PDA

View Full Version : Dumb question

AestheticDeath
12-15-2006, 11:12 PM
How long do you have to wait now before you can raise again?

And whats the spell Brimstone?

GuildRat
12-15-2006, 11:14 PM
until you get "the feeling of weakness leaves you" message.

TheEschaton
12-15-2006, 11:27 PM
Brimstone is a level of Holy Receptacle, that a cleric can imbed in an orb gem with that spell. It acts like the sphere components that rogues can pull, when tossed, I believe.

-TheE-

AestheticDeath
12-15-2006, 11:29 PM
right - they should have a verb so you can check your raise status if you missed that, got it highighted again, hopefully i dont miss it in all the screenscroll

AestheticDeath
12-15-2006, 11:29 PM
ah so brimstone is an attack spell basically?

TheEschaton
12-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Yup, a maneuver based one, I think. Which is hilarious, since no cleric I know can really use it effectively? I've no idea, I've never made/used one, but I imagine it's based on CM or thrown weapons skill?

-TheE-

GuildRat
12-15-2006, 11:47 PM
it's based on thrown weapon skill if I remember correctly...you basically use a gem to "imbed" brimstone in it...et voila....hurl it at a critter and it has somewhat the same effect as immolation.

TheEschaton
12-16-2006, 02:53 AM
Made a Brimstone gem and used it with my only real hurler, just to show. It has immolation effects. Quality of the gem determines the crit, and the Summoning Ranks of the cleric who made it to determine the success.

It has immolation effects. Pretty cool. Dunno what affects how many targets it hits. Hit both targets in the room.

52 rogue fully doubled in thrown (108 ranks) vs an animated slush, around like level, and a glacial morph which is, what, 55ish?

>get diam
You remove an uncut diamond from in your diamond-clasped gloves.
>toss diam
An animated slush glows brightly on the inside as tiny sparkles of light coalesce into a ball before brilliantly exploding outward towards you!
An animated slush hurls a stream of water at you!
AS: +291 vs DS: +293 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +12 = +33
A clean miss.
>
You toss your uncut diamond onto the ground and it bounces a few feet before skidding to a stop. A tri-banded ribbon of crackling, amber energy discharges from the diamond and races along the ground toward an animated slush ...
An animated slush is struck by an amber energy ribbon!
... 70 points of damage!
Wisps of black smoke swirl around an animated slush and it bursts into flame!

The flame surrounding an animated slush quickly die down.

The amber energy ribbon arcs outward from the slush and streaks toward a glacial morph.
A glacial morph is struck by an amber energy ribbon!
... 65 points of damage!
Right leg aflame. When the smoke clears, there's nothing left.
A glacial morph topples over, its ice chunks banging against one another.
Wisps of black smoke swirl around a glacial morph and it bursts into flame!
With the energy expended from its confines, the uncut diamond crumbles away to a fine golden powder.
>stance defensive
You are now in a defensive stance.
>
An animated slush flings an icy appendage at you!
You evade the attack by a hair!

>stance offensive
You are now in an offensive stance.
>hide
l
Roundtime: 2 sec.
You attempt to blend with the surroundings and feel confident that no one has noticed your doing so.
>[Gossamer Valley, Glacier]
You notice an animated slush and a glacial morph (prone).
Obvious paths: north, east, southwest
>
The flames surrounding a glacial morph flare up violently...
... 45 points of damage!

The flames around a glacial morph continue to burn!

A glacial morph rolls around on the ground, trying to smother the flames that surround it.
The flames surrounding a glacial morph quickly die down.

AestheticDeath
12-16-2006, 11:21 AM
sweet