PDA

View Full Version : WARNING if you've bought characters

AkMan
11-14-2003, 07:41 PM
Many years ago an acquaintance of mine sold his 120ish level sorc for around $1000. The word is he called up simu couple weeks ago and asked if he could have the character back (or something to that effect). They asked him the security question and guess what? It hadn't changed so dude got his sorc back.

Moral of the story? If you've bought an account, I HIGHLY recommend you change the security question/answer.

Soulpieced
11-14-2003, 07:42 PM
That's fucked up.

AkMan
11-14-2003, 07:43 PM
Agreed. That's why I posted about it. I haven't talked to said person myself.....but....heard this story from a mutual friend and I have no reason not to believe it.

theotherjohn
11-14-2003, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by Soulpieced
That's fucked up.

and very funny:lol:

LordSagan
11-15-2003, 07:11 AM
Well, duh.

If you buy an account...change the security question.

He who knows the security question owns the account.

I can't believe people still fall for this.

Betheny
11-15-2003, 10:24 AM
I can believe it.

As long as Garr plays Gemstone, I will believe absolutely anything, including that he just might drown in a tragic accident involving half an inch of water on the bottom of a bucket.

Neildo
11-17-2003, 06:27 PM
Also don't forget to change the e-mail too, heh. You can own an account, change the password, but if the person asks to have the password sent back to their e-mail address before you've changed it, they now have the new password of the account and can take it back over as well.

- N

AestheticDeath
12-16-2003, 07:52 PM
I was able to get a 75 wizard back this way. I had bought it to resale, sold it to a guy on ebay, got the payment through paypal.. and after I gave the info, he rescinded the paypal payment, and I was screwed outta $750... but I called up Simu on the off chance he was a stupid person. And lo and behold he was. I was able to regain access to my account. And I changed all the info.. After that I was only under for the fees on ebay and paypal.. resold the guy later for $750... Oddly enough to a guy in the same area.