PDA

View Full Version : I just want this year to end

Izalude
12-10-2006, 03:37 AM
This year has been the total year of the cockroach for me. Earlier this year, I was having some serious health issues related to MS, which forced me to move back in with my parents briefly. Things started looking up again back in March, and I was able to get into a place to share with one of my best friends from High School. So things went well, for a few months.

I get pulled over sometime in April, go to court, take care of the ticket, pay the fine and think that's the end of it...

May rolls around, and my roommate finds out that he got his girlfriend pregnant, and decides that he's gonna marry her. I was happy for them, and even offered to move out so that he could have the apartment with his wife & kid, but he chose to leave instead going back to where we grew up. So I had to find a new roommate. I ended up finding a 19 year old kid that was a friend of a friend that moved in.

Then at the end of May, I found a career working as a boarding Agent for ships coming into the Port of New York. This is HANDS DOWN the best job I've ever had, and the first that I could actually see myself doing for the rest of my life. The pay is great, the benefits are outstanding, and the company I work for REALLY takes care of their employees.

Then comes June... My mother wanted me to come home for a talk. I'm thinking, "Oh shit. What did I do?" I come home sit down with my whole family, and my father announces that he's got lieukemia. From June on, he's in and out of the hospital getting treated for it. For now the prognosis is good, but the problem is that he's known for awhile and hasn't said anything to the family, nor had he sought any treatment prior to the announcement...

Things went well for a time being, until my roommate lost his job. I would come home to find the house trashed with about 9 of his friends over, making a huge racket seeing that all my food that I bought the day before had been completely ransacked. I made this tomato sauce from SCRATCH one day... I peeled and mashed the tomatos myself, cooked sausages and put them into the sauce too. It was an all-day ordeal... I cover it, and put it in the refridgerator, having eaten only about a half-plate of spaghetti. I wake up the next morning to see the sauce pot in the sink, and all the sauce GONE. The inconsiderate prick didn't eat any spaghetti. He just ate the entire saucepot instead. Can you believe the nerve?

Then around September, I started having black spots in my vision. I'd black out if I stood up too quickly, and I was alot more disoriented than a usual MS attack. So I went to see my doctor, who ordered an MRI. Then I find out I have a small tumor on my brainstem. He refers me to an oncologist, who was optimistic that he could destroy it with just giving me chemo... So I do that for about 6 weeks. Things were going well, up until the 6th week. I had another MRI to check on the status of the tumor, only to see that the chemo knocked away about 75% of it, but it hadn't shrunk in about 2 weeks... Doc upped the dosage a bit, and by the end of the next week, the tumor had actually grown. Now I'm having radiation treatments done. My hair falls off in clumps. The other day after the treatment, I still had an open sore in my mouth from the chemo. The radiation aparently aggrivated it, which bled into my throat making me cough and throw up blood. This SUCKS. I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy.

So... I'm bogged down with alot of medical expenses now, and still my roommate refuses to pay me, saying he has no money. He fell WAAAAY behind on his bills, being out of work for almost 6 weeks. The landlord is about ready to evict him too, because now he's a month and a half behind on his rent. And because this bastard owes me about $800, I just can't seem to get ahead of my bills & medical expenses.

So... Halloween rolls around, and I'm pulled over again, this time because my license plate was crooked. The cop informs me that there's a warrant out for me about this stuff that happened in April, for $1,000, and that my license is suspended! I couldn't believe this. I couldn't pay it, so I ended up going to the County prison for the day. Around 6pm they realize, "Oh shit! We fucked up. This was paid already, and we just forgot to clear it in the computer." And they turn me loose. I filed a lawsuit against them.

Three weeks ago, I'm driving home after a session of chemo and I'm pulled over by a guy named Ken Munt, who has me step out of the car and take a sobriety test. Now I'm not in the best of shape, and I semi-fail the test. I tell him that I'm on both Interferon for the MS and Chemo for the tumor, and he says, "I'm not interested." By now about 9 other cops have shown up. I speak to the supervisor asking to take a breathalyzer. I pass, of course and the officer that pulled me over says, "That doesn't mean you're not on any drugs." I'm LIVID at this point. I demand to be taken back to the hospital where I had just come from to take a blood test. They drag me down there, and my doctor looks at them like, "You've gotta be fucking kidding me." I'm issued a ticket for DUI pending blood analysis, and driven home. The next day I get a call from the Chief of Police apologizing for the whole ordeal saying that both the officer that pulled me over, as well as the supervisor are getting formal reprimands.

My license is no longer suspended, nor do I have any outstanding warrants or anything, but I still keep getting pulled over by a cop every time they run a random license plate check. I dunno what's up with that, but it's driving me up the friggin wall. I feel like I'm being harassed. They just say, "I ran your plate through the computer, and it came up as a hit." I ask what that means, and they say that it means that something isn't right with my documentation. (IE. Warrant, expired license, suspended license, invalid registration, etc) Most of the time they just let me go once they see that everything is in order. Other times they try to look for excuses to write me a ticket.

I just want this year to end. It's been entirely too stressful.

