PDA

View Full Version : Khaladon on FWI Hunting

Fallen
12-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Yah, until something is ready to release, I don't plan to make any annoucement.

The areas themselves outside and around the Isle will likely come first, and then areas as they are populated with the locals...

We expect one of them for sure, maybe two next year.

~K

All your cookies are belong to us.

TheEschaton
12-12-2006, 06:47 PM
I thought this was going to be about Khaladon hunting PCs on FWI.

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
12-12-2006, 07:13 PM
And the rich get richer.

FIGHT THE BOURGEOIS...IFWERS!!! BOURGEOIFWERS!

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 07:27 PM
Why are they putting hunting areas on FWI?

TheEschaton
12-12-2006, 07:31 PM
So we don't have to mix with you common folks.

-TheE-

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 07:56 PM
Seems like towns are sparse enough as it is, why add another fucking place to disappear to? I think they need to blow up a few cities, bring it back down to size.

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Or... make FWI like a focal point of a spoked wheel, and allow FWI amunet to hear and send to every city.. That way we can buy/sell easier.. :)

Jolena
12-12-2006, 09:08 PM
There is expansions in place for Ta'Vaalor already, and they just did the Teras expansion for hunting as well. I'd say that there are expansions being made already AestheticDeath. Don't forget the Bowels were also recently done as well.

As to the areas in FWI, I expect that at least one of them will make it in the next 6 months.

Alfster
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
Why does a game that has a seemingly declining population continually expand?

Jolena
12-12-2006, 09:15 PM
The players ask for it?

Alfster
12-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Why?

Jolena
12-12-2006, 09:27 PM
I would imagine it is because those of us who still play enjoy the new areas to explore and the challenges they represent, as well as the conveniences they give to us. Why else?

Alfster
12-12-2006, 09:29 PM
Dunno, seems odd to want to spread out the population farther than it already is

Jolena
12-12-2006, 09:34 PM
Well. In the case of Teras, people asked for that one because so many players had their characters in Teras for years and years, and were forced to move to another city due to limited hunting grounds. Now, those higher level characters have a reason to stay there, and it brings the population together, rather than spreading it out in that city.

With the bowels, same thing. Many people had to go to either the Rift, or Elven Nations to hunt past level 60'sh, and now they have a means to stay in the Landing area. This, again, brings the populations closer, not farther apart.

As to the Four Winds Isle expansion, honestly that is designed to give folks more of a reason to utilize Four Winds, rather than it being a virtual ghost town with the exception of merchants or the occasional 10-15 you might find there randomly to exchange items, meet others for picking/spells, whathaveyou. Again, that will strengthen the community in Four Winds, rather than scattering it about like it does now.

Anytime you give a city more areas to explore and more reasons to stay there, some other city is going to lose out on potential population. But, without there just being 1 city to use for everything, that's kind of unavoidable, don't you think? I look at it as a step in the right direction personally. Many roleplaying groups are formed around common city backgrounds/residence, and when those people are forced to separate from each other for hunting purposes, the RP/friendships suffer. This allows more opportunity to continue to be around the people you like to RP with, have friendships with, or whatever, rather than making you all split up due to level differences.

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 09:40 PM
There is expansions in place for Ta'Vaalor already, and they just did the Teras expansion for hunting as well. I'd say that there are expansions being made already AestheticDeath. Don't forget the Bowels were also recently done as well.

As to the areas in FWI, I expect that at least one of them will make it in the next 6 months.

Exactly... look at all the new areas - that we dont need. Its spreading everything too thin. I am not asking for more areas, or quicker or anything, which is what your reply seems to say.

I don't know who is asking for more cities or expansions but its crazy..

More hunting grounds I can almost understand. But there has to be a better way then adding so many new places. We have a cap in place, and I dont see it being moved up anytime soon. If we didnt have the cap it would be more beneficial to have more hunting areas.

I say get rid of Zul Logoth - get rid of the damnable cart ride - ladders - rope bridges and all that crap.

Get rid of Rivers Rest, and Sol Haven, Ta'Vaalor and any town that sees no real use.

I want the old populated landing back. As bad as it was, it made the game easier to play when you had more people around each other. Half the time you cant find a healer now, or a cleric to raise, or someone to spell you up. And its very hard to find buyers now. The amunet has gone up in flames.

If they keep expanding the game, they need to make the farther reaches more accessible. And make it easier to sell things. (Yeah I am kinda stuck on merchanting problems with the whole thing, but whatever.)

The player shops were a good step in that direction, but there are not enough of them. And there is not a good in game way of shopping in all of the shops. Playershops.com is the best way to use them right now, almost the only way.

It would be WAY to much trouble to 'physically' walk through every shop in even one town to try and find something. The shops are a novelty and seem to work well with the players addition of the website, but the amunet was the best way to sell things before the world expanded - too much.

