PDA

View Full Version : Over 250 sick after eating at Indiana Olive Garden

zhelas
12-15-2006, 03:39 PM
http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=healthNews&storyid=2006-12-15T200416Z_01_N15389156_RTRUKOC_0_US-OLIVEGARDEN-ILLNESS.xml&src=rss&rpc=22

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - More than 250 people have reported becoming sick after eating at an Olive Garden restaurant in Indianapolis, Indiana, a county health official said on Friday, a day after an outbreak of E.coli at Taco Bell restaurants was declared over.

The news makes Olive Garden at least the third U.S. restaurant chain this month to be linked to widespread customer illnesses.

Some customers who ate at the Olive Garden restaurant in northeast Indianapolis between December 9 and December 13 have reported nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and in some cases fever, said John Althardt, a spokesman for the Marion County Health Department.

Tests of the sick peoples' stool and leftovers they took home from the restaurant will be conducted later today or Monday, Althardt said. He added that the tests would take about 48 hours.

A spokesman for Olive Garden parent Darden Restaurants Inc. was not immediately available for comment.

Skeeter
12-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Tests of the sick peoples' stool will be conducted later today or Monday, Althardt said. He added that the tests would take about 48 hours.

I thought my job sucked at times.

ElanthianSiren
12-15-2006, 04:03 PM
Olive Garden sucks (except their breadsticks and salad). There goes revenue.

-M

Latrinsorm
12-15-2006, 04:32 PM
NO WONDER PEYTON CAN'T WIN!!!!11

Yeah, that's the ticket.

Jolena
12-15-2006, 04:39 PM
:whine: My mom and I just had lunch at Olive Garden today. Breadsticks and salad (plus she had soup). I wish I hadn't read this thread. :(

Dwarven Empath
12-15-2006, 05:14 PM
One of many reasons why I don't go out to eat dinner.

Then biggest reason why I don't go out to eat is because I worked in a restaurant for 4 summers while in high school. No such thing as a five second rule. Just pick it up and dust it off.

I'm surprised more folks don't get ill.

Besides...my cooking is damn good!

Medi...

Tsa`ah
12-16-2006, 05:03 PM
Anticor has been moonlighting as an Italian cook again.

Gan
12-16-2006, 05:16 PM
Its been over 5 years since I've been to an OG. Agreed their breadsticks and salad were tasty, its just everything else tasted of freezer. :(

Now I can direct you to two or three authentic italian 'hole-in-the-wall' resturants that are finger licking good... In fact, we ate at one night before last.