PDA

View Full Version : Gambling pays!

Tsa`ah
01-04-2004, 05:19 AM
It wouldn't be me if I didn't give any background.

Norm is a guy I work with. He graduated from the U of I ... a long time ago. He played football on scholarship and his freshman year he played along side Dick Butkus. He was drafted to Houston in the 10th round of the draft in 67 I believe.

Norm played a few season professionally and has stories of going head to head with players like Mean Joe Green.

I used to work as a trainer for the U of I football camp for a couple of seasons and Dick Butkus was the guy that handed me an XFL card and told me to either try out, or apply for a job as a trainer. That is how I met Norm, and that eventually led to the job I hold now.

Of all things, Norm is a die-hard fan of anything Chicago and U of I.

There isn't an ISU vs. U of I game than Norm hasn't tried to get me to wager on. I'm a realist, I played for ISU, and I know winning against a school like the U of I isn't something they do.

Yesterday Norm upped the ante. He gave me 15 points for a bet of 50 bucks.

Never give a Red Bird points.

ISU: 73
U of I: 80 In OT!
Tsa`ah: 50 bucks richer.. and I slept through the game.

Long story for 50 bucks I know, but I'm giddy.

HarmNone
01-04-2004, 05:22 AM
Heh. Do not let him kid you! This was not gambling. This was a sure thing! He just will not admit he took the poor guy for 50 bucks! :D

HarmNone

Soulpieced
01-04-2004, 12:28 PM
Do you live in Illinois Tsa'ah?

Tsa`ah
01-05-2004, 07:34 AM
Like I said in IMs Harm ... I'll take an old woman's denture's if she's giving me 15 points.

That would be a yes Soulpie ... I live right off the U of I campus.

And no ... I don't know any football legends on a personal basis.

Soulpieced
01-05-2004, 09:45 AM
Excellent, I have a number of friends that go there.

Jenisi
01-07-2004, 01:10 PM
I love me some gambling! Poker nights are the Best! My grandpa is up 4400 from betting on football games so far this year. I've only bet on a few football games.. That is too risky for my blood and I don't have much control over it.