filigree. The polished silver hilt has an onyx pommel carved into the likeness of a snarling wolf with sapphires for eyes. The snarling lips curl back to reveal razor-sharp diamond chip teeth. The word WOLV is engraved across the hilt. You also notice a small enchanter's glyph.

Loresong:

As you sing, a collage of images flashes through your mind. Slowly, the images seem to focus, and you can make out the details. You see a well-kept workshop where a wizened elvensmith is in conversation with a younger elf and pointing at the bladed khopesh in his hands."
>
As you continue to sing, the images refocus once more. You see a young elvensmith laboriously crafting the bladed khopesh from the raw materials laid out before him. As he works, he is chanting some arcane verses that you can't quite make out."
>
As you continue to sing, the images refocus once more. The elvensmith is inscribing runes of power upon the bladed khopesh. Each rune glows brightly then fades into invisibility."
>
Your song continues to clarify and focus the images from the past. The ancient elvensmith raises the bladed khopesh and chants an arcane phrase. A flash of light consumes the bladed khopesh. An irridescent aura envelops the bladed khopesh and is absorbed into it. The elvensmith seemingly looks up and gives you a wink and a smile as if he senses your presence."
>

>raise kho
As you raise your khopesh, a scintillating yellow aura engulfs you.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.
A rolton is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
You feel the bladed khopesh drawing mana from you.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
Roundtime: 3 sec.

Example
>raise kho
As you raise your khopesh, a scintillating yellow aura engulfs you.
A wave of dark ethereal ripples moves outward from you.
A rolton is buffeted by the dark ethereal waves and is knocked to the ground.
You feel the bladed khopesh drawing mana from you.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)
Roundtime: 3 sec.

The weapons can be used as much as you like as long as you have the mana. Initially this weapon was a part of a two weapon set. I am unsure exactly the properties on the other weapon, but it was named JACKAL rather than WOLV. On very seldom occassions the weapon will give this messaging when raised:

As you raise your khopesh, a scintillating black aura engulfs you. You realize too late that something is terribly amiss.
CS: +301 - TD: +283 + CvA: +2 + d100: +29 - -5 == +54
Warded off!
As the tendril of sickly green magic leaves your hand, it is deflected away from Kruin and dissipates harmlessly into the air.
As the tendril of sickly green magic leaves Kruin's hand, it is deflected away from you and dissipates harmlessly into the air.

Looking for silver/cash for this item unless a very generous trade offer is made. PM me or AIM me at Hogateer with questions or offers.

Slark
02-16-2007, 10:18 PM
What happens when you get warded by the failed ewave thing?

Hogateer
02-16-2007, 10:20 PM
A failed warding results in you being cursed. The weapon has been sold on a BO however.

Xaerve
02-16-2007, 11:13 PM
How much did it go for?-- just curious.

AestheticDeath
02-17-2007, 01:32 AM
damn that was quick

Darkthanion
08-08-2007, 02:11 PM
In order to clarify the history of this weapon, It was not part of a set or even a khopesh in the beginning, It was originally owned by Lady Shaida Eloine as a 7x crit weighted weapon (cant remember if it was falcion or longsword base), due to a corruption during a world crash the item got damaged, and was replaced (kindly) by GM Wolv, who also added the e-wave ability as special compensation. It was later altered by her and named WOLV in his honor. The weapon was swiped a number of years ago by a supposed friend and was never recovered as it was their word against hers.

Drew
08-08-2007, 04:29 PM
GM Wolv or Wolf? I don't remember there being a Wolf but Wolv was cool.

Darkthanion
08-08-2007, 06:08 PM
It was GM Wolv, mistype on my part. 8)

Meges
08-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Didn't Wolv die a few years ago? I seem to remember something like that happening to him. I really used to like him, then he just up and disappeared and I seem to remember being told that he passed on. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Meges

Darkthanion
08-09-2007, 01:08 PM
I am not sure to be honest, ive been out of the realms for about 4-5 years, much has changed in the meantime.

Drew
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Didn't Wolv die a few years ago? I seem to remember something like that happening to him. I really used to like him, then he just up and disappeared and I seem to remember being told that he passed on. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else...

Meges

This is just rumour, but I heard he got fired for helping a player or his PC or something. I don't even remember who told me that so take it for what it's worth.