Give us a way to sell world wide on the amunet!

Stunseed
12-12-2006, 10:02 PM
< Give us a way to sell world wide on the amunet! >

It's called plat, mmmk?

Sean of the Thread
12-12-2006, 10:07 PM
< Give us a way to sell world wide on the amunet! >

It's called plat, mmmk?

He said he wanted to sell goods world wide in prime... not sell to 15 people and their MA alts.

Stunseed
12-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Meh. It's the only way I know of that you'll be able to use a world-wide thought net.

Amaron
12-12-2006, 10:13 PM
Exactly... look at all the new areas - that we dont need. Its spreading everything too thin. I am not asking for more areas, or quicker or anything, which is what your reply seems to say.

I don't know who is asking for more cities or expansions but its crazy..

More hunting grounds I can almost understand. But there has to be a better way then adding so many new places. We have a cap in place, and I dont see it being moved up anytime soon. If we didnt have the cap it would be more beneficial to have more hunting areas.

I say get rid of Zul Logoth - get rid of the damnable cart ride - ladders - rope bridges and all that crap.

Get rid of Rivers Rest, and Sol Haven, Ta'Vaalor and any town that sees no real use.

I want the old populated landing back. As bad as it was, it made the game easier to play when you had more people around each other. Half the time you cant find a healer now, or a cleric to raise, or someone to spell you up. And its very hard to find buyers now. The amunet has gone up in flames.

If they keep expanding the game, they need to make the farther reaches more accessible. And make it easier to sell things. (Yeah I am kinda stuck on merchanting problems with the whole thing, but whatever.)

The player shops were a good step in that direction, but there are not enough of them. And there is not a good in game way of shopping in all of the shops. Playershops.com is the best way to use them right now, almost the only way.

It would be WAY to much trouble to 'physically' walk through every shop in even one town to try and find something. The shops are a novelty and seem to work well with the players addition of the website, but the amunet was the best way to sell things before the world expanded - too much.

Give us a way to sell world wide on the amunet!

Some of us like these places. If you like landing stay there. I like Solhaven and want to stay there away from the masses. I like new things to explore. I like being spread out.

J

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Yeah, plats kinda why I figure we should be able to get it here. I dont expect the portal system, but why not the thoughtnet? You could tune it different ways so you dont have to hear everything if you dont wanna..

But I would not pay extra for plat. Its like paying to be punished.. Plat should be cheaper than everything else, since it has a smaller playerbase. Find another way to keep out the retarded non-RPers like me beyond increasing the price needlessly. Or perhaps just seperate it from the other games.. No need to buy premium before you get to plat.

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 10:19 PM
Some of us like these places. If you like landing stay there. I like Solhaven and want to stay there away from the masses. I like new things to explore. I like being spread out.

J

I dont really want to get rid of Sol, and those other places(except Zul logoth, or at least the damnable travel system around the area)

I just want to stop spreading people out and taking away all the customers

Perhaps make a place like FWI for anyone. Port there from any other town, and you can sell your goods there. Have one amunet channel tuned to that area/purpose, so you can listen for anything being sold or advertise, then meet there for exchange.

Drew
12-12-2006, 11:48 PM
There's a simple solution to the population problem that I've been suggesting for a while now. Make the game free and unlimited use with a level 19 cap. Want more? Open an account. You'll have more people around and I think a lot more accounts opened.

Celephais
12-13-2006, 12:04 AM
There's a simple solution to the population problem that I've been suggesting for a while now. Make the game free and unlimited use with a level 19 cap. Want more? Open an account. You'll have more people around and I think a lot more accounts opened.

Problem there is you've got free MAs... unlimited Mana Batteries, spell ups, Rezzers, and Empaths. Easy enough to swarm rescue your characters in a lot of areas too, despite not being high enough level.

Oh, this would make it easy to roll up characters for scams too. (linking to a credit card... possible but still flawed, and lot less people attempting it.)

Drew
12-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Problem there is you've got free MAs... unlimited Mana Batteries, spell ups, Rezzers, and Empaths. Easy enough to swarm rescue your characters in a lot of areas too, despite not being high enough level.

Oh, this would make it easy to roll up characters for scams too. (linking to a credit card... possible but still flawed, and lot less people attempting it.)

Make the de facto policy of allowing MAing de jure. At that point make only those who pay for multiple accounts able to use them. For scamming you can do it pretty easily now, admitidly it'd be a bit easier, but obviously someone with a Lord or Lady title would be a bit less trustworthy, it'd make the titles worth something again too.

Dwarven Empath
12-13-2006, 05:17 AM
'I like being spread out.'

heheheh

Goretawn
12-13-2006, 09:04 AM
I don't think the cart ride and the ladders/climbing are all that rediculous. Think about the actual amount of traveling that would entitle. Climbing a mountain, instead of taking a cart through it. Not very well thought out. There is a reason for such things, and why it takes an hour to get from EN to Landing. They are trying to add a bit of realism to the gamism. I like what they are doing and can't wait to utilize the new areas.

