PDA

View Full Version : BC Beta

Numbers
12-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Is Blizzard handing out beta keys to all players?

My accounts been canceled for nearly a year, and I was sent a key. I checked eBay, and there's 17 for sale, but only a few are getting respectable bids.

What's the deal?

Artha
12-16-2006, 03:40 PM
They're just sending out a lot of them, but I don't think to everybody. Some people have gotten multiple keys, and there've been a few contests to get them too.

Skeeter
12-16-2006, 06:41 PM
I figured it was a scam and deleted mine.

Methais
12-17-2006, 02:01 AM
Is Blizzard handing out beta keys to all players?

My accounts been canceled for nearly a year, and I was sent a key. I checked eBay, and there's 17 for sale, but only a few are getting respectable bids.

What's the deal?

I think they just pick the people at random.

I got $200 for mine on ebay last month.

Numbers
12-17-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm not gonna bother eBaying it, and since I'm such a nice guy, the first person who asks for it gets it.

Sean of the Thread
12-17-2006, 10:31 PM
Me plz.

Artha
12-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Downloading the TBC client sucked. gg 1.95 GB download.

Shari
12-18-2006, 12:59 AM
What is this "key" and how did you get it? Over email or something?

Oh, and why the fuck can't I change my camera zoom using my scroll touchpad thing on my laptop anymore? Like if I want the angle of my camera to zoom waaaay in or waaaay out, how the fuck do I go about doing it now?

Artha
12-18-2006, 01:10 AM
What is this "key" and how did you get it? Over email or something?

You need to upgrade your account (doesn't cost anything) to access the beta. You use the key to do this, which they send to the email registered to your account.

Tea & Strumpets
12-18-2006, 08:54 AM
Oh, and why the fuck can't I change my camera zoom using my scroll touchpad thing on my laptop anymore? Like if I want the angle of my camera to zoom waaaay in or waaaay out, how the fuck do I go about doing it now?

Hit Escape, then go to Interface Options. It may be under Advanced Options (top left), but there's something there where you can allow the zoom to move further away from your character.