PDA

View Full Version : Service for Paying customers

Moist Happenings
11-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Okay, now I understand that simu's staff is stressed and their workload is high. However, I sent a mail to customer service the other day and I got a message saying "Average response time is 7 days". Well 14 days later I still have no response. I think 7 days is an outrageous time for a paying customer to speak with someone about a problem they're having with the service they are paying for in the first place. Would you take that from your cable company? "Our cable is out". "Yeah sure, we'll get back to you in a week.". I think not. Am I the only one here that thinks this is BS?

Moist Happenings
11-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Well my problem isn't that important that I NEED a response immediately. However, I want to wait it out to see how long it will take them to respond to me just as it is. With previous problems i've called them up when I got no response through the email after a week or so. I want to see how long it actually takes to get things done this way.

Latrinsorm
11-10-2003, 04:21 PM
It's a prisoners' dilemma. I learned this in Economics, so if my professor is reading, be proud!

(if i get it right) The situation is like this. If we all sent in only one email, they'd have to treat us in a reasonable manner or there would be trouble. I envision fire and ice. But, there's an incentive to spam them, like if you have a soda machine that doesn't give you soda, what do you do? Push that button again! Now, because they now figure that the only people who care are sending multiple messages, EVERYONE has to send multiple messages or risk being ignored.

I'd draw a payoff matrix if I had ANY idea how to, but I don't think ASCII art will help here. Basically, we'd all be better off if we all only sent in one email/communication because it's less work. However, to ensure our service, we have to send in multiple emails, which is more work for the same end result.

I believe your analogy may be a bit flawed, however. I think it'd be better if you were to, say, ask a crack cocaine dealer for information and not get it for a week, even though you have been buying his product for years.