PDA

View Full Version : Belt of Kai

onurb
02-06-2007, 11:08 PM
The belt has a new owner, but I will leave this information up for their convenience.

a wide mithril belt - (reduces encumberance when worn)
show: The belt is made of tiny mithril links with a clasp engraved with the Symbol of Kai. There seem to be fine strands of metal, veniom by the looks of them, woven between the links

EXAMPLE:

I used a totally unencumbered giant for this test. I started withdrawing coins until I reached the first encumberance threashold. It took 20397 coins to do this. I then wore the belt and it brought me back me back below the first encumberance threashold. I then starting withdrawing coins again until I reached the first threashold again. It took a total of 19154 coins to do this. So basically on this particular giant, the belt reduced 19154 coins worth of weight. According to sources, 160 coins is equal to 1 pound. So 19154/160 is equal to 119.7125 pounds. By wearing this belt, the giant reduced almost 120 pounds worth of weight or encumberance.

This type of reduction is not only good for box hunting, but it can also reduce the encumberance caused by your normal gear. This can help greatly against manuver attacks of all sorts. The weightless containers you see from time to time are nice, but they will only reduce the weight of the contents inside, not the weight of the items you may be wearing.

The benefit of this belt is determined by your race and weight. The larger and stronger races will receive more of a benefit than the smaller races. In my opinion, this is one of the most powerful items that exists in gemstone today.

Tea & Strumpets
04-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Nice to see a merchant that actually lists accurate properties of an item, as well as providing relevant details like the different effects on different races.

In your face, Tsin!

The Ponzzz
04-08-2007, 08:13 PM
This just became a bit more valuable.

Danical
04-10-2007, 04:22 PM
FYI - Porcell posted how this worked when Tsin was in possesion of the belt.

StrayRogue
04-19-2007, 03:32 PM
How much you looking for coin wise. U2U me if you wish to be private.

Michaelous
05-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Up for sale still, 100 mil buyout in coins, also accept trades. same item
aim at x_2good4this_x or post here

Danical
09-28-2007, 06:28 PM

Still selling this?

Donquix
10-14-2007, 04:36 PM
Bump in memoriam.

Rest in peace, belt of kai.

Xaerve
10-14-2007, 05:12 PM
lol, nice.

TheEschaton
10-14-2007, 05:18 PM
I remember this one time, Belt of Kai and I were having a nice romantic walk down the beach....

Tsa`ah
10-14-2007, 05:20 PM
Belt of Kai has no standards and appears to be your typical crack whore who'll go down on anyone with a rock.

TheEschaton
10-14-2007, 05:35 PM
How dare you denigrate Belt of Kai, who has passed from our company?!?!??! You insensitive bitch!

Donquix
10-14-2007, 07:04 PM
lol, nice.

Hehe, i saw the thread out of the corner of my eye and couldn't resist.

I just wish we had a picture of the belt of kai...then I could make a YTMND of it to the "incredible hulk sad walking away music."

Jayvn
10-14-2007, 10:05 PM
do it in mspaint..everyone loves pictures done in mspaint... =/

Caiylania
10-15-2007, 01:35 PM
I kept wondering what the blasted thing everyone was crying over was. Now I, too. Am sad.

Methais
10-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't get why Simu doesn't just strip down characters that have been permabanned and re-release the stuff back into the game.

Make a paid event out of it, with all the loot floating around on banned characters. Put some dollar signs in Simu's eyes and that stuff will probably return by next week.

Donquix
10-15-2007, 02:25 PM
I suggested the same thing to a GM, the answer was that, basically, it's just not how it's done.

The main problem cited is what if the player is ever let back in...then they either have to just tell them tough, we jacked your 10,000 RL dollars worth of stuff (what i suggested) or make dupes of all these high end items.

I wish they would do that though. Search accounts where ban = 1, and pick them clean and redistribute the wealth.

