PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else's day really suck?

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 06:44 PM
So, I'm a legal secretary, mainly real estate, and I could go into all the reasons that my day sucked at work, but it wouldn't make sense to most of the real world, so I won't...
Besides my actual work day, which makes me glad I don't own a gun... or rather should make my clients relieved... My hour commute home was a nightmare... How in the name of the gods does a red car turn invisible on the parkway, How fucking blind are people? So, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having one of those days, because apparently I am... *wanders off to find some champagne*

Caiylania
11-11-2003, 06:46 PM
::: rubs Myrianna :::

Not one of those for me today, but I have had many of them. Hope you feel better.

Drew2
11-11-2003, 06:56 PM
I walked into my Politics class this morning.

Everyone had their scantrons out.

I thought the test was next tuesday like the syllabus said.

I hadn't studied.

My day was great.

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 06:57 PM
*feels dumb* What's a scantron?

Drew2
11-11-2003, 06:59 PM
Erm... form of an answer sheet. You buy them at the school bookstore and use them on tests in every class. Multiple choice selections... makes it easier for Profs. to grade 250+ tests by running them through a machine.

Artha
11-11-2003, 07:00 PM
It's a sheet paper that you get for a test, you fill in the circles, the teacher runs it through a machine, and the machine sees which answers you got right or wrong.

Shnutts
11-11-2003, 07:01 PM
tayre i did that in my macro econ class monday. needless to say i failed...

Halfsilver
11-11-2003, 07:01 PM
They make you pay for them at your school, Tayre?

too funny!

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:03 PM
Oh... like those damn sheets the SAT's were on... *thinks she understands, which is good, cause feeling stupid does not help her day*

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:04 PM
I feel for you Myrianna. I too work in a law office. I'm still here as a matter of fact..Despite the usual "The clients are freaking idiots" on a day when there were no government offices open and I was hoping to have some peace and quiet, I just fucking burnt my tongue on the popcorn I just made. Goddamnit. Oh yeah, and the voicemail server caught on fire today. No. Literally, on fire. It was BS.

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Halfsilver

too funny!

Um... yes, Graysalin. They're not smart like you and spend thousands of dollars providing scantrons for over 25k students a year.

I'm sorry my school doesn't mean your standards. I'll refer them to your expert opinion when I go tomorrow.

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Neff
Oh yeah, and the voicemail server caught on fire today. No. Literally, on fire. It was BS.

ROFLMAO

Sorry... but since it didn't happen to me.. that's freaking hilarious.

Actually.. even if it did happen to me, I would have laughed.

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Tayre

too funny!

Um... yes, Graysalin. They're not smart like you and spend thousands of dollars providing scantrons for over 25k students a year.

I'm sorry my school doesn't mean your standards. I'll refer them to your expert opinion when I go tomorrow.

Whoa, easy there killer. I don't think he was trying to insult you. I never have to pay for my scantrons either.

Halfsilver
11-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Tayre's bitter that he has to pay for scantrons and I don't!

:lol:

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:08 PM

Oh yeah, and the voicemail server caught on fire today. No. Literally, on fire. It was BS.

ROFLMAO

Sorry... but since it didn't happen to me.. that's freaking hilarious.

Actually.. even if it did happen to me, I would have laughed.

Ha, actually I did laugh. At the guy that wouldn't let me upgrade a fucking pentium 1 66 mhz in the first place.

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:09 PM
I didn't in High School... but now that I'm in big people school, I do.

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Additionally: What the crap I just bit my lip. This is YOUR FAULT TAYRE.

A CURSE ON BOTH YOUR HOUSES.

wow..I wish I had two houses...

Drew2
Tayre's bitter that he has to pay for scantrons and I don't!

:lol:

No, I'm bitter that I'll never be as cool as you think you are.

Halfsilver
<~~~went to UMBC for 2 years.

Is that not considered a 'big-people' school Tayre?

They provided my scantrons for me in each of my classes. I think they figured that paying out the ass for books was enough strain on the students' meager income.

yeesh.

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I'm not in high school either. I never even thought about them making you buy the stupid things. I bet that does save them a bunch, too.

Myrianna
*offers Neff a drink* You may actually need this more than I do...

GSLeloo
Me neither and my highschool is the cheapest/poorest one you could find. They're free.

Drew2

http://uninteresting.myby.co.uk/noeffort/romjul.htm

If you haven't seen this already, it will brighten your day for sure. Just turn down your speakers (if you have them) before you do it. It has music.