HarmNone
12-10-2006, 07:15 AM
It sounds horrible, Izalude! I'm really sorry about your dad. At least, the prognosis is good for him at this point. I'll be keeping him in my thoughts.

I can only imagine what you're going through with the chemo and radiation. My mother had a brain tumor, so I know what it can be like, and how difficult it is. Hopefully, they can get the tumor reduced with the combination of radiation and chemo. It's not a pleasant way to have to live since the treatment is pretty miserable. With all the other stuff going on in your life, this is just additional misery and stress for you. I wish there was a magic wand in real life that we could wave and make all this nonsense go away! :(

At least, you've got a job you enjoy. That sounds like the one bright spot in a sea of misery for you. A candle is lit for you, your dad, and the rest of your family. This is quite an ordeal for all of you.

Hugs, hon.

Sean of the Thread
12-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Well holy shit. Thank you for making my day seem that much better now.

Asha
12-10-2006, 08:05 AM
You've every sympathy I can offer, Izalude.
Your ordeal sounds incredible and frustrating. It's good you're receiving the treatment you need and your father. And may the outlook be only brighter for you and your family.
Now, there's ways which I'm sure our legal eagles can tell you, to deal with the flatmates and lawsuits against them to hopefully get a few bucks out of them and have them out of your life.
And I just hope the cops get their power-kicks from pulling over and ticketing people who deserve it. Not you.
Best wishes to you, mate.
Thoughts as well.

Gan
12-10-2006, 10:27 AM
Damn. I so hope things start looking up for you. It sounds like you've had one hell of a year.

Liberi Fatali
12-10-2006, 11:42 AM
I come home sit down with my whole family, and my father announces that he's got lieukemia. From June on, he's in and out of the hospital getting treated for it. For now the prognosis is good, but the problem is that he's known for awhile and hasn't said anything to the family, nor had he sought any treatment prior to the announcement...

Wow, I thought there would be a glimmer of hope in that post, but it just kept getting worse and worse!

Curiously, does your father have CLL (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia)? I'm taking a huge year-long course on Hematology, and was interested in the type. I doubt it's ALL -- it may be CML or AML. Did he say?

TheEschaton
12-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Man, fuck the police.

-TheE-

Stanley Burrell
12-10-2006, 12:05 PM
Bah. That is pretty fucked up, indeed.

The plate scanner crap would make me nutty as hell.

Gan
12-10-2006, 12:27 PM
Wow, I thought there would be a glimmer of hope in that post, but it just kept getting worse and worse!

Curiously, does your father have CLL (Chronic lymphocytic leukemia)? I'm taking a huge year-long course on Hematology, and was interested in the type. I doubt it's ALL -- it may be CML or AML. Did he say?

My grandfather died from AML. He knew he was sick but didnt want to go through the chemo so he sat on it for 6 months before it got so bad we took him in. When the doc came back with the bloodwork and said he had elevated white count and it looked like Leukemia everyone looked suprised but him. :(

He died within 4 weeks of going into the hospital. Leukemia sucks worse than stingrays.

Augie
12-10-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you've gone through so much this year hon :hugs: I hope that next year brings you much more luck than this one has. Just try to stay strong and hopefully things will get better.

Tisket
12-10-2006, 12:56 PM
To be fair I'd be willing to bet the cops hear all sorts of sob stories when they pull people over. But still, seems they were a bit excessive.

Anyway, sorry you're having such a crappy year.

Miss X
12-10-2006, 12:57 PM
I really hope next year is better for you sweetheart. You really deserve it.

<3333

Izalude
12-10-2006, 11:01 PM
He's got AML, but it's early enough that he doesn't need urgent care. I didn't think AML was that bad of a type to have, until Tinkeree/Xanthipe's player passed away from it last year. So that's another reason why I'm bugging out over the whole thing.

I've got court tomorrow to file my lawsuit against the Township of Pequannock, County of Morris, and State of New Jersey. Wish me luck.

Stanley Burrell
12-10-2006, 11:12 PM
Fight the power Flava' Flav style (and good luck with the justice system and everything else.)

Chelle
12-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Sorry to hear all that, Izalude. I will join Harmnone in lighting a candle for you.

::warm hugs::

mgoddess
12-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Friggin 'ell man. That's a shitload of bs to deal with all in one year.

I'll keep you and your father in my prayers. Cancer in all it's forms sucks major donkey balls. :(

Skeeter
12-11-2006, 10:51 AM
Maybe Fortuna's wheel will spin the other direction for you in '07. Perhaps you'll win the lottery to even out the karma.

Liberi Fatali
12-11-2006, 09:57 PM
He's got AML, but it's early enough that he doesn't need urgent care. I didn't think AML was that bad of a type to have, until Tinkeree/Xanthipe's player passed away from it last year. So that's another reason why I'm bugging out over the whole thing.

I've got court tomorrow to file my lawsuit against the Township of Pequannock, County of Morris, and State of New Jersey. Wish me luck.

Given a choice, I'd definitely take AML over the other ones he could have acquired. CML is the nasty one -- you have roughly a 5 year survival rate with a bone marrow transplant, and that's the most you'll get. Other treatments offer 20 months, 2 years, etc.

Stupid Philadelphia.