PDA

View Full Version : Dropkick Murphys on St. Patrick's Day

Celephais
12-09-2006, 01:44 PM
Anyone else going? Tickets sold out damn fast, not even sure if I have one (Friend of mine got four, and I am almost positive one can be mine).

Always a good time, two years ago I got a friend of mine to throw me in the air (and that wasn't enough so I had a whole group of people throw me in the air) and I snagged a Guinness balloon orniment that was hanging from the ceiling.

http://tinyurl.com/vjy5w

Gan
12-09-2006, 01:47 PM
It would take a lot of friends to throw me up in the air... and even more to catch me... of course, my friends wouldnt catch me, but thats just the way we are. :devilsmile:

Asha
12-09-2006, 01:48 PM
Awesome!
Go wild.

Celephais
12-09-2006, 01:58 PM
It would take a lot of friends to throw me up in the air... and even more to catch me... of course, my friends wouldnt catch me, but thats just the way we are. :devilsmile:

I'm pretty small, 5'4" at best, and in highschool a pretty strong friend of mine and I perfected the vertical toss (no catch involved, I just land on the ground... seem to do okay). We'd do it for volleyball in gym class, and sometimes basketball.

At that DKM concert though I had my friend toss me up, and I was a bit short, the crowd around me figured out what I was doing and next toss I had like 8 people throwing me strait up. As soon as I came down w/ it security started B-Lining for me and all the kids tried to grab the balloon... but my friend charged me (w/ the balloon between us) and pushed us back through the crowd... then I just ducked down, deflated it, and put it in my pocket. Security couldn't find me :)

Gan
12-09-2006, 02:00 PM
Nice.

TheEschaton
12-09-2006, 02:47 PM
The concert in Boston?

The DKM's do my alma mater's fight song. It's awesome.

-TheE-

Celephais
12-09-2006, 02:48 PM
The concert in Boston?

The DKM's do my alma mater's fight song. It's awesome.

-TheE-

Yes, in Boston, at the Avalon. I'm guessing you're talking about For Boston?

TheEschaton
12-09-2006, 03:05 PM
Yup, I went to BC.

I'll have to try and get tickets for it.

-TheE-

Celephais
12-09-2006, 03:21 PM
They're going for like $75 on ebay :( But historically there have been scalpers at the door who sell for not too bad.

TheEschaton
12-09-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm (gonna be) a lawyer. I'll find a guy who knows a guy.

-TheE-

Celephais
12-09-2006, 04:23 PM
... let me know if you find two guys.