PDA

View Full Version : Double MATCH return with SF script

Drunken Durfin
12-04-2006, 10:15 PM
I am writing a disarm/pick script and having trouble with a double match return. I have the initial part of the script doing a glance to see what type of container I am working on:

GlanceTrap:
put glance
MATCH CheckTrappedSTRONGBOX strongbox
MATCH CheckTrappedTRUNK trunk
MATCH CheckTrappedCHEST chest
MATCH CheckTrappedCOFFER coffer
MATCH CheckTrappedBOX box
MATCHWAIT

At this point it should go to the sub for the container that matches. the problem is that for a Strongbox, it runs both the CheckTrappedSTRONGBOX and the CheckTrappedBox sub.

>.check
[Script Check is running, Esc to cancel, Shift-Esc to pause]
>glance
You glance down to see a battered mithril strongbox in your right hand and
nothing in your left hand.
>Detect my strongbox
>Detect my box
You carefully begin to examine a battered mithril strongbox for traps...

You discover no traps.
Roundtime: 15 sec.
>
...wait 15 seconds.

1) how he hell is this happening?
2) how the hell do I keep it from happening?

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I think the entire script might be necessary to look at, since there is more or less no way that this could ever happen given only that match statement.

Drunken Durfin
12-04-2006, 10:33 PM
Entire script...

GlanceTrap:
put glance
MATCH CheckTrappedSTRONGBOX strongbox
MATCH CheckTrappedTRUNK trunk
MATCH CheckTrappedCHEST chest
MATCH CheckTrappedCOFFER coffer
MATCH CheckTrappedBOX box
MATCHWAIT

CheckTrappedTRUNK:
put Detect my trunk
MATCH DetectNeedle Hmmm, you can see what appears to be a tiny hole next to the lock plate
MATCH DetectSpore lock, you see a small tube
MATCH DetectDarkCrystal Looking closely into the keyhole of the lock you spy a small, dark crystal
MATCH DetectSulphur Feeling around the inside of the lock, you notice that the casing is coated with a rough, grainy substance
MATCH DetectGlyph You notice some spiderweb-like scratches on the lock plate
MATCH DetectRod Looking closely into the keyhole, you notice a pair of small metal rods
MATCH DetectRedVial Looking closely into the keyhole of the lock, you spy a small vial of fire-red liquid
MATCH DetectSpring Just as you were to pass the
MATCH DetectGasCloud Looking closely into the keyhole of the lock, you spy a small vial of liquid and a tiny hammer
MATCH DetectJaws You notice a discolored oval ring around the outside of the
MATCH DetectBoomer Carefully, you feel around the lock and notice the inside chamber is coated with a strange white substance
MATCH DetectSphere you locate a miniature emerald sphere held in a metal bracket
MATCH DetectSphere ou locate a small icy blue sphere held in a metal bracket
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a miniature sky blue glaes scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a glimmering opalescent scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a tiny onyx scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a tiny translucent scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a miniature blood red scarab
MATCH DetectScale covered with hundreds of tiny metal scales
MATCH Safe The lock appears to be free of all obstructions.
MATCH Safe You see a tiny hole next to the lock plate which has been completely plugged
MATCH Safe An occasional glint of red winks at you from within the hole
MATCH Safe It appears as though the tube has been plugged with something
MATCH Safe parts of the mechanism have been ground away
MATCH Safe parts of the mechanism have a deep red glow about them
MATCH Safe A small section of the casing has been scraped clean of the strange substance
MATCH Safe it might be some type of glyph spell, but some of the markings have been altered
MATCH Safe you notice a pair of small metal rods that have been bent in opposite directions of each other
MATCH Safe you notice a pair of small metal rods that have a slight reddish glow about them
MATCH Safe tiny hammer device which has been bent from striking range of the vial
MATCH Safe hammer device which has a red glow about it
MATCH Safe tiny hammer device which has been bent from striking range of the vial
MATCH Safe tiny hammer device which has a red glow about it
MATCH Safe the pins that hold the jaws together have been pushed out
MATCH Safe A little mud has been dabbed on the connecting point
MATCH Safe a metal bracket of some sort, although it seems to be empty now
MATCH Safe The scarab is surrounded by crimson glow
MATCH Safe It looks to have been sliced through
MATCH Safe A crimson glow seeps between the lid and the casing of
MATCH Safe You discover no traps
MATCHWAIT

