PDA

View Full Version : Kesir, Izbin, and all of Ganryu's characters

FishSticks
06-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Kesir, Izbin, and all of Ganryu's new characters are banned now. Dont talk about it in game thou..

ok, what happened was. I was preety pissed off what Ganryu did to me before, he got me into that dupin thing, and I didnt know I was selling duped goods.

Recently, he IM's me saying if I wanted to be another duping scam. He told me he found a bug and was going to make alot of items, he also told me he already duped FGB, plate, and he was going to dupe more agian. I pretended to be in on it, I tricked him into giving me his in other in game name (I wasnt 100% sure he was kesir or izbin) and they got him banned. So he will no longer be able to dupe items!

Just wanted to spread the good news.

FishSticks
06-22-2003, 11:08 AM
Oh, they knew to band him because I reported them and assisted them and gave them his in game name :)

Xcalibur
06-22-2003, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by FishSticks

Recently, he IM's me saying if I wanted to be another duping scam. He told me he found a bug and was going to make alot of items, he also told me he already duped FGB, plate, and he was going to dupe more agian. I pretended to be in on it, I tricked him into giving me his in other in game name (I wasnt 100% sure he was kesir or izbin) and they got him banned. So he will no longer be able to dupe items!

Just wanted to spread the good news.

please don't lie again, damn it

you never tricked him, he never said any names he was playing except a fake one. I know it cause someone wanted i know wanted to play with you, and as the thief you are, you take the situation and bring it on your advantage.

You were caught once, no pride in that, buddy

Scott
06-22-2003, 04:57 PM
<<Oh, they knew to band him because I reported them and assisted them and gave them his in game name>>

If that is your only basis of them being banned, I would expect to see them back. Just because you reported doesn't mean they are banned. I'm sure a some people on these boards already reported him well before you....

06-30-2003, 07:19 PM
This is my first time posting on these boards, but a friend pointed me to this thread, so I thought I would comment. I think it is quite amusing you people think I play Kesir, and was formerly Ganryu. Ladies and gentlemen, no one plays Izbin, but Izbin, and Izbin plays no one else. Warclaidhm is quite obviously a mentally challenged. Let us clarify, just because you are friends with someone does not mean you are them. I am not locked out, and I have never even had a warning. I just haven't been around as of late, because I have been busy with my work schedule. That is all.

Caels
06-30-2003, 07:30 PM
Damn, even I have had a warning in game. But never come close to being banned.

06-30-2003, 07:44 PM
Also, I would like to add that previously when Ganryu was selling Izbin. It was because I did not have the time to play, nor did I even know of the Player's Corner. However, I decided not to sell out. I am the original player.

Caels
06-30-2003, 07:52 PM
I let Caels die away. Don't like the thought of anyone else being him.

Makkah
06-30-2003, 08:24 PM
Anyone else notice a similarity in the posting styles (Kesir\Izbin).

rht

Jack
07-01-2003, 12:27 AM
Everyone allready knows who you are Izbin, I don't see why you're here trying to deny it. Your actions in GS have allready proven who you are. You aren't fooling anyone.

Jack

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 12:38 AM
Izbin, by checking your I.P. address and matching it with Kesir's, I have no choice but to ban you.

Please do not return to these forums under different names. It is not hard for an administrator to verify your identity. The fact that you registered under the same e-mail address as Kesir's, and the fact that your I.P. addresses are the exact same, requires that I ban your account.

Jenisi
07-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Kranar rocks!

Bobmuhthol
07-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Jenisi doesn't.

Scott
07-01-2003, 02:02 AM
He probably said this because Izbin is back. I saw him today so I'm assuming that he's trying to avoid the same mistake he made with Kesir, although it seems he made it worse.

Jack
07-01-2003, 03:32 AM
Kranar,
Is he really that dumb? Using the same email adress, and IP? After all, this is the "Mastermind of the duping scam", and previously he stated his IP changed every five minutes.... I always thought he was an ass, but apparently he is also retarded. So who wants to take bets on how long it will be before Izbin is banned? I say one week max.

Savanae
07-01-2003, 03:34 AM
I doubt highly it will even take a week. He has way to many enemys.

I give it 48 hrs at most before he has been reported and banned.

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 03:49 AM
<< Is he really that dumb? Using the same email adress, and IP? >>

Yeah, well we e-mail the password to any newly registered member, so it has to be valid. And as far as the I.P. address goes, it's pretty hard to fake that, although we did have one member successfully do so.

Scott
07-01-2003, 04:07 AM
<<And as far as the I.P. address goes, it's pretty hard to fake that, although we did have one member successfully do so.>>

A 10 year old can fake an IP address......

Skaster
07-01-2003, 05:49 AM
Um, anyone else notice that Izbin is listed as a SuperAdministrator?

