PDA

View Full Version : a dirt-smudged waif

Tolwynn
12-22-2006, 04:20 AM
Heard about this earlier this evening:

A dirt-smudged waif enters the area, glancing about surreptitiously.

She slowly approaches you and, from the corner of her mouth, starts whispering, "Me mistress bid me to ask tha'll hear, if ye've an itchin' fer business fer what's magic 'n queer. Then find ye tha' bay what be in a freeport an 'haven, an' walk ye a way what be crook'd an bendi'. Enter'n ye tha' what's kraken an' krawlin', an' find ye an 'alf-orc what's through a red curt'n. Tell 'im tha answer what out ye be puzzlin', and in ye gets fer a nice bit o' spendin'."

She pauses, looking at you for a moment before continuing, "After a ship, on me a cap'n be standin'. Wif me ye mean business in yer glancin'. If I be yer d'meanor, ye be strict an' exactin'." With a meaningful look, she wanders off.

The first part leads to Solhaven, The Crooked Way, the Inn of the Krawling Kraken, and the rentable alcoves inside the inn.

Not sure what the second part refers to exactly, but while poking around inside the inn, I found a brawling rotunda and two arenas. Have those always been there, or are they a more recent addition?

vontez
12-22-2006, 09:18 AM
whoa, arenas for what?

grenthor
12-22-2006, 09:56 PM
Sounds to me like a merchant came, setup shop inside a rented alcove and the clues were the password so you could get in and see what was for sale.

AestheticDeath
12-22-2006, 09:59 PM
merchant still around?