CheckTrappedCHEST:
put Detect my chest
MATCH DetectNeedle Hmmm, you can see what appears to be a tiny hole next to the lock plate
MATCH DetectDarkCrystal Looking closely into the keyhole of the lock you spy a small, dark crystal
MATCH DetectSulphur Feeling around the inside of the lock, you notice that the casing is coated with a rough, grainy substance
MATCH DetectRod Looking closely into the keyhole, you notice a pair of small metal rods
MATCH DetectRedVial Looking closely into the keyhole of the lock, you spy a small vial of fire-red liquid
MATCH DetectGasCloud Looking closely into the keyhole of the lock, you spy a small vial of liquid and a tiny hammer
MATCH DetectBoomer Carefully, you feel around the lock and notice the inside chamber is coated with a strange white substance
MATCH DetectSphere you locate a miniature emerald sphere held in a metal bracket
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a miniature sky blue glaes scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a glimmering opalescent scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a tiny translucent scarab
MATCH DetectScarab Peering closely into the lock, you spy a miniature blood red scarab
MATCH Safe You see a tiny hole next to the lock plate which has been completely plugged
MATCH Safe A small section of the casing has been scraped clean of the strange substance
MATCH Safe it might be some type of glyph spell, but some of the markings have been altered
MATCH Safe you notice a pair of small metal rods that have been bent in opposite directions of each other
MATCH Safe you notice a pair of small metal rods that have a slight reddish glow about them
MATCHWAIT

CheckTrappedCOFFER:
put Detect my coffer
MATCHWAIT

CheckTrappedSTRONGBOX:
put Detect my strongbox

CheckTrappedBOX:
put Detect my box
MATCHWAIT

DetectNeedle:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectSpore:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectDarkCrystal:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectSulphur:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectGlyph:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectRod:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectRedVial:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectSpring:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectGasCloud:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectJaws:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectBoomer:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectSphere:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectSphere:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

DetectScarab:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT
DetectScale:
ECHO Detected Trap
EXIT

Safe:
ECHO Pick It

AestheticDeath
12-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Boxtype:
put glance
match chest chest in
match coffer coffer in
match strongbox strongbox in
match box box in
match trunk trunk in
match exit empty hand
matchwait

Thats from someones calibration script I have. It hasnt misread the container type for me yet.

Some of my other scripts have been seriously screwing up though, and I havent been able to figure out why.
Like I have a matchwait for input, and without putting anything in, or anything matching the matches, it just keeps going. Frustrating. Like that travel script from the bus company... Sometimes it just goes somewhere before I tell it where.

Bobmuhthol
12-04-2006, 11:03 PM
It might mean something that you don't have a MATCHWAIT on strongbox.

AestheticDeath
12-04-2006, 11:30 PM
good eye - didnt even notice that

Krendeli
12-05-2006, 09:53 AM
I would use this personally. It reduces that amount of matches to 2 instead of one for each box and decreases the possibility of error.

start:
put glance
match strongbox strongbox
match box box
match chest chest
match coffer coffer
match trunk
matchwait

strongbox:
save strongbox
goto disarm

box:
save box
goto disarm

chest:
save chest
goto disarm

coffer:
save coffer
goto disarm

trunk:
save trunk
goto disarm

disarm:
put disarm my %s
match <insert matching strings>
matchwait

GS4-D
12-05-2006, 12:24 PM
I just recently finished a disarm and pick script, and you made yours bigger than it needs. I started the same way, every single trap matched up with every possibility, but it all breaks down to the same kind of disarm, except for scarabs, lockless, sphere and scales.

