PDA

View Full Version : A nightmare for JetBlue passengers at JFK

zhelas
02-15-2007, 10:23 AM
Planes ran out of food and water as they sat for over 8 hours
http://www.drudgereport.com/jb1.jpg
WABC

(New York - WABC, February 14, 2007) - At JFK Airport, at least four JetBlue planes were stuck on the runway fully loaded with passengers and children for hours.
The planes were running out of food and water -- and the passengers were running out of patience.......(continued)

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=traffic&id=5034846

I thought that after the events with Northwest sometime back this stuff wasn't going to happen anymore.

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2007, 10:27 AM
At least it happened to asshole new yorkers.

peam
02-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Woe is me. Their Cancun vacations were delayed 9 hours.

Lomoriond
02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
Awesome... they didn't have gates to deplane the passengers so they let them sit there for 9 hours.

That's almost like getting stuck on an escalator during a power outage

Skirmisher
02-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Woe is me. Their Cancun vacations were delayed 9 hours.

It's not the delay to the vacations et al.

It's the fact that they were stuck in a plane and not allowed to leave with no climate control like sardines without proper food, water or waste facilities available to them with children and elderly.

I doubt they would have been bitching so much if they had just been stuck in the terminal.

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
They're new yorkers.. they bitch about everything.

Miss X
02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
When my friends and I came back from Spain a few years ago, the AC on the plane had broken and they only realised after we had all got on board. The nearest AC engineer was in Ibiza (we were in Majorca) so we had to wait for the airline to fly him to the Island. We were sat on the plane in the Mediterranean sun for 6 hours with one 500ml bottle of water each and no food, and then another couple of hours for the flight itself!

There were kids passing out, people getting irate and the airport wouldn't allow anyone back into the departure lounge. We did get money back though because of the complaints etc. It was pretty shitty!

TheEschaton
02-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Deal with it. The majority of the world lives on less than $1 a day. ;)

-TheE-

Jenisi
02-15-2007, 02:13 PM
On a long flight once, I was talking to this buisness guy next to me and he told me a story about one of his flights. Guess he was napping and woke up with the plane in freefall with people screaming, guess they hit an air pocket or something. Lasted about 15 seconds, and the pilot regained control. They never said sorry about that, bumpy ride or anything, and acted like nothing ever happened. And when he reported the incident, they wouldn't do anything about it. That would be scary as shit.

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2007, 02:54 PM

-TheE-

That's not my problem.

Latrinsorm
02-15-2007, 03:02 PM
John Wayne would have straightened that shit out faster than you can say "stagecoach".

Skeeter
02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
I read a report somewhere that "air pockets" don't really exist. occasionally planes just lose altitude and nobody is really sure why and the air pocket story is used to placate the public. I have no source for that so don't hold me to it.

Lomoriond
02-15-2007, 04:16 PM
It's them damn illegal aliens, stealing all the good American altitude.

what are the other good myths going around... The "brace position" is actually designed to KILL you and airplane meat is actually flavored meat from euthanized house pets.

Not that I have an awesome understanding of airplane physics, but "air pockets" suddenly disturbing the equilibrium between lift, drag, thrust and gravity isn't exactly farfetched to me.

Whether they understand WHY "air pockets" cause that is another story.

Stanley Burrell
02-15-2007, 05:23 PM
LoL, I flew Jet Blue like a mofo out of JFK and La Guardia when I was in NYC.

That doesn't surprise me considering their (JB's + JFK's) combined security is the l33t-iest.

Albeit good/bad/whatever, I am almost certain 90% of any other commercial airline service would have folded and racked up a couple anti-terror-whazzit red cards.

They're new yorkers.. they bitch about everything.

I have had the "luxury" of discussing plane flights, hurricane weather and plane flights in lieu of hurricane weather with Boca residents.

New Yorkers are Shaolin Monks completing their vow-of-silence-ninth-degree dragon belt of humbleness. With the slight possibly of being true when held in comparison to the aforementioned.

Yes, you Floridians are all the same.

Except for the rednecked chickenshit motherfucking hicks upstate.

Thems my people, boy howdy.

Until I announce my Judaism and get lynched :(

RichardCranium
02-15-2007, 06:00 PM
...what are the other good myths going around... and airplane meat is actually flavored meat from euthanized house pets...

http://wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=6094477

Gan
02-15-2007, 07:26 PM
This isnt the first time this has happened. Recently there was a bill sponsored to help alleviate the effects of airlines holding passengers hostage on the tarmac for extended periods of time.

Here's a good audio story from NPR on it.
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7077182

Gan
02-15-2007, 07:29 PM

-TheE-

I hope this is humor. Especially coming from someone who's eventually going to be an attorney.

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2007, 08:04 PM
I hope this is humor. Especially coming from someone who's eventually going to be an attorney.

It was humorous to me if that means anything.

TheEschaton
02-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Not humor, and from a person who is eventually going to be a philanthropist. ;)

-TheE-

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Not humor, and from a person who is eventually going to be a philanthropist. ;)

-TheE-

Wasn't intended as humor.. but still a joke none the less.

SpunGirl
02-15-2007, 10:44 PM
Is it just me, or was anyone else cringing at the fucking horrible writing in that story? I've seen better papers from sixth graders.

-K

Sean of the Thread
02-15-2007, 11:38 PM
Is it just me, or was anyone else cringing at the fucking horrible writing in that story? I've seen better papers from sixth graders.

-K

Typical new york assholes writing about typical new york assholes.