PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me..?

Jolena
11-09-2003, 01:42 AM
Is it just me or does this seem a bit extreme.. I'll post the log and then open it up for comments but honestly..I had NO intention as coming off in a bad way.. I'm lost as to why Saige reacted this way.

(This is regarding the Jants invasion going on tonight near the Landing)

You hear the subdued thoughts of You echo in your mind:
"If you are a youngin, it would be best of you to stay inside or help out in the towers. "

You hear the subdued thoughts of Saige touch your mind:
"Youngins are just like you....don't think you any higher"

You focus your mind on Saige and think:
"I am not by any means saying I am not.. why do you think I am here passing off information instead? By youngin I mean anyone under say.. 45 or so."

"and I resent you implying that I think I am any higher..I am simply offering advice.

"but youngins should not have to stay inside or in the towers"

"and trying to keep the body count as low as possible for those not aware of the dangers out there. It helps noone if there are 100+ bodies of folks lined up for empaths and clerics to heal and raise when they can't do much to help in an actual battle."

"I would think that would be more of a hinderance then a help myself. Unless they are helping out in Voln or somewhere dragging and such. There are a lot of things youngins can do to help but fighting upfront when they have no chance of making it is not helpign in my opinion."

"they can do as they please you are not there owner"

"first of all.. stop talking so rudely to me. I am not now nor have I ever been rude to you or anyone else. I am NOT trying to order anyoen around nor am I implying I am their owner. I simply offered advice. If YOU in particular don't like it.. fine. But don't think such rude things to me anymore. Period."
Roundtime 5 seconds.

"excuse me but that sounded like an order (DON"T think such rude things to me anymore.) i'm sorry if i offended you "

"and please do not be any less then kind to me"

"yes it was an order to you. do NOT think so rudely to me anymore. I have no reason but to defend myself since you are implying I am being bossy. Thank you VERY much. Again, if you don't like my advice, fine. Stop thinking to me."
Roundtime 5 seconds.

"okay take your advice and use it.."
>
"Oh I plan to. I will not respond to any more of your thoughts. "

Now.. what in the HELL did I do wrong?! I'm confused on that..there was no intent to try to upset anyone.. but I dunno..

SpunGirl
11-09-2003, 02:06 AM
People have been getting irritated about the high level of invasion critters for a long time. I think that's what this guy's frustration was about, not about what you were saying.

It just got taken out on you. You didn't do anything out of line.

-K

HarmNone
11-09-2003, 07:42 AM
You did nothing wrong. Saige was just ultra-sensitive, from the look of it. The player may have been upset that his/her character could not do more in the invasion and taking it out on you, or...the player could be just an all-round, everyday asshole. :D

HarmNone has seen both

Jolena
11-09-2003, 01:06 PM
Ooo DAINA! YAY! *beams* I love that! Can I use it as an avatar?! And if so..how? *ducks* hehe

Caiylania
11-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Oohhhh Jolena, you so big!

Ladyteeoncy
11-09-2003, 10:30 PM
I dont think you did anything wrong... But... I see why a young one would not like to be told to stay back... I remember when teeoncy was little... Invasions were like boring to her... I mean think about it... If they are old critters she would die... If they were young... old people would go out and kill the critters in one swing so she couldnt even try and participate in the invasion..

Half the fun was going into the big invasions and seeing how long she could live... and when you start learning to play You are curious and such... and having people die... aww no big deal...the healers and clerics LOVE it! so they arnt really hurting anyone but themselves... half the fun in invasions is saving people and having the confusion and excitment! and as long as you have deeds...who cares if you die! and little ones dying gives other little ones somthing to do (by going and dragging them back).

I do think that...that guy was very sensitive and probably just taking his frusteration out on you. Just ignore um... People like that take things wayyy to the extream!

Weedmage Princess
11-10-2003, 12:14 AM
People suck, Jolena, that's what it boils down to. From what you posted, that Saige person decided to be an ass about the whole thing...I think the way you worded your comments clearly show your intentions. You're just looking out for people...saying in so many words "These things are OLD. If you're fairly young and find yourself near one of these things, you're going to DIE." Like Daina said, it seems this guy just wanted to pick a fight.

SpunGirl
11-10-2003, 12:30 AM
If people want to address the age gap in invasions, they should take it to the GM, not the invasion-announcers of Elanthia.

I'm sure that's what his issue was, but he was stupid to yell at her for it.

-K