Moist Happenings
However, when they're charging you for things they shouldn't anyway they really should supply crap like that. I mean think about it.

"okay, I'm a history major. Let's take some history classes"

"no, you have to take these 40 credits of stuff you'll never use first"

"what the hell for?"

"So we can turn a profit."

11-11-2003, 07:13 PM
most colleges make you buy your own scantrons now

Drew2

They provided my scantrons for me in each of my classes. I think they figured that paying out the ass for books was enough strain on the students' meager income.

yeesh.

$2-3 a year won't kill me, I think.

Then again that's like 50 ramens so I don't know.

Moist Happenings

http://uninteresting.myby.co.uk/noeffort/romjul.htm

If you haven't seen this already, it will brighten your day for sure. Just turn down your speakers (if you have them) before you do it. It has music.

Haha, yeah that's great. I've seen it before. I forgot that thing existed!

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:15 PM
Well then next time tell me...

I WANT ALL UR BALLZ 2 DIE!!!11

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:15 PM

Yeah man, seriously. That's like a month and a half food budget for me.

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:16 PM
You guys serious? If I decide to cook a single meal it costs my parents like $30....

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:17 PM
30 bucks?! At Sams I can get either 30 packets of ramen for 3 dollars, or 6 pounds of angelhair pasta for 4 dollars. That'll last me a good month

Halfsilver
11-11-2003, 07:17 PM
[
$2-3 a year won't kill me, I think.

Ha! Ramen noodles, the staple food of dorm life.

I ate countless packages of the stuff during my stay at B-more campus.
When I go back in January to UMD, It'll be back to the strict noodle diet. I can't wait!

-grays/d

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by GSLeloo
You guys serious? If I decide to cook a single meal it costs my parents like $30....

Must be nice....

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:20 PM
Yeah um.. have to buy all the proteins and then all the ingrediants for the sauces, all the vegi's, special spices, something to cook for dessert... my mom's favorite meat costs $20 for two tiny slivers!

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:21 PM
Geeeez woman...

Is your daddy's last name Gates?

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:22 PM
Yeah um.. have to buy all the proteins and then all the ingrediants for the sauces, all the vegi's, special spices, something to cook for dessert... my mom's favorite meat costs $20 for two tiny slivers!

*decides she wants to move in with Leloo* Have a spare bedroom... a couch? anything?

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Dibs on Christina's bed.

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:23 PM
Nah, my dad just has no say. And we have the couch in the basement outside my brothers room, but the dog likes to sleep on it at times.

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:24 PM
ROFL YOUR BROTHER LIVES IN THE BASEMENT

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:24 PM
You can sleep with my aunts dogs, neff! Hopefully they get so excited to see you they pee on you!

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:25 PM
ROFL YOUR BROTHER LIVES IN THE BASEMENT

I live in the basement too. They're nice rooms, we had the basement redone, it's basically like any other floor. Plus we have a bathroom, my parents are going to put a fridge down here and eventually a microwave too.

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:26 PM
Dibs on Christina's bed.

Who needs a bed, if the foods good enough, I'll take the floor...

Drew2
11-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by Myrianna

Who needs a bed, if the foods good enough, I'll take the floor...

Amen.

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:27 PM
Well in frozen food we have tons of hot pockets, Elio's pizza, this jose ole thingys.. tons of shit my brother LOVED and so we bought lots of and then he decided he didn't like them so we just have them... anyone want some?

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:28 PM
Well in frozen food we have tons of hot pockets, Elio's pizza, this jose ole thingys.. tons of shit my brother LOVED and so we bought lots of and then he decided he didn't like them so we just have them... anyone want some?
ME!!!! I love hot pockets!

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:30 PM
Plus my dad makes his own beer and sometimes makes pizza, putting beer in the dough. He also makes fresh pumpkin pies and apple pies, bread, baggles... what else... eggplant parmegan (sp?) sandwiches... my mom likes making the lasanga, linguini and clamsauce, fancy pasta dishes..

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:33 PM
STOP!...sefoausdfjlkFOOD. I Haven't eaten anything today! That stupid popcorn that I burnt my tongue on didn't deserve to live so I KILLED IT. I'm huungry..

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:33 PM
So... Leloo... When's dinner tomorrow, and where's my directions?

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:38 PM
Dinner is around 5! follow the paramus park mall. Well when we don't fresh cook dinner we get like.. a pizza, french fries, mozzerella (sp?) sticks, and my dad gets a calzone. And I eat a frozen lean cuisine cause all that food is bad for you!