Even if they did something like, make the items redistributed attune to whoever gets it, so it's just 1 other person with it and it's not something actively floating around the market in the unlikely event the character is reinstated and they have to dupe said items (or, better yet, attune the item to the old character so they can never sell it)

crazy good stuff just removed from the game makes me sad panda :(

Celephais
10-15-2007, 03:01 PM
This is pretty much the only form of item attrition in the game... I just don't see them outright re-distributing any of the items. Actually I see this as a bit of room opening up for them to put other new high end items into the game.

Skeeter
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I don't get why Simu doesn't just strip down characters that have been permabanned and re-release the stuff back into the game.

Make a paid event out of it, with all the loot floating around on banned characters. Put some dollar signs in Simu's eyes and that stuff will probably return by next week.

If it's not already around the waist of a GM char.

Lord Orbstar
10-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Who was teh guy that took this to perma ban hell with him? I wasnt aware this had happened.

Sthrockmorton
10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
Michaelous

Sthrockmorton
10-15-2007, 04:59 PM

I dunno how I missed this going back up for sale, I would have paid the 100 mill for it if I had seen it...

Danical
10-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Actually I see this as a bit of room opening up for them to put other new high end items into the game.

4x whip-blade WITH fire flares and TONS of scripts! WHOOOO!!!

I get what you're saying but I think "high-end" 5+ years ago is drastically different than "high-end" today. Just saying.

Celephais
10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
4x whip-blade WITH fire flares and TONS of scripts! WHOOOO!!!

I get what you're saying but I think "high-end" 5+ years ago is drastically different than "high-end" today. Just saying.
I agree, but the excuse they keep falling back on to why they can't release new "good" high-ends anymore is because none of the old high-ends have left the game... now they have! So long as they stick to their guns on the ban, alls good (Infact I say they delete all his gear now to ensure they stick to their guns... if they fold later they'll have to say "Too bad" about his gear).

Methais
10-15-2007, 06:32 PM
What did Michaelous have besides the Belt of Kai anyway?

Sthrockmorton
10-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Belt of Kai
Permanent opals bracers
4x shaalk claid with +50 weighting (+10 more than normal claid)
9x per day SC earring
7x per day haste pendant
6x/2x TD plate
1000 lb sack

I'm sure there was some more as well

Methais
10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
What a tard.

Lord Orbstar
10-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh my God, that is a nasty loss to the world. Whenever an item reminiscent of RoleMaster goes away, it makes baby Jesus cry. RM was the reason and my first attraction to Gemstone III.

/wave

"Goodbye, lovely Shaalk sword-like-thing"

*** What did he do to get perma banned? That takes a pretty heinous act I would imagine.

Lomoriond
10-15-2007, 07:29 PM
He had some damage padded krodera full plate too...

Michael did bring me to the PC all those years ago (to rip him a new one for being a complete dick and then whining how he was the victim)... I can't say I'll miss him, but I do owe him that much...

Donquix
10-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh my God, that is a nasty loss to the world. Whenever an item reminiscent of RoleMaster goes away, it makes baby Jesus cry. RM was the reason and my first attraction to Gemstone III.

/wave

"Goodbye, lovely Shaalk sword-like-thing"

*** What did he do to get perma banned? That takes a pretty heinous act I would imagine.

The sword wasn't actually shaalk anymore, it was vultite. Supposedly someone disarmed/cursed him and took it, then dropped in the well. The GMs replaced the item, with the same stats, but couldn't make it shaalk again. (kind of silly if you ask me, but it is what it is)

And it was basically a culmination of acts. Basically being constantly in the consultation lounge for being a general douche (i'm sorry...RPing a douche, hes not really a douche. hes the victim.) and the GMs getting sick of dealing with his incessant shit.

He had some damage padded krodera full plate too...

He definitely had other stuff not listed. Such is life.

Michael did bring me to the PC all those years ago (to rip him a new one for being a complete dick and then whining how he was the victim)... I can't say I'll miss him, but I do owe him that much...

Another heinous act we can blame him for :-P

can't resist a good cheap shot, sorry.