PDA

View Full Version : 1615/1630 damage types

Lomoriond
02-09-2007, 06:51 PM
So I'm trying to assemble a list of which deity causes which specific type of damage with 1615/1630.

Also, maybe what manifestations show up with the 1630 use

(Major Arkati/Spirit)
1) Koar --- Lightning
2) Lumnis --- Acid
3) Ronan --- Fire
4) Lorminstra --- Plasma
5) Imaera --- Puncture, Stags?
6) Phoen --- Plasma
7) Kai --- Crushing
8) Oleani --- Fire
9) Jastev --- Steam
10) Eonak --- Impact
11) Cholen ---
12) Zelia --- Ice, Boomerang
13) Fash'lo'nae --- Slash
14) Tonis ---

|| Lesser Spirit/Arkati
31) Niima --- Vibration
32) Aeia ---
33) Leya --- Slash
34) Tilamaire ---
35) Laethe ---
36) Voaris ---
37) Kuon ---
38) Jaston --- Wind?, Feathers?
39) Voln --- Fire?, Knight?

(Major Arkati/Spirit)
50) Eorgina --- Heat/Steam?
51) Sheru --- Crushing
52) Luukos --- Puncture, Snakes
53) V'tull --- Slash, Scimitar
54) Mularos --- Slash
55) Ivas --- Unbalance
56) Marlu --- Acid
57) Andelas ---
58) Gosaena --- Cold
59) Charl --- Lightning, Spears?

|| Lesser Spirit/Arkati
71) Arachne --- Unbalance
72) The Huntress --- Slash
73) Amasalen --- Slash, Two-headed purple serpent
74) Onar --- Puncture

See something I'm missing, or have wrong? Post it up!
I pulled a great many of these from cached gs4.org pages, so they may be outdated/wrong

TheEschaton
02-10-2007, 08:26 AM
Seems like V'Tull is Slash (first cast 1615, second 1630):

A pillar of blood red radiance manifests around a dreadnought raptor.
Warding failed!
Waves of sacred energy tear through the dreadnought raptor's body!
... 62 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Spectacular slash!
The dreadnought raptor's right arm is neatly amputated!
The dreadnought raptor screeches loudly as it crashes to the ground and cradles its mangled right wing!
The dreadnought raptor is stunned!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
>
A dreadnought raptor soars in.
>incant 1630
You motion forcefully as you confidently call on your patron in the invocation for Judgment...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a dreadnought raptor.
You briefly close your eyes, and a dark miasma roils about the ground around your feet. A faint black light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes on the shape of an ethereal scimitar!
A torrent of incarnadine essence streams out from the blade of the ethereal scimitar, striking a dreadnought raptor!
Warding failed!
The dreadnought raptor is stricken for 59 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Slash along the dreadnought raptor's lower back.
The dreadnought raptor is stunned!
The dreadnought raptor is driven to its knees!
A torrent of incarnadine essence streams out from the blade of the ethereal scimitar, striking a dreadnought raptor!
Warding failed!
The dreadnought raptor is stricken for 70 points of damage!
... 45 points of damage!
Gruesome slash to the dreadnought raptor's throat!
That stings... for about a second.
The dreadnought raptor writhes in agony, its wings flapping fruitlessly as it dies

Zelia seems to be ice:

A pillar of silver radiance manifests around a dreadnought raptor.
Warding failed!
Waves of sacred energy tear through the dreadnought raptor's body!
... 117 points of damage!
... 50 points of damage!
Hand freezes solid before falling off! Who needs a left hand anyway?
The dreadnought raptor screeches loudly as it crashes to the ground and cradles its mangled left claw!
The dreadnought raptor writhes in agony, its wings flapping fruitlessly as it dies.

You motion forcefully as you confidently call on your patron in the invocation for Judgment...
Your spell is ready.
You briefly close your eyes, and cacophony of child-like laughter fills the air around you. A faint silver light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal crescent boomerang!
A spiral of multi-hued essence streams out from the edge of the ethereal boomerang, striking a dreadnought raptor!
Warding failed!
The dreadnought raptor is stricken for 215 points of damage!
... 80 points of damage!
Deadly accuracy shatters the dreadnought raptor's spine into a thousand tiny icy shards!
The dreadnought raptor crashes to the ground, motionless.

Tolwynn
02-10-2007, 12:11 PM
This would be Ivas.