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:45 PM
*wanders off to look for the paramus park mall* Can't be that far...

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Head towards Ridgewood if you find it!

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Hey now..I think we're getting a little Off Topic in this Off Topic Topic.

With that said, head towards NJ! You'll have a lot easier time finding her.

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 07:47 PM
Well, I've been to Paramus before... Never Ridgewood before... Where the hell's ridgewood?

*prods Neff* I'm in Jersey... *points to the "Jersey girl" in her location*

Edited cause I'm slow...

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Myrianna]

Edaarin
11-11-2003, 07:59 PM
Heh. You should all do what I'm doing next year and live in an apartment with a few girls. I'm stoked, because my friend basically bribed me into it by promising that they'd be cooking 4 nights a week (that and the rent came out to $280 a month, including utilities and DSL...and it's a lot nicer than the one I'm staying in which is ~$360 a month with utilities).

The day I move in is the day I throw away my Shin noodle cups and Easy Mac. Right now, for dinner we try to get the girls that live above us to make dinner if we foot the grocery bill, but most of the time we order out. I never thought I could get sick of pizza, but I am.

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 08:02 PM
Where in Jersey are ya from, Myrianna?

And I also live with two girls Edaarin. They just have penises...or penii if you prefer.

The one does nothing but watch reruns of My So Called Life and the other is just a woman in general.

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 08:03 PM
Union Beach... Keyport/Hazlet... whichever... Exit 117 Dammit...

Yes, let's all stalk the drunk Myri who just told everyone how to get within 5 minutes of her house... *gaze*

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 08:06 PM
Hehe. Exit 117?
Pssht.

68, REPRESENT.

Yeah that's right. I'm from Snootyville, NJ. What of it?

Caiylania
11-11-2003, 08:07 PM
You all can visit me!! Just hit the nearest International Airport... buy a ticket to Italy... and if you get that far I will tell you where I live.

The first wine is coming out soon!

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 08:07 PM
Used to be down at 80... might move back there someday... kinda nice bein at the shore

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 08:10 PM
Eh..i've always been from around Princeton. I even escaped Maine to come back here. I don't think i'll leave anytime soon.

11-11-2003, 08:10 PM

yeesh.

Because that quarter really breaks the bank.

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 08:11 PM
He was a Mainer! And we all know what they do in Maine....

Anyway, I'm near Ridgewood, in bergen county. Think um... Waldick, Wycoff, Upper Saddle River...

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 08:12 PM
Maine's pretty... just really damn cold...

Edited to add: what ... pick blueberries?

Moist Happenings
11-11-2003, 08:14 PM
Ugh. I made fun of the Mainers. I was NOT a mainer. I was trapped there for nearly a year and a half though.

I did get a few laughs out of it though. I was just far enough north that they had the hardcore maine accent, but far enough south that they had the boston accent too. But with the Maine Slang. First week I went up there I got:

"Hey Chad. is that your cah pahk'd out in the doow yah'd theyah? It's wicked cold this time of year ain't it?"

"....huh?"

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Fuck you, Neff, and i mean that in the nicest possible way, but New England accents are sexy as hell!

JustMe
11-11-2003, 09:03 PM
Okay I'm late on this topic but I'm moving in with Leloo... damn I'm lucky if I get a 2 piece meal. It's usually just a sandwhich or salad in my house and I can't cook.

So On topic... My day really sucked... it started yesterday, it got worse today and it's getting a little better, thanks to a certian someone.

And yes, most colleges make you buy your own scantrons.

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 09:22 PM
*gives JustMe a big hug* bad days SUCK! (and thanks for going back on topic) *winks*

Snapp
11-11-2003, 09:32 PM
All this food talk has me STARVING being as I haven't eaten today. EVIL! To the top ramen cabinet I go!

And as for the bad day, that was yesterday, I feel your pain Myrianna!

11-11-2003, 09:36 PM
I had egg rolls for dinner...if anyone cares since we are talking about food

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 09:37 PM
*hugs Snapp* bad days suck, sorry the hug is late!

Skirmisher
11-11-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Myrianna
Used to be down at 80... might move back there someday... kinda nice bein at the shore
Hmm, real close to my sis then. She is down off 67. I'm actually not all that far from Leloo. Same exit from the gsp in fact.

Set an extra plate!

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 09:46 PM
I'll make a big Thanksgiving dinner for everyone!

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 09:46 PM
We should all go there, skirmisher, me, neff...

