PDA

View Full Version : Roller Blades

Sean of the Thread
12-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Any pro skaterz here? I'm getting my wife a pair for Christmas and after looking at a bazillion different pairs/types and prices I can't tell the fucking difference.

Looking for any personal reviews or advice.

Asha
12-18-2006, 05:18 PM
When I was frequenting the local skate park the shitface bladers were using Bauer inlines.
That's all I know on blades.
Board ftw.

TheEschaton
12-18-2006, 05:28 PM
You wanna know why your boss is 5 years younger than you and only like, 20? You still go to skate parks and skateboard, activities I haven't done since I was 13.

-TheE-

Asha
12-18-2006, 05:32 PM
When I frequented, dude.. when.
Then I discovered bars.

Numbers
12-18-2006, 06:09 PM
This probably won't be much help, but I was a skater punk in junior high. Back then the best brand was the Rollerblade brand. They had just come out with the ABS back then, though I don't know how successful it ended up being, as I stopped skating when I started high school. In any case, you probably can't go wrong with that brand.

Asha
12-18-2006, 06:17 PM
If she's not in some big clique who give a shit about makes of blades then you're pretty much safe with anything that costs over 50 bucks and comes with a free leash for the dogs.
Sorted.

Marl
12-19-2006, 12:11 PM
If she's not in some big clique who give a shit about makes of blades then you're pretty much safe with anything that costs over 50 bucks and comes with a free leash for the dogs.
Sorted.

I agree with this, unless she is going to be railsliding or doing insane jumps/ramp riding, just about any pair thats around 100-150 dollar range will work and last you a good while. The only thing you may want to do is upgrade the wheels + bearings for a smoother/faster ride. Back when I did it 6+ yrs ago Roces and K2 where the best around for aggresive inlines.

Skeeter
12-19-2006, 12:19 PM
If she's anything like my wife she'll use them about 6x put them in a closet and never see them again. So just buy her anything.

Goretawn
12-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Buy a bike. Less stress on the knees and ankles.