PDA

View Full Version : LTB: Quality Enhancing Skinning Knife

Drunken Durfin
01-02-2007, 12:00 AM
I am in the market for one of the skinning knives that enhance skin quality, not chance to skin...if they still exist.

E-mail me at durfin@play.net or send me an IM.

Drunken Durfin
AIM: DrunkenDurfin

Terasian historical Society
http://www.Kharam-Dzu.com

===

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."

Gan
01-02-2007, 12:10 AM
I've heard they existed at one merchant release. But never could get a fix on a description of said enhancing knives.

I do remember buying one of the first knives listed as a skinning knife, but never could determine an increase in skin sale value. That was like in early 2000.

Anyone having a description/stats of said enhancing skinning knives, it would be helpful to share with that knowledge.

Speaker
01-02-2007, 11:16 AM
The "gleaming steel hunting knives" from one of the grand auctions (forget which) enhance both your chance to skin and the skin quality.

Not sure what the deal is with the drakar skinning knives or the jerky knives that were auctioned, but they do one or the other (I think).

Gan
01-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Someone was using a jerky knife in OTF a while back. I kept seeing Griffin Jerky lying on the ground...

Drunken Durfin
01-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Not sure what the deal is with the drakar skinning knives or the jerky knives that were auctioned, but they do one or the other (I think).

I looked into buying one of the drakar ones about a year ago. The owner told me that it only helped with skinning chance, not with quality. With 174 combined ranks in first aid and survival, I can skin pretty much anything I hunt, I just want to try and maximize the payoff.

g++
01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Yah I think its Lohre he rapes the griffin keen late at night too, i assume for cash, jerky bits everywhere

Apocalypse
01-02-2007, 08:17 PM
Yah I think its Lohre he rapes the griffin keen late at night too, i assume for cash, jerky bits everywhere

It is my jerky cleaver (also a 4x heavily crit weighted handaxe).

I've never done extensive testing with it vs. my regular knife. My best guess is that it added about 10-15% to the value. I have 303 ranks in skinning skills, and skinned with about 99.9999% success before the cleaver, so I have no basis to test skinning success.

-Lohre