You gesture at a lesser orc.
A pillar of smoky green radiance manifests around a lesser orc.
CS: +81 - TD: +18 + CvA: +19 + d100: +100 == +182
Warding failed!
Waves of sacred energy tear through the lesser orc's body!
... 45 points of damage!
... 45 points of damage!
Grapple to the back crushes several useful bones!
A lesser orc screams one last time and dies.

drigore
02-10-2007, 05:43 PM
1613 also has the messaging for the damage type.

Amasalen

Faint traces of the scent of blood touch your nostrils and fill your senses like burning brimstone. Droplets of crimson fall on a krolvin warfarer, the red globules splashing at first, but then fade into small bits of razor-sharp metal that slash it as it passes by!
CS: 86 - TD: -25 + CvA: 19 + d100: +81 - 0 == 211
Warding failed!
... 24 points of damage!
The razor-sharp droplets continue unrelenting!
... 30 points of damage!
Rapped the krolvin warfarer's knuckles hard!
Right hand sounds broken.
The krolvin warfarer is stunned!

>incant 1630
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a shelfae chieftain.
You briefly close your eyes, and a twinging scent of blood lingers bout you. A faint light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes on a crimson hue. A two-handed purple serpent twines about your wrist!
A succession of crimson energy is emitted from the two-headed serpent, striking a shelfae chieftain!
CS: +175 - TD: +33 + CvA: +25 + d100: +14 == +181
Warding failed!
The shelfae chieftain is stricken for 42 points of damage!
... 30 points of damage!
Deep cut to the shelfae chieftain's left hand!
Seems to have broken some fingers too.
The shelfae chieftain is stunned!

The ethereal serpent writhes about before it fades away.

Lomoriond
02-10-2007, 07:08 PM
Is it just me, or does that say Two-handed purple serpent?

Thanks for the help so far!

TheEschaton
02-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Huh, definitely should be two-headed as per the Gods docs on Amasalen (and my Amasalen god auction symbol).

-TheE-

drigore
02-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah, that was when it first came out, it's long since been bugged and fixed.

Here's the correct version.

>incant 1630
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a firephantom.
You briefly close your eyes, and a twinging scent of blood lingers about you. A faint light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes on a crimson hue. A two-headed purple serpent twines about your wrist!
A succession of crimson energy is emitted from the two-headed serpent, striking a firephantom!
CS: +153 - TD: +18 + CvA: +25 + d100: +32 == +192
Warding failed!
The firephantom is stricken for 52 points of damage!
... 40 points of damage!
A strong blow cleaves the left wrist!
The hand dangles, spinning slowly, and then snaps back in place!
The firephantom slowly settles to the ground and begins to dissipate.

The ethereal serpent writhes about before it fades away.

serra7965
02-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Here is for Leya....Her attacks (for me at any rate) are punctures.

You motion forcefully as you confidently call on your patron in the invocation for Divine Strike...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a ghostly pooka.
A pillar of deep blue radiance manifests around a ghostly pooka.
CS: +169 - TD: +96 + CvA: +25 + d100: +60 == +158
Warding failed!
Waves of sacred energy tear through the ghostly pooka's body!
... 30 points of damage!
The ghostly pooka is immune to punctures.

Your spell is ready.
>cast pook
You gesture at a ghostly pooka.
You briefly close your eyes, and the visage of a great owl hovers behind you. A faint ivory light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal dagger!
A streak of ivory energy flares out from the blade of the ethereal dagger, striking a ghostly pooka!
CS: +170 - TD: +106 + CvA: +25 + d100: +20 == +109
Warding failed!
The ghostly pooka is stricken for 20 points of damage!
The ghostly pooka is immune to punctures.

The ethereal dagger collaspes into ash.

SellerOfSouls
02-22-2007, 10:47 AM
Voln:

1615:

You gesture at a kiramon defender.
A pillar of black-streaked white radiance manifests around a kiramon defender.
CS: +280 - TD: +174 + CvA: +25 + d100: +97 == +228
Warding failed!
Waves of sacred energy tear through the kiramon defender's body!
... 66 points of damage!
... 55 points of damage!
Left leg completely charred.
The kiramon defender's legs give way and it lurches to the ground.
The kiramon defender is stunned!
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

1630:

Your spell is ready.
>
You gesture at a kiramon defender.
You briefly close your eyes, and your form is shrouded with a radiant white surcoat. A faint white light builds up and emanates from your hand before it takes the shape of an ethereal shield!
A surge of white fire blazes from the center of the ethereal shield, striking a kiramon defender!
CS: +280 - TD: +174 + CvA: +25 + d100: +38 == +169
Warding failed!
The kiramon defender is stricken for 63 points of damage!
... 25 points of damage!
Burst of flames char chest a crispy black.
A surge of white fire blazes from the center of the ethereal shield, striking a kiramon worker!
CS: +280 - TD: +120 + CvA: +25 + d100: +91 == +276
Warding failed!
The kiramon worker is stricken for 129 points of damage!
... 55 points of damage!
Flame consumes a kiramon worker's right arm all the way to the shoulder.
The worker clicks its mandibles wildly and waves its mangled limb around uselessly.
The kiramon worker is stunned!

