PDA

View Full Version : Change to WoW TOU: for non US players :(

Nieninque
01-10-2007, 06:17 AM
It is important for everyone to read the Terms of Use upon every new patch! Everyone, please be aware of a new change in the Terms of Use: The ToU now specifies that you are not allowed to access the service outside of the legal borders of the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=62153827&sid=1&pageNo=1

Skirmisher
01-10-2007, 08:58 AM
So Nien, hear anything else?

I read that thread but there seemed to be no official response to inquiries.

I sure hope that Miss X, yourself and any others of our friends from the UK and abroad in general are not suddenly cut off.

That would suck to a huge degree.

I have to assume this decision was made to try to limit the gold farming by chineese gold factories but all it is in an assumption. If you have any other info please do share.

Alfster
01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
My assumption is that they'll use this new rule for getting rid of people suspected of gold selling. This way, they wont need any actual proof of gold selling, because technically...they broke the TOS.

Nieninque
01-10-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah thats kinda what I'm thinking, but it leaves things a little uncomfotable for a lot of people...not really knowing whether you are getting banned or not.

Someone from Dunemaul was banned when he went to visit family in Korea, logged on while there and was banned.

No response from blue yet, but I imagine they are still eating their corn flakes just yet.

Alfster
01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
It's odd that they'd wait until now to implement this though

CrystalTears
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
It's probably because of the expansion coming out next week. Cleaning house maybe?

Methais
01-10-2007, 10:06 AM
It's odd that they'd wait until now to implement this though

With flying mounts costing 5000g and the 8 billion new ways to make tons of gold in Outland, I'd say the timing makes at least some sense.

Sean of the Thread
01-10-2007, 11:46 AM
I also read in the EULA that you're not aloud to log in from cyber cafes or computers made to share accounts or some shit?

Would appear to be pwning the U BUY GOLD crowd.

Marl
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
I also read in the EULA that you're not aloud to log in from cyber cafes or computers made to share accounts or some shit?

Would appear to be pwning the U BUY GOLD crowd.

You know who this is gonna screw over?
The college roomates/floormates who all have the same ip address.

The Ponzzz
01-10-2007, 12:11 PM
Seems like a horrible marketing move just to stop gold trafficing

Sean of the Thread
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm also thinking it has something to do with lawsuits. There was a lengthy change in the EULA about arbitration and by agreeing YOU GIVE UP ALL AND ANY RIGHTS TO A TRIAL ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT TO FUCK WITH US OVER.

Or something to that sort.

Miss X
01-10-2007, 12:53 PM
WTF. If I can't play on a US server then I won't bother at all.

Skirmisher
01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Well don't make that call just yet, lets see how it pans out.

I'm not quite sure why it's alright for Canada and Australia to play on US servers but not UK so give them a day or so to hopefully figure out that really they have no need to cut off EU players from US servers.

It's no secret where the vast majority of the gold farming stems from and last i heard it wasn't Ipswich.

Nieninque
01-13-2007, 07:05 AM
Terms of use was updated yesterday and that section appears to have been removed.

I would call that a clear victory.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html

Parkbandit
01-13-2007, 07:48 AM
I would call it a clear defeat.

Welcome back to Dunemaul Saia :(

:P

Nieninque
01-13-2007, 10:13 AM
You make me sad.

I did get a 6 day ban on one of my forum accounts and a perma ban on the other, so that should cheer you up. :P

Skirmisher
01-13-2007, 10:36 AM
Terms of use was updated yesterday and that section appears to have been removed.

I would call that a clear victory.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html

YAYAYAYAYAY :)

Stanley Burrell
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I'm also thinking it has something to do with lawsuits. There was a lengthy change in the EULA about arbitration and by agreeing YOU GIVE UP ALL AND ANY RIGHTS TO A TRIAL ABOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT TO FUCK WITH US OVER.

Or something to that sort.

Wouldn't that work in Blizzard's favor (and favour?)

Parkbandit
01-13-2007, 12:14 PM
You make me sad.

I did get a 6 day ban on one of my forum accounts and a perma ban on the other, so that should cheer you up. :P

1) What did you do for the perma ban? Buy gold?
2) Which account got bannificated?
3) I still love you.

Sean of the Thread
01-13-2007, 12:23 PM
She said banned on the Forums... it's not a stretch to imagine why if you really think about it....

Nieninque
01-13-2007, 01:05 PM
LOL

I got banned because I kept posting the lins to tha thread at the top.

They kept deleting them so I put a link in my sig which they obviously didnt like and that is what they banned my account with Auwyn for.

It is only from the forums though.

Sean of the Thread
01-13-2007, 01:37 PM
LOL

I got banned because I kept posting the lins to tha thread at the top.

They kept deleting them so I put a link in my sig which they obviously didnt like and that is what they banned my account with Auwyn for.

It is only from the forums though.

How ironic that you got banned for a sig violation.

Nieninque
01-13-2007, 02:22 PM
How ironic that you got banned for a sig violation.

Ironic in that you keep getting pulled up for sig violations here when you try and insult me?

I think that would irony at a stretch.

Sean of the Thread
01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
Ironic in that you keep getting pulled up for sig violations here when you try and insult me?

I think that would irony at a stretch.

I don't keep getting pulled up for sig violations. .. .. I got an infraction because your sorry ass was offended by being called a "CUNT" whilst you happily found it just fine to call CT one without reprimand. Of course there is no bias here.

Hypocrite much?

Anyways enjoy your WoW forum ban. It's a much happier place without your stupid ass.

Nieninque
01-13-2007, 03:50 PM
I don't keep getting pulled up for sig violations. .. .. I got an infraction because your sorry ass was offended by being called a "CUNT" whilst you happily found it just fine to call CT one without reprimand. Of course there is no bias here.

Hypocrite much?

Not a hypocrite at all.

I have said it once before and I will say it again.

I DID NOT REPORT IT!

I saw it, I laughed at it. I laughed some more when I saw it had been removed and I knew what was likely to have happened for it to have been removed.

Just because it was pulled, dont look this way as to why.

QQ

Sean of the Thread
01-13-2007, 04:00 PM
More proof of the bias around here... not that we needed it. Since the claim they only moderate insults when reported.

You and are gonna have mean rough and ugly sex someday so just accept it. <3 You can be the ugly and mean I'll be the rough.

Nieninque
01-13-2007, 04:36 PM
More proof of the bias around here... not that we needed it. Since the claim they only moderate insults when reported.

That just shows your level of reading comprehenshion.
They claim that when someone reports something, it is always investigated.
They point out that sometimes they catch stuff themselves.

You and are gonna have mean rough and ugly sex someday so just accept it. <3 You can be the ugly and mean I'll be the rough.

And that shows your levels of delusion.