CrystalTears
12-13-2006, 09:21 AM
For me, there is a point where there can be too much realism. Traveling in a text game is one of them.

I don't need to be spending an hour getting from point A to B. At least with the Teras boat you can log out at the booth and log in at the isle. I can handle that. What I can't handle are the hoops you have to jump through in order to get to TI.

Personally seeing that they had to make all that area, all those rooms that no one ever bothers looking it was a waste of resources, imo. Now, if there were a lot of creatures, treasure and little towns to explore along the way, it would be worth the trip. Other than that, it was a pain in the ass.

zhelas
12-13-2006, 09:24 AM
What I can't handle are the hoops you have to jump through in order to get to TI.

740 FTW

AestheticDeath
12-13-2006, 10:22 AM
For me, there is a point where there can be too much realism. Traveling in a text game is one of them.

I don't need to be spending an hour getting from point A to B. At least with the Teras boat you can log out at the booth and log in at the isle. I can handle that. What I can't handle are the hoops you have to jump through in order to get to TI.

Personally seeing that they had to make all that area, all those rooms that no one ever bothers looking it was a waste of resources, imo. Now, if there were a lot of creatures, treasure and little towns to explore along the way, it would be worth the trip. Other than that, it was a pain in the ass.

Ditto, waste of my time, waste of their time. The point is to have fun in a game, not make the game just like real life. I dont wanna waste half an hour to an hour getting to a certain point in the game. Then having to do it again to get back. If the scripts werent out there, I bet half the people wouldnt even travel back and forth.

Artha
12-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I don't need to be spending an hour getting from point A to B

"Less tedium, more fun."

Someone should compile a list of all the dumb mechanics that make this motto ironic.

Goretawn
12-13-2006, 11:33 AM
I guess I am a glutton for punishment then. I don't use scripts for the trip. I don't make it all that often due to RP though. The cart ride is a bit long, and the boat in EN is horrible, but the actual "walk" is kind of nice.

CrystalTears
12-13-2006, 11:35 AM
I guess I am a glutton for punishment then.
Yes, yes you are. :D

TheEschaton
12-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Really? You think the trip between EN and WL is too long?

Hell, sometimes I need a break, if I have business to go to on the Landing, I just fire the script up and run over there while I have lunch or dinner or whatever the latest meal might be.

-TheE-

Celephais
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM

Hell, sometimes I need a break, if I have business to go to on the Landing, I just fire the script up and run over there while I have lunch or dinner or whatever the latest meal might be.

-TheE-

... Couldn't you accomplish the same thing by say... just getting up from the computer?

Goretawn
12-13-2006, 12:32 PM
But then how would he get to the Landing, or back to the EN?

Goretawn
12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
I like the idea of a FWI hunting area. I have been wanting one since I started on premium. You would be able to hunt with people that you never see due to home towns.

"CT- Yes, yes you are. :D"

Sometimes punishment can be so pleasurable. ;)

CrystalTears
12-13-2006, 12:35 PM
-TheE-
Not so much that it's long, but that for me it's unnecessary.

I get why they did it, to put some distance between the locations, and can't just up and go there on a whim. However with scripts people can get there on a whim. I think you can go through it with a script in about 20 minutes or so?

For me, there's a problem when people have to script something so that they can get up and walk away because it's too boring to deal with handling it manually. That's not fun for me. :shrug:

Celephais
12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
But then how would he get to the Landing, or back to the EN?

For me, there's a problem when people have to script something so that they can get up and walk away because it's too boring to deal with handling it manually. That's not fun for me. :shrug:

CT said kind of what I was getting at Gore... if you think it isn't too long because it gives you a chance to do other things... couldn't it be short, and you could do other things anyway.

TheEschaton
12-13-2006, 12:44 PM
The cart rides themselves are a total of 20 minutes. The ladder/rope is about a minute each, if there's no wait. The ferry ride is usually anywhere from 2 minutes to 10, with an extreme case of 15-20 if you have the unfortunate luck to come by when the ferryman is taking a break.

So, on a good trip, 25 minutes? I fog into town right after the ferry.

-TheE-

Goretawn
12-13-2006, 12:45 PM
I was throwing in a little sarcasm. (Note to self: Self, write sarcasm when using a sarcastic tone. Difficult to "hear" it in text.)

I don't use a script. I do it all by hand. I don't use travel scripts at all really. I get what you were saying, but I like the use of time to seperate the different nations. They may have gone a bit extreme with it, but I think the elves (IC) versus the people (OOC) prefer it that way.

Edited to add: I do agree that the boat between TV and TI is a bit rediculous. Is there anyone out there that actually enjoys the captain talking? Everyone I see just yells at him to shut up.