PDA

View Full Version : For you eBay sellers

Marl
01-28-2007, 04:23 PM
http://www.brokentoys.org/2007/01/25/ebay-yanking-rmt-auctions/

It seems eBay is stopping the same of all virtual items. I ran into this recently when trying to sell some diablo ii items. It has been a widespread thing too, Diablo sales went from about 5000+ listings to around 3-400 in the past couple days. Also I have heard of WoW sellers getting their auctions pulled quite quickly. I don't know if they have gotten to all of the smaller selling games( gs4) but it will soon be here. Just a heads up.

StrayRogue
01-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Yes, from the EU perspective, the only thing you'll find on Ebay for warcraft is the actual game, the expansion, the keyboard, the mini's, and endless, endless guides on how to grind gold or hit level 60 in 7 days.

Meges
01-28-2007, 11:22 PM
That seems fairly easy to circumvent by doing something similar below:

Selling a GemStone IV Guide (30 pages) $550.00.

Included with the guide is full and exclusive access to a level 100 empath. The guide and information on obtaining the empath will be mailed via USPS as well as communicated via e-mail upon receipt of payment.

Meges

Drew
01-29-2007, 01:50 AM
Yeah, it's like selling tickets for face value plus this commemorative hat for only 600 dollars more!

The Ponzzz
01-29-2007, 01:50 AM
OMFG THE GS BLACK MARKET ON EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!

AestheticDeath
01-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Actually as I was reading through some of the links, someone told of an auction where they were selling an actual game disk and manual. Later in the auction they said they were including the characters and gold etc.. The thing still got pulled.

What I am wondering, is since Paypal was bought by eBay(right?), will paypal be trying to do something to prevent money being exchanged for such things?

Marl
01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Actually as I was reading through some of the links, someone told of an auction where they were selling an actual game disk and manual. Later in the auction they said they were including the characters and gold etc.. The thing still got pulled.

What I am wondering, is since Paypal was bought by eBay(right?), will paypal be trying to do something to prevent money being exchanged for such things?

I am sure paypal will take a stance as they don't support virtual item sales and if you get screwed too bad. Pretty much close to what they are now. I don't see any way paypal can stop transactions for vitual items, how would they know what it was for?