The ethereal shield becomes insubstantial and parts with a whisper.

-- The flame consuming a kiramon defender / worker makes little sense to me as I thought they were immune to fire?

~SoS

Warriorbird
03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Plasma's a bit more than normal fire.

Spreg
08-04-2008, 07:26 AM
Anyone know what

Other

flares as?

TheLastShamurai
08-04-2008, 05:20 PM
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a gremlock.
You briefly close your eyes, and a pair of luminous yellow eyes flash briefly behind you. A faint black light builds up and emanates from you before shadows coalesce and engulf your entire arm!
A black jackal-shaped visage leaps from the shadows, striking a festering taint!
CS: +363 - TD: +293 + CvA: +25 + d100: +63 == +158
Warding failed!
The festering taint is stricken for 52 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Right elbow smashed into a thousand pieces.
The festering taint is stunned!
The festering taint is driven to its knees!
A black jackal-shaped visage leaps from the shadows, striking a gremlock!
CS: +363 - TD: +279 + CvA: +25 + d100: +59 == +168
Warding failed!
The gremlock is stricken for 76 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Right elbow smashed into a thousand pieces.
The gremlock is stunned!
The gremlock is driven to his knees!

The shadows engulfing your arm fade away into thin tendrils of darkness.

divine vengence is well, more jackals!

go figure.

Imperarx
08-07-2008, 02:03 AM
Just thought I'd kick in. Tonis is vacuum crits. I'm stuck in the forge, or I'd go out and get a few shots of them.

Fallen
08-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Not to take this topic too ..well, off topic, but I was rather disappointed to see there isn't much a Paladin can do to raise the raw damage of any of his warding based spells. You can only expand on the number of targets, and on the chance to kneel. Other semis can raise the damage output through various means. I found that rather unfair.

Danical
08-07-2008, 05:32 AM
Not to take this topic too ..well, off topic, but I was rather disappointed to see there isn't much a Paladin can do to raise the raw damage of any of his warding based spells. You can only expand on the number of targets, and on the chance to kneel. Other semis can raise the damage output through various means. I found that rather unfair.

They aren't meant to do raw damage. But for what it's worth, the data I've seen on the crits and outcomes of 1615/1630 are pretty fantastic. Not 1030 fantastic, but then nothing is.

Also, kneeling the targets puts them into 10 seconds of RT.

Kneeling, decent crit, RT . . . ? Pretty much dead after that.

thefarmer
08-07-2008, 06:04 AM

Agreed.

Unfortunately it's supposed to be a breather/set-up spell. Although with out any actual RT, it fails at getting the job done decisively.

I think it's kind of like Cmans. Paladins get the shitty ones. We're supposed do all our killing with a (holy) weapon.

Danical
08-07-2008, 06:05 AM
Although with out any actual RT, it fails at getting the job done decisively.

It gives 10 seconds of RT provided you force them into kneeling . . .

Fallen
08-07-2008, 06:25 AM
But that isn't a lock, there are only percentages in achieving those goals, scaled against you as the creature's level rises. Also, the number of targets aren't uncapped, so you could completely miss many things in the room.

I agree if everything was knocked prone, loss of DS, and in RT they would be fantastic spells sans the damage, but that just isn't the case.

When you need a mass disabler, you need EVERYTHING atleast somewhat disabled.

Danical
08-07-2008, 05:02 PM
Jesus christ, you want a death/severe disabler spell from the most physical of Semis?

FFS, only 25 ranks in Religion Lore gets 85% kneel/RT against like level.

Even against higher level, you still get a good crit if you've got a decent amount of spell training and it's probably 5% reduction per level above. At that rate you could hunt shit 7 levels above you and still get 50% (assuming that's how it works).

You'll still be stunning corp creatures that can be stunned.

I'll give you the limitations on number of creatures hit, but with 24 SMC ranks, you can hit 5 creatures. I'd think if you need to hit more than that, you should consider running, I generally do even with 1030 (unless it's grimswarm and I have the chance to hit them first instead of walking into an already creature populated room).

