PDA

View Full Version : GS Character Sheet

Celephais
12-10-2006, 10:38 AM
http://www.deadlylight.com/charactersheet/

In the process of making an online trainer sheet. Doesn't currently let anyone register for an account so you won't be able to save/load your character. But for now it's a decent way to play w/ your stats.

I'm still mulling over how I plan to do the actual training portion. I would like a way to do it more intelligently than just entering every train per level (and I definatly want it to be able to properly handle mid-level training). I'm thinking of sort of a criteria picker... "Train SA to max, Train Spell to 2x, spare points to 3x spells" etc.

Any suggestions/comments/bug reports appreciated. (I do know it has some trouble w/ the scroll bars right now if you resize or whatever... having trouble fixing that).

GuildRat
12-10-2006, 11:17 AM
How's that thing supposed to work? With starting stats?

Nice spreadsheet work but not much good for the capped player :grin:

Celephais
12-10-2006, 11:27 AM
Yes you put your starting stats into the level 0 input boxes. The plan is to have it so you can enter your exp, it'll tell you your total Training points, then you put in your training plan and you will be able to see when you get your next skills (even post cap). Then I'll have tabs for AS/DS/CS/TD spell duration, etc.

I checked my log and it looks like someone using safari took a look at it, does it look okay/work? I'm mostly just focusing on IE, and I made sure it doesn't look like crap in FireFox, but it'd be nice to support everyone.

The Ponzzz
12-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I only looked, but I like it. Will you be allowing for people to save, etc?

Celephais
12-10-2006, 12:50 PM
I only looked, but I like it. Will you be allowing for people to save, etc?

Yup, doesn't really take up much memory and if I didn't no one would use it seriously. Planning on allowing you to save it to disk, save it online, and an option to publicly share your character.

Oh, currently the session times out pretty quick and it doesn't handle it very prettily (I don't plan on having a timeout at all in the future), so if you leave the window open and then change a stat/proffession/race you'll probably get some errors... refreshing (F5) should fix that.

The Ponzzz
12-10-2006, 12:56 PM
That would give you the title of legendary hero!

Celephais
12-10-2006, 01:07 PM
That would give you the title of legendary hero!

My dream come true!

I generally have dellusions about how much dedication I am willing to put into programming things, I currently have a ton of in progress GS programs... this is the first thing I've felt comfortable semi-releasing.

One I'll likely never finish is a map window... but it looks neat!
http://www.deadlylight.com/images/map.png

The Ponzzz
12-10-2006, 01:14 PM
OMFG THE CATACOMBS?!

Celephais
12-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Heh, yup. Goal w/ that is to make it actively follow you (that part was easy) and allow you to click a room and have it take you there.

Then I want to make it linked to bounties... mark a room once you've searched if you're on a loom task or highlight the rooms that can contain the herb/monster you need. As I said though, I have delusions.