Now I notice your script detects them, not disarms them, so I don't know if my script would help you any, plus I made mine to disarm and pick boxes on the floor without holding any box.

Drunken Durfin
12-05-2006, 01:07 PM
Bob
>It might mean something that you don't have a MATCHWAIT on strongbox.

Thanks...I was really pulling my hair out over that one.

GS4-D
>Now I notice your script detects them, not disarms them...

I have multiple scripts that I am using presently, to make debugging a bit easier. I have other scripts for disarm, scales, sphere, plated and picking but, if you have something that is complete I would love to see it. Eventually I want to have one that also incorporates all the lockmastery tricks as well.

GS4-D
12-05-2006, 01:17 PM
When I get home I'll throw up what I have.

AestheticDeath
12-05-2006, 06:15 PM
Id like to see it as well! :)

Artha
12-05-2006, 06:39 PM
If you match it to like " box" instead of "box", it should stop firing off of strongboxes (if that's what is happening).

GS4-D
12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
Ok, heres the script(s). It's 5 scripts, but they're all basically the same, only difference is the type of box. I run them with 404/403 put on for about 30 mins worth.

1st script:

chest:
match lockless There appears to be a plate
match sphere sphere held in a metal bracket towards the back
match sphere the gem would be caught amongst them
match scales appears to be covered with hundreds of tiny metal scales
match scales Despite heavy scrutiny, you can see
match cchest rudimentary
match cchest very basic
match cchest easy
match cchest simple
match cchest fairly
match cchest somewhat
match cchest moderately
match cchest very
match cchest extremely
match cchest intricate
match cchest very complex
match cchest incredibly hard
match cchest amazingly
match tchest astoundingly
match tchest absurdly
match tchest masterfully crafted
match cchest difficult
match cchest You still have a good eno
match pick You discover no traps.
match cchest ...wait
match done You want to disarm what
match done I could not find
match done Um, but
put disarm %1 chest
matchwait

cchest:
pause
match cchest You still have a good eno
match scarab carefully nudge
match pick Roundtime:
put disarm %1 chest
matchwait

scarab:
pause
put disarm scarab
goto pick

tchest:
pause
put tap %1 chest
put say Trap on the %1 chest is too hard
goto nopick

lockless:
pause
put tap %1 chest
put say lockless, %1 chest needs popped
goto nopick

scales:
pause
put tap %1 chest
put say scales on the %1 chest
goto nopick

sphere:
pause
match lock You remove
match nolock Get what
match sphere ...wait
put get my lock
matchwait

lock:
pause
match stow With utmost care
match sphere No matter how you
put disarm %1 chest
matchwait

nolock:
pause
put say I'm out of lockpicks
exit

stow:
pause
put put lock in my tool
goto pick

pick:
pause
match nolock Get what
match cpick You remove
put get my lock
matchwait

cpick:
match cpick You are not able to pick
match cpick ...wait
match hlock Your lockpick gets stuck in the lock!
match hlock and learn little about it.
match nlock You broke your lockpick in the attempt!
match end CLICK!
put pick %1 chest with my lock
matchwait

hlock:
pause
put tap %1 chest
put say I'm not busting my pick on the %1 chest
goto end

nlock:
pause
put drop lock
goto hlock2

hlock2:
pause
put tap %1 chest
put say I'm not busting another pick on the %1 chest
goto nopick

nopick:
shift %1
goto chest

end:
put put lock in my tool
shift %1
goto chest

done:
pause
put .ds first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth

-----

2nd script:

strongbox:
match cstrongbox rudimentary
match cstrongbox very basic
match cstrongbox easy
match cstrongbox simple
match cstrongbox fairly
match cstrongbox somewhat
match cstrongbox moderately
match cstrongbox very
match cstrongbox extremely
match cstrongbox intricate
match cstrongbox very complex
match cstrongbox incredibly hard
match cstrongbox amazingly
match tstrongbox astoundingly
match tstrongbox absurdly
match tstrongbox masterfully crafted
match cstrongbox difficult
match cstrongbox You still have a good eno
match cstrongbox ...wait
match done Um, but
put disarm %1 strongbox
matchwait

