PDA

View Full Version : Untempering

AestheticDeath
12-10-2006, 10:41 PM
OK, so this is the third time I have tried to remove the temper from this shield.

The first time I dont recall who I used to pour the potion.
The second time, I got Methais(capped) to pour a sarmoc potion on it..
And this time I got another wizard, lvl 59, with 60 wiz spells, 60 major spells to pour it..

SO, what is this? Another failure? I didn't ask for the messaging from the other two pours.

>pour pot on shield
You pour your potion on the shield.
You chant quietly under your breath as the liquid slowly coats the surface of the titanium shield, its dull look fading slightly back to its original appearance.
Roundtime: 60 sec.
Roundtime changed to 31 seconds.

Looks like it could be a success to me, but supposedly it takes several hours for an untemper to work.

Bobmuhthol
12-10-2006, 10:45 PM
Uh..

Are you sure it's tempered?

AestheticDeath
12-10-2006, 11:09 PM
It sings as tempered.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the titanium shield in your hand...

It has a bonus of +5 from a normal shield, and the way it vibrates in tune with your voice tells you that it serves some type of defensive purpose, different from that of normal armor.
It also has some type of special ability, but you can't tell what yet.

As you sing, you feel a faint resonating vibration from the titanium shield in your hand...

The harmonics generated tell you that the shield has been tempered for enchanting by a wizard, though you are unable to determine exactly whom. The magical harmonics also reveal that this is an item which serves as a shield when held in the left hand.

Stunseed
12-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Naos just messed with the untempering process. Read his notes on the officials site.

AestheticDeath
12-10-2006, 11:16 PM
Well the first two times I tried this, were before his tempering whatever it is... First time was a month or two ago.

But I will have a look in case.

Askip
12-11-2006, 02:51 PM
<< It sings as tempered. >>

What does 405 say?

:D

AestheticDeath
12-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Doesnt say anything.. has the swirling message or whatever

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
You gesture at a black titanium shield.
The essence swirls as it flows in a fog of chaotic patterns around the shield. You can't make any sense from the patterns.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
(Forcing stance down to guarded)

thats the same message a bard and a wizard get with 405

I am about to try re-tempering it and see what happens. Just dont want it to blow up or something on a double temper.. even though I cant prove its tempered beyond the bard song.

Er, actually has anyone tried casting 925 at an item someone else tempered with a potion?

Stunseed
12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
Assist and have your major project nulled. It's happened before.

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Not sure how that will help actually. The major project being nulled. As there is no major project.. But I might assist and bug the hell outta some GM before trying something. I just hate waiting in one spot for an hour before someone responds.

Stunseed
12-12-2006, 11:07 PM
I was enchanting a bow for Aone, and the process was bugged, due to a time warp. They nullified the major enchant, making it as if it hadn't happened.

I didn't want to enchant anything for that man-bag carrying brother anyways.

AestheticDeath
12-12-2006, 11:19 PM
Well, in this case - the person who would have tempered the item or been enchanting it.. wasnt any of my guys. So they would have to mess with another wizards slots, assuming thats whats wrong.

Stunseed
12-12-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm under the impression is that possession is 9/10th's of the law in regards to that. Worst thing they can do is tell you no, eh?

Artha
12-12-2006, 11:27 PM
I didn't want to enchant anything for that man-bag carrying brother anyways.
It was European!

Askip
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM
Official BBS response from GM Naos - you learn something every day. :D
- - -
That cast of 405 indicates that the item has no temper. Each pour of sarmoc removes either the current temper, or one 'cast' from the project. Once all the casts are removed, the item returns to its normal state.

As an example, if I had a longsword that was a 4x project with 2 completed casts, and a temper, the first pour of sarmoc would remove the temper, the second a successful cast, and the third the remaining cast, returning the item to normal.

--
Naos

AestheticDeath
12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
What was that in response to?

My item in question is only +5 at the moment. So after three tries to untemper the thing - any tempers or previous casts should be gone. Yet it still says it was tempered. I think, I will look at it again tonight.