PDA

View Full Version : Stunned + 706 = Not stunned?!

CaptContagious
02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
You channel at a forest bendith.
CS: +221 - TD: +160 + CvA: +20 + d100: +96 == +177
Warding failed!
A dull grey beam snakes out toward the forest bendith!
... 73 points of damage!
... 20 points of damage!
Chunks of muscle removed from neck!
The forest bendith is stunned!
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
>incant 706
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Mind Jolt...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a forest bendith.
CS: +221 - TD: +160 + CvA: +20 + d100: +53 == +134
Warding failed!
Its eyes flash with a searing jolt of light!
It is heavily stunned!
>718
*** TypoHelp: Converted "718" to INCANT 718.
((Time to Stance Offensive and PWN!))
You trace an intricate sign that contorts in the air while forcefully invoking Torment...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture at a forest bendith.
CS: +221 - TD: +160 + CvA: +20 + d100: +34 == +115
Warding failed!
You glare malevolently at a forest bendith.
You feel a dark force suddenly summoned between you and a forest bendith.
>
A forest bendith swings a morning star at you!
AS: +256 vs DS: +292 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +100 = +98
A clean miss.
((Holy Shit! shouldnt that bastard be stunned still!?! Oh shit.. Im in guarded still!))
>
You feel a dark force lash out at your opponent!
CS: +221 - TD: +196 + CvA: +20 + d100: +14 == +59
Warded off!

The dark force suddenly turns upon you and tears at your body!
CS: +193 - TD: +150 + CvA: +14 + d100: +61 - -5 == +123
Warding failed!
You are engulfed in an eerie, dark haze!
... 70 points of damage!
Wicked slash slices open your chest!
Heart and lungs pureed!
Sickening!
The brilliant luminescence fades from around you.
The light blue glow leaves you.
The air calms down around you.
The white light leaves you.
The very powerful look leaves you.
The deep blue glow leaves you.
The bright luminescence fades from around you.
The silvery luminescence fades from around you.
The powerful look leaves you.
A dark shadow seems to detach itself from your body, swiftly dissipating into the air.
You feel less confident than before.

It seems you have died, my friend. Although you cannot do anything, you are keenly aware of what is going on around you...

You mentally give a sigh of relief as you remember that the Goddess Lorminstra owes you a favor.

...departing in 10 mins...

DAMNIT!

Landrion
02-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Im guessing that the disintegrate put a light stun on it and despite the messaging the jolt then did nothing. Fu is confusing like that too, because it will message stuns on a critter thats already stunned.

Bobmuhthol
02-08-2007, 11:20 AM
Like Landrion said, the bendith was already stunned when you cast Mind Jolt. The stuns do not stack, nor does the stronger supersede the other: the original stun is in effect until it wears off and any afflictions in the meantime are negated. No matter how long the Mind Jolt should've lasted, if it was already stunned for say 8 seconds the Mind Jolt would be ignored and it would be unstunned 8 seconds after it was first attacked.

CaptContagious
02-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I know for a fact the Mind Jolt stacks... countless times I have mind jolted a benidith and hit with a light stun and recasted for a heavier stun and the stun lasts alot longer then what a normal light stun would last.

Bobmuhthol
02-08-2007, 01:14 PM
You didn't stack it on top of another Mind Jolt, and it should refresh the cast with the new duration as opposed to stacking anyway. It's because it was stunned from another attack first.

CaptContagious
02-09-2007, 11:36 AM
ok, so if mind jolt doesnt stack or refresh a stun from an attack then shouldn't it have the same messaging as when you attempt to mind jolt a critter after you have already heavily mind jolted it? (its is already far to stunned for that! (or something similar)) either way I think it sucks

Landrion
02-09-2007, 11:38 AM
ok, so if mind jolt doesnt stack or refresh a stun from an attack then shouldn't it have the same messaging as when you attempt to mind jolt a critter after you have already heavily mind jolted it? (its is already far to stunned for that! (or something similar)) either way I think it sucks

Yes, the messaging sucks. You could try bugging it.

Sorchia
02-14-2007, 12:34 AM
If critter is stunned light then yes you can mind jolt them to get a better stun. However, mind jolt is not stackable or refreshable. Still does not change the fact you can jolt for a heavy stun. If the critter is heavly stunned to begain with then a message that the critters mind is already wondering, or something to that affect.

Xandalf
02-14-2007, 06:03 AM
If critter is stunned light then yes you can mind jolt them to get a better stun. However, mind jolt is not stackable or refreshable. Still does not change the fact you can jolt for a heavy stun. If the critter is heavly stunned to begain with then a message that the critters mind is already wondering, or something to that affect.

This is untrue.

Mind Jolt IS refreshable, but NOT stackable.

As was stated earlier, you can't use 706 on top of a natural stun. If you stun something with another spell or attack, then you can NOT 706 and refresh the stun. If you 706 and stun something then you CAN refresh the stun at any time.

I would be interested on seeing if you can refresh 706 on top of 505.

ELO
02-15-2007, 12:18 AM

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Gan
02-15-2007, 08:02 AM
I've been mind jolted in the ducts by taints (multiple in succession), then have had it cast on me again; and what was originally an 8 round stun turned into at most a 2 round stun when I got the message "you can move again" or whatever denotes that you arent stunned.

Its almost as if multiple casts sometimes have a cancelling effect on each other.

Just my two cents from a target's perspective.

Sorchia
02-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I've been mind jolted in the ducts by taints (multiple in succession), then have had it cast on me again; and what was originally an 8 round stun turned into at most a 2 round stun when I got the message "you can move again" or whatever denotes that you arent stunned.

Its almost as if multiple casts sometimes have a cancelling effect on each other.

Just my two cents from a target's perspective.

This is what i was getting at.