cstrongbox:
pause
match cstrongbox You still have a good eno
match pick Roundtime:
put disarm %1 strongbox
matchwait

scarab:
pause
put disarm scarab
goto pick

tstrongbox:
pause
put tap %1 strongbox
put say Trap on the %1 strongbox is too hard
goto nopick

lockless:
pause
put tap %1 strongbox
put say lockless, %1 strongbox needs popped
goto nopick

scales:
pause
put tap %1 strongbox
put say scales on the %1 strongbox
goto nopick

sphere:
pause
match lock You remove
match nolock Get what
match sphere ...wait
put get my lock
matchwait

lock:
pause
put disarm %1 strongbox
matchwait

nolock:
pause
exit

stow:
pause
put put lock in my tool
goto pick

pick:
pause
match nolock Get what
match cpick You remove
put get my lock
matchwait

cpick:
match cpick ...wait
match end CLICK!
put pick %1 strongbox with my lock
matchwait

hlock:
pause
put tap %1 strongbox
put say I'm not busting my pick on the %1 strongbox
goto end

nlock:
pause
put drop lock
goto hlock2

hlock2:
pause
put tap %1 strongbox
put say I'm not busting another pick on the %1 strongbox
goto nopick

nopick:
shift %1
goto strongbox

end:
put put lock in my tool
shift %1
goto strongbox

done:
pause
put .dt first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth

-------------------

3rd script:

trunk:
match ctrunk rudimentary
match ctrunk very basic
match ctrunk easy
match ctrunk simple
match ctrunk fairly
match ctrunk somewhat
match ctrunk moderately
match ctrunk very
match ctrunk extremely
match ctrunk intricate
match ctrunk very complex
match ctrunk incredibly hard
match ctrunk amazingly
match ttrunk astoundingly
match ttrunk absurdly
match ttrunk masterfully crafted
match ctrunk difficult
match ctrunk You still have a good eno
match ctrunk ...wait
match done Um, but
put disarm %1 trunk
matchwait

ctrunk:
pause
match ctrunk You still have a good eno
match pick Roundtime:
put disarm %1 trunk
matchwait

scarab:
pause
put disarm scarab
goto pick

ttrunk:
pause
put tap %1 trunk
put say Trap on the %1 trunk is too hard
goto nopick

lockless:
pause
put tap %1 trunk
put say lockless, %1 trunk needs popped
goto nopick

scales:
pause
put tap %1 trunk
put say scales on the %1 trunk
goto nopick

sphere:
pause
match lock You remove
match nolock Get what
match sphere ...wait
put get my lock
matchwait

lock:
pause
put disarm %1 trunk
matchwait

nolock:
pause
exit

stow:
pause
put put lock in my tool
goto pick

pick:
pause
match nolock Get what
match cpick You remove
put get my lock
matchwait

cpick:
match cpick ...wait
match end CLICK!
put pick %1 trunk with my lock
matchwait

hlock:
pause
put tap %1 trunk
put say I'm not busting my pick on the %1 trunk
goto end

nlock:
pause
put drop lock
goto hlock2

hlock2:
pause
put tap %1 trunk
put say I'm not busting another pick on the %1 trunk
goto nopick

nopick:
shift %1
goto trunk

end:
put put lock in my tool
shift %1
goto trunk

done:
pause

put .dcoff first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth

-----------------

4th script:

coffer:
match ccoffer rudimentary
match ccoffer very basic
match ccoffer easy
match ccoffer simple
match ccoffer fairly
match ccoffer somewhat
match ccoffer moderately
match ccoffer very
match ccoffer extremely
match ccoffer intricate
match ccoffer very complex
match ccoffer incredibly hard
match ccoffer amazingly
match tcoffer astoundingly
match tcoffer absurdly
match tcoffer masterfully crafted
match ccoffer difficult
match ccoffer You still have a good eno
match ccoffer ...wait
match done Um, but
put disarm %1 coffer
matchwait

