PDA

View Full Version : The status of plat ?

GOD
12-04-2006, 08:34 PM
Whats up with GS Plat? Are there more people playing than there was about 2 years ago? Is the price still outrageous? I was curious if a few people were still playing but i cant remember there charecters names, but maybe this will trigger a memory in someones mind, back when i played plat about 5 years ago the people i lived with had a giantman click, i think they had a giantman for every profession, if you were playing back then you should remember them, anyways they are all real life friends of mine and i was just curious if anyone of them still played.

-J

mgoddess
12-04-2006, 08:45 PM
they are all real life friends of mine and i was just curious if anyone of them still played.

If they're RL friends of your's...why don't you just ask them if they still play?

GOD
12-04-2006, 08:53 PM
Cause i havnt talked to any of them in like 4 years, i guess it would have been better put "they were real life friends of mine" but its been multiple years since i've talked to any of em, thats why i was curious if any of them were still around.

-J

The Ponzzz
12-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I started Plat in May this year. We are running about 30-40 people on during primetime week days and close to 50-60 on the weekends. Had a large event for the summer called Platinum Spectacular Summer(PSS) that included all the left over items(all but a few) from the last Foehn's promise along with a free WD with most of the perks. Plus EG this past Oct.

Price is $49.95 a month, so $10.00 more than premium. We're down some GM staff, but it looks like a GS wide problem, not just plat.

If ya need anything