PDA

View Full Version : a small white marble altar -- EG Auction Item

Mighty Nikkisaurus
12-05-2006, 02:54 PM
a small white marble altar
This diminutive altar is crafted from solid white marble laced with grey veins. The stone is beautifully finished, giving it a high luster. A flat, rectangular slab is set upon four small, round columns that serve as supporting legs to keep the altar raised up off the ground. The legs and the four sides of the altar surface are intricately carved with mystical holy symbols linked together in an elaborate design.

Holds FOUR small things on top of it, put it on the ground and no one else can grab it/touch it.

You can set it so that people can worship the owner's deity, or their own deity. It does NOT bond to one deity or one owner so it can be used for a variety of rituals.

The bidding will start at 6 million.

If you really want to have it, send me a PM or post here with a buyout offer.

CB:

>drop altar
You carefully place your white marble altar on the ground.

>tap altar
You fastidiously arrange the white marble altar so that everyone who worships at it will honor only your deity.
>tap altar
You fastidiously arrange the white marble altar so that everyone is free to worship at it while honoring their own deities.

Here's an Ivas Worshipper worshipping at the altar while it's set to Eorgina.

J>convert

You are a devout follower of Ivas.

KJ>
Narcissiia fastidiously arranges the white marble altar.
KJ>

J>kneel altar
As you move to your knees you reverently face the white marble altar.

KJ>clench altar
You grasp the edges of the white marble altar in a desperate grip as you beseech Eorgina for guidance.

KJ>gaze altar
You gaze at the white marble altar and in a quiet voice offer up a prayer to Eorgina.

KJ>kiss altar
You rock forward on your knees and reverently kiss the white marble altar.

KJ>touch altar
You reach out your hand and lightly touch the white marble altar while closing your eyes and clearing your mind for meditation.

KJ>rub altar
You carefully clean and polish the white marble altar as a sign of your devotion.

KJ>bow altar
You lean forward on your knees and press your forehead to the white marble altar.

KJ>grovel altar
You grovel in front of the white marble altar pleading for mercy.

KJ>stand
You stand back up.

JR>dance altar
You joyfully circle around the white marble altar in a ritual dance.

GoingGone
12-06-2006, 08:19 PM
ha, awesome Dextra quote. Should note that Luukos needs to get in line behind the greater force than he in the universe. Rhav's ginormous charisma-spitting uber-wang. He is the light that fills Strata's vag-darkness... Or Vagarkness, if you will.

( Vaelen is the Scio-Veer lovebaby! )

im bored at work. harassing Dex just helped kill.. a minute. But still, so worth it. Mwa ha ha ha.

Rhavnos - The Alpha Male

Drew
12-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Why would an Ivas follower worship Eorgina?

What happens if you are converted to "other".

Slark
12-06-2006, 11:05 PM
When you put it on the ground, I understand that nobody can pick it up, but can people take things off the top of it?

Malok
12-06-2006, 11:31 PM
When you put it on the ground, I understand that nobody can pick it up, but can people take things off the top of it?

Or better yet - implode it.

Jolena
12-06-2006, 11:47 PM
Why would an Ivas follower worship Eorgina?

What happens if you are converted to "other".

From what I understood in the initial post, the altar can be set to the owners deity or for the random deity of whomever uses it, so in that particular case shown, the owner set it for their own deity only. The use of showing you an Ivas follower using it was probably to provide proof that if it is set to make anyone using it worship the owner's deity, that it overrides the person's personal diety. It can be set for anyone to worship their chosen deity at, however, from what she said in her post.

TheEschaton
12-07-2006, 12:06 AM
Might be a handy thing for my cleric. Or my empath. Hmmm.

Scripts don't change from God to God, eh?

-TheE-

B2
12-07-2006, 12:36 AM
Also:

>praise alt
Lifting your hands towards the black marble altar you chant a prayer of praise for Jastev.

These are not alterable.

Zyllah put in the everyone-praising-your-deity function for rituals and stuff. It goes either way. It's neat. Very neat.

Rokkyu
12-07-2006, 02:33 AM
does it have any unique scripts per deity like those vials from anfelt?

Necromancer
12-07-2006, 04:13 AM
No, they do not.