ccoffer:
pause
match ccoffer You still have a good eno
match pick Roundtime:
put disarm %1 coffer
matchwait

scarab:
pause
put disarm scarab
goto pick

tcoffer:
pause
put tap %1 coffer
put say Trap on the %1 coffer is too hard
goto nopick

lockless:
pause
put tap %1 coffer
put say lockless, %1 coffer needs popped
goto nopick

scales:
pause
put tap %1 coffer
put say scales on the %1 coffer
goto nopick

sphere:
pause
match lock You remove
match nolock Get what
match sphere ...wait
put get my lock
matchwait

lock:
pause
put disarm %1 coffer
matchwait

nolock:
pause
exit

stow:
pause
put put lock in my tool
goto pick

pick:
pause
match nolock Get what
match cpick You remove
put get my lock
matchwait

cpick:
match cpick ...wait
match end CLICK!
put pick %1 coffer with my lock
matchwait

hlock:
pause
put tap %1 coffer
put say I'm not busting my pick on the %1 coffer
goto end

nlock:
pause
put drop lock
goto hlock2

hlock2:
pause
put tap %1 coffer
put say I'm not busting another pick on the %1 coffer
goto nopick

nopick:
shift %1
goto coffer

end:
put put lock in my tool
shift %1
goto coffer

done:
pause
put .db first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth

-------------

5th script:

box:
match cbox rudimentary
match cbox very basic
match cbox easy
match cbox simple
match cbox fairly
match cbox somewhat
match cbox moderately
match cbox very
match cbox extremely
match cbox intricate
match cbox very complex
match cbox incredibly hard
match cbox amazingly
match tbox astoundingly
match tbox absurdly
match tbox masterfully crafted
match cbox difficult
match cbox You still have a good eno
match cbox ...wait
match done Um, but
put disarm %1 box
matchwait

cbox:
pause
match cbox You still have a good eno
match pick Roundtime:
put disarm %1 box
matchwait

scarab:
pause
put disarm scarab
goto pick

tbox:
pause
put tap %1 box
put say Trap on the %1 box is too hard
goto nopick

lockless:
pause
put tap %1 box
put say lockless, %1 box needs popped
goto nopick

scales:
pause
put tap %1 box
put say scales on the %1 box
goto nopick

sphere:
pause
match lock You remove
match nolock Get what
match sphere ...wait
put get my lock
matchwait

lock:
pause
put disarm %1 box
matchwait

nolock:
pause
exit

stow:
pause
put put lock in my tool
goto pick

pick:
pause
match nolock Get what
match cpick You remove
put get my lock
matchwait

cpick:
match cpick ...wait
match end CLICK!
put pick %1 box with my lock
matchwait

hlock:
pause
put tap %1 box
put say I'm not busting my pick on the %1 box
goto end

nlock:
pause
put drop lock
goto hlock2

hlock2:
pause
put tap %1 box
put say I'm not busting another pick on the %1 box
goto nopick

nopick:
shift %1
goto box

end:
put put lock in my tool
shift %1
goto box

done:
pause
put say Done for now
exit

Simply make macros for each script such as \x.dc first second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth tenth\r or just make one and the scripts loop within each other.

One thing I need to add is when I'm out of cotton or putty to put a MATCH for how a disarm looks like when I don't have any, but as of now I stay stocked.

Comments welcome.

Shaelun
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
What does saying "shift %1" do (as opposed to just "shift" I mean)?

GS4-D
12-06-2006, 07:55 AM
The script is shiting up from first to second third fourth fifth sixth seventh eighth ninth and tenth. Wasn't aware that shift without the %1 did the same, if that's the case.

Shaelun
12-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Ahh, I thought it was a StormFront thing; apparently they're identical. Thanks