Ben
07-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Honestly, who cares if Ganryu still plays GS.
It just shows his dependence on a game he claims to hate. Getting banned for Bug Abuse is stupid, everyone else gets away with it (i.e locker dupe bug) and just cuz we made out like bandits isn't our fault, Simu is punishing us for their mistakes. I really enjoyed gemstone and now I cannot play again for a stupid lapse in judgement. They absolutely refuse to give me a chance or review the terms for lockout. I could see if they stripped all the items from the account or something, But Permaban is unfair in this situation.

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 08:30 AM
<< A 10 year old can fake an IP address...... >>

Feel free to do it.

<< Um, anyone else notice that Izbin is listed as a SuperAdministrator? >>

Yeah, it's a glitch. He's also shown as having registered 30 years ago.

Warriorbird
07-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Don't give me that, Ben. Y'all knew perfectly well what you were doing.

Ben
07-01-2003, 09:03 AM
Yeah I did, but I had no warnings or anything, and other people get like 50 and I'm banned FOREVER from Gemstone.

Parkbandit
07-01-2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Ben
Yeah I did, but I had no warnings or anything, and other people get like 50 and I'm banned FOREVER from Gemstone.

I'm confused... when someone is banned.. isn't it easy to simply get a new account and play a new character? What do you need.. a new ISP and credit card?

While it's effective of getting rid of problem characters.. banning can be pretty easily overcome.. no?

Or am I missing something?

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 12:22 PM
You need a different name on the credit card, that will let you make a new account.

Thing is, if they suspect that you're a previously banned character, because someone reports you or whatnot, then they check your home address. They rarely check the I.P. address from what I know.

Besides, as you know, GMs are pretty strict when it comes to bans, and it's not worth taking the risk, getting a character to a high level, and then getting busted.

[Edited on 7-1-2003 by Kranar]

Scott
07-01-2003, 12:32 PM
<<<<< A 10 year old can fake an IP address...... >>

Feel free to do it.>>

How's that? I think it's different then my original, if not let me know and I'll change it. I wasn't sure if this is what I always use or not.

Caels
07-01-2003, 12:45 PM
They are the same.

Parkbandit
07-01-2003, 12:51 PM
When you use a service like Roadrunner.. doesn't it assign you a new IP address everytime you disconnect the modem?

Sorry.. I'm not very computer saavy.

Caels
07-01-2003, 12:53 PM
Yes, it does. But the first three numbers of the IP will almost always be the same, which is a good way to block someone who uses AOL or proxy.

Parkbandit
07-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Caels
Yes, it does. But the first three numbers of the IP will almost always be the same, which is a good way to block someone who uses AOL or proxy.

Again.. forgive me if I am ignorant on this subject...

but by doing so.. are you not banning a pretty large number of potential users? I know in my roadrunner neighborhood, I have 3 friends that play an online game with me from their homes. If I get banned and you block anyone with the same initial numbers as I have.. are you not banning them as well?

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 01:53 PM
<< If I get banned and you block anyone with the same initial numbers as I have.. are you not banning them as well? >>

An I.P. address is split into 4 octets. When we I.P. ban, we block out the first 3 octets. The first sector is ALWAYS reserved for the network that the connection is running on, the next 2 are reserved for the host, and the format they use varies from network to network, but they usually go by district, then local router. The last octet is the node, it refers to your actual computer on the local router. Since every octet is 1 byte, this means a local router can only have 256 computers connected to it at a time.

Since only 256 computers connect to a local router, that means if we I.P. ban someone using the first 3 octets, then the only way someone else can be accidently banned is if they live near the banned person's house and connect to the banned person's local router. The odds are very slim that this would happen, once again, because only 256 computers can connect to the router.

If someone's I.P. address is determined to be from a university or college, then we can ban all 4 octets, since university/college I.P. numbers are static. But if the I.P. comes from AOL, or Sprint, or any dialup network, then we have no choice but to ban the first 3 octets.

Trinitis
07-01-2003, 01:58 PM
so basicly what your saying is..if one of my roomies where to get banned here..I'm screwed as well?

-Adredrin

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Also, to the issue of faking an I.P. address.

You can easily fake/mask an I.P. address when you send information, because the internet was setup so that a receiving party doesn't need to verify the source of the information, but you can not easily mask an I.P. address when you wish to receive information.

Doing so requires actually hacking into a network, getting the network to pass the information you wish to receive to an alternate node (computer), and then intercepting that information before it reaches the node.

It's a tedious process, and not something I hope anyone of you would care to do simply so you could be a snert here on this BBS.

imported_Kranar
07-01-2003, 02:02 PM
<< so basicly what your saying is..if one of my roomies where to get banned here..I'm screwed as well? >>

If he's a university/college room mate, then no, because we could ban all 4 octets of his I.P. address. But if he's a room mate and you both come to this website using a commercial network, then yeah... you're screwed.

Parkbandit
07-01-2003, 03:04 PM
Wow.. thanks Kranar. Learn something new everyday.

Caels
07-01-2003, 04:37 PM
Heh, Kranar's my knowledgebase for lots of stuff.