PDA

View Full Version : 1004

Makkah
02-14-2007, 11:34 PM
So I've always just thought there was a pre-green, green, yellow, and red messages.

pre-green - reforming as the gem becomes more perfect
green - smoother and more pure in color
yellow - structure of the gem improves somewhat
red - it crack loudly and strain under the force of the song

But tonight, I was singing to a dragonfire emerald and got a message I have never seen before:

>prep 1004
sing drag emer
You change your tune slightly, adding the element for Purification Song to your song...
Your spellsong is ready.
>You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a dragonfire emerald.
As you focus your voice on the dragonfire emerald, you notice that the resonance of your voice is severely affecting the crystalline structure of the gem.
When the song ends, you notice the dragonfire emerald sparkles a little more and is void of some natural imperfections.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Thinking that was weird... I loresang. Normal response, just a gem. So I 1004'd again and got the same message. So... weird. 1004 again and it says it can't be purified any further, but it still did not sing to as an orbed gem.

Went to sell and...

>sell emer
You ask Lornkrek if he would like to buy a dragonfire emerald.
clerk takes the dragonfire emerald, gives it a careful examination and hands you 15765 silver for it.

That's as high as I've ever sold a non-chisel gem.

Long story short... anyone else seen a "post-red" message before... and if so, is this it?

EDIT: I do have 103 ranks in trading, for reference.

StrayRogue
02-15-2007, 02:24 AM
You been buffing your manip or bard spell ranks with points lately?

TheEschaton
02-15-2007, 08:19 AM
I've never seen that message personally, but I rarely go beyond the first red light message, unless I'm trying to make an orb. I'll experiment a little later tonight.

-TheE-

Makkah
02-15-2007, 08:28 AM
No. My bard isn't a pussy (read: no manipulation).

AestheticDeath
02-15-2007, 10:22 AM
I have seen that several times. Normally when I sing to crap gems, as far as I can go. I dont sing to higher end gems too many times cause I dont want them to bust.

Makkah
02-15-2007, 10:39 AM
Yea, found out that's the final message. It is post-crack.