PDA

View Full Version : 705 not affected by Necro lore?

CaptContagious
01-07-2007, 01:27 AM
I was under the impression that necro lore rasied the DF for 705 but someone said that this was not true?

any info?

Numbers
01-07-2007, 01:30 AM
705 · Disintegrate [DISINTEGRATE]
Duration: Immediate

Type: Attack

When the target fails its warding this spell causes the target's flesh to literally melt away, causing some very serious wounds on higher rolls. The spell also works on beings who have no flesh to disintegrate, melting away their ethereal form.

Using the CHANNEL command instead of CAST for Disintegrate increases damage done. This bonus is modified by stance (open hands are not required).

Numbers
01-07-2007, 01:30 AM
As per the official spell description, no lore involved in the spell at all.

Necromancer
01-07-2007, 10:28 AM
At one point in time First Aid was believed to influence this spell. If I recall correctly it was determined later that it had no effect at all.

Sorcery Lores don't affect any sorcery direct damage spells. It seems it was an intentional design. (one I agree with)

Necromancer
01-07-2007, 10:30 AM
I should add that the first aid rumor was in GSIII. GSIV's 705 most certainly is not affected by any skills. It IS affected by undead status, nocorporeal status, bind, stun, and being on the ground versus standing up, however. It's the kind of spell you toss out at a creature that is on the ground and stunned to decimate them. It's not a great starter spell.