GSLeloo
11-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Can you deal with dogs though? As you can see from my signature, I have a big doggie.. big and hyper and jumpy!

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Shit, i'm tiny, big dogs no good... *sigh* i'll just come and grab a plate and run!

Skirmisher
11-11-2003, 10:02 PM
I love dogs so not a prob.

For a good meal I'll risk much though anyway. :)

Heck, for my birthday just recently my sis took me to Ruth's Chris Steak house. ::drool:: Now thems good eating. My family knows what I love!

Mushrooms filled with crab meat, baked potato, green beans almondine, rib eye medium rare followed with creme brulee. Damn, getting hungry just remembering it....

[Edited on 11-12-2003 by Skirmisher]

Sweets
11-11-2003, 10:30 PM
Bad day...well....

First thing this morning Medisys calls me up to drill me about being taken off work one month early of my maternity leave date. They handle short term disability at my work place. After a lovely grilling I am informed my claim is denied due to lack of medical circumstances. My doctor left out the fact I now have carpel tunnel in both hands due to swelling, gestational diabetes, and my pelvic thingies are going all to hell. Great. No money for a month until I can claim maternity leave with Employment Insurance which takes a month to process....so two months without my income. Grand.

Next my dad calls up. Mom's head stone has arrived and was placed at the grave. Then he proceeded to have another break down. He has been having at least two a day for 5 months now. I feel awful that my dad misses my Mom so much but the weight of his grief is getting heavy. I don't think I can take another sobbing phone call saying his life is now worthless, he can't sleep, I should talk to him more because he's lonely and my birthday was really tough on him because he missed mom so much. My birthday was a week ago.

So that on top of being 35 weeks pregnant and falling all to hell physically, and having to have another ultrasound to make sure that strange sound accompanying my baby's heart beat is really nothing to worry about,

I am having a bad day.

I really wish I could drink. Heavily.

Myrianna
11-11-2003, 10:32 PM
*gives Sweets a big hug* ok, you win...

11-11-2003, 10:41 PM
Man that sucks.

DarknessWithin
11-12-2003, 02:36 AM
Wow...and I thought I had a bad day cause my notetaker/assistant didn't show up today for my classes. (My muscular dystrophy left me with not enough arm strength to write fast enough, but ehh...chicks dig the chair!) Plus my back is killin me due to a crappy seating system which i have to go back AGAIN to get fixed because they screwed it up and oh...I HATE CALC!! ::flails and burns his calculus book:: Ok...i'm done venting ;)

and FYI I have to pay for scantrons too. California colleges don't give us crap. $1.75 for a package of 6 scantrons. They only cost like a nickel to make!!! Eesh!

Caiylania
11-12-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Sweets
Bad day...well....

First thing this morning Medisys calls me up to drill me about being taken off work one month early of my maternity leave date. They handle short term disability at my work place. After a lovely grilling I am informed my claim is denied due to lack of medical circumstances. My doctor left out the fact I now have carpel tunnel in both hands due to swelling, gestational diabetes, and my pelvic thingies are going all to hell. Great. No money for a month until I can claim maternity leave with Employment Insurance which takes a month to process....so two months without my income. Grand.

Next my dad calls up. Mom's head stone has arrived and was placed at the grave. Then he proceeded to have another break down. He has been having at least two a day for 5 months now. I feel awful that my dad misses my Mom so much but the weight of his grief is getting heavy. I don't think I can take another sobbing phone call saying his life is now worthless, he can't sleep, I should talk to him more because he's lonely and my birthday was really tough on him because he missed mom so much. My birthday was a week ago.

So that on top of being 35 weeks pregnant and falling all to hell physically, and having to have another ultrasound to make sure that strange sound accompanying my baby's heart beat is really nothing to worry about,

I am having a bad day.

I really wish I could drink. Heavily.

Tell your father he should talk to a proffesional, but hey RangerD1 and I already got into that discussion ;)

I really hope you feel better. Are you having a boy or girl? Do you know? Can you get an appeal on that decision on the basis your doctor left out information?

Sweets
11-12-2003, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone for the hugs.

New day and feeling a bit more upbeat. Dad and I are going to have that talk today about seeing someone professionally and I get the results of the ultrasound. *crosses fingers* I can appeal the decision from Medisys but it takes two weeks to process. My maternity leave starts then. Isn't paperwork grand?

As for the boy/girl? Naw...we decided it would be more fun to be surprised, but I have a strong feeling it's a boy.