Fallen
08-07-2008, 05:11 PM
FFS, only 25 ranks in Religion Lore gets 85% kneel/RT against like level. >>

Training in Spiritual Lore, Summoning increases the number of targets by one for every 50 additional skill (not ranks). For example, a paladin with 120 skill can hit 5 targets.

5 fucking targets. That's with maxed out lores

Not SMC, summoning lore. SMC does little for Paladins beyond a spell or two. They have very, very few MC tie ins, unlike Rangers and Bards. Another drawback of the profession.

Danical
08-07-2008, 05:25 PM
OHHHHHHH . . .

But you'd want 26 ranks of summoning for the 1605 bonus, yes? That would get you 5 targets right there.

Or maybe 25 ranks for Pious Trial . . . loollololololololololololololololololololollol

Fallen
08-07-2008, 05:26 PM
huh?

Spell 1606 - Dauntless (DAUNTLESS) [AID #228]
Circle: Cleric
Duration: 10 minutes, plus 30 seconds per spell rank (Stackable).
Effect:
This spell may not be cast on others.
Paladins are often revered for their courage and conviction in the face of troubling times. By casting this spell, the Paladin is infused with a sense of confidence and fearlessness to face any challenge she may find. Dauntless fills the Paladin with renewed courage and conviction, providing her +10 Attack Strength (AS) as well as resistance to fear-based attacks. This spell is self-cast only.
Notes:

Danical
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
See edit.

Fallen
08-07-2008, 05:29 PM
OHHHHHHH . . .

But you'd want 26 ranks of summoning for the 1605 bonus, yes? That would get you 5 targets right there. >>

26 summoning plus 25 religion = 51 lore ranks.

I doubt many Paladins are 1x lore, so that means they wont see the benefits to maxing out these bonuses for quite a while. Now factor in Blessings, and it becomes even less likely they will see it until near cap.

Yay, a spell that becomes barely adequate near cap!

They don't suck, but their CS based disablers are lackluster.

Danical
08-07-2008, 05:41 PM
I doubt many Paladins are 1x lore, so that means they wont see the benefits to maxing out these bonuses for quite a while. Now factor in Blessings, and it becomes even less likely they will see it until near cap.

Yay, a spell that becomes barely adequate near cap!

They don't suck, but their CS based disablers are lackluster.

Choices. If you want a fantastic AS then you probably won't have 1x lore. If you don't mind taking a hit to your AS (like it matters to paladins), you can get 5 targets and 85% kneel/RT at lvl 50. What's the big deal? I'd think a paladin not 1x in lores would be foolish. FOOLISH!

Furthermore, their CS disabler is absolutely in line with their build. You can't have a ridiculously awesome disabler AND have the highest AS in the game. You're looking at the spell in and of itself without taking the other variables into account like their ridiculous AS and defensive capabilities in that they can cast in plate and beseech. Sure, 1630 won't be as good as 1030, (mostly because 1030 is overpowered) but it was never meant to be. I think you're only comparing 1630 to 1030 alone and that's not fair because 1030 is due for a nerf.

As an aside, I'd take Judgement over Fury any day; Fury sucks horrendously.

The only thing I would complain about is Spell Hindrance because when you need to use 1630, the last thing you want is to fail. :( This is why bards are extra special. If I had to worry about hindrance, I would probably switch to lower armor.

Fallen
08-07-2008, 06:27 PM
Agree to disagree, I guess. I've been around their disabling spells, and I'm not impressed.

Danical
08-07-2008, 06:31 PM
Agreed.

TheLastShamurai
08-07-2008, 09:00 PM
i was under the impression Judgement capped at 9 creatures? 200 ranks of summoning.

i will have this one day!

muahahahahaha!

Sylvan Dreams
08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Now a paladin with 2x lores...that's something.

Danical
08-07-2008, 09:38 PM
IS IT?!

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h248/kaneda83/longshanks2.jpg

ZeP
08-08-2008, 07:51 PM
1630 is ok, it is pretty easy to get it to 5 targets mostly because at those lower levels that is probably the best spell to improve. Or Zealot for some builds. I've got a couple paladins and they have always been able to make shit higher level than them kneel, unless the target wears spirit warding spells. There is not a lot of other things to do with the mana anyway

The kneeling part shouldn't be forgotten either, since it can slow down a normally unstunnable creature. Like a mammoth arachnid. You get to see a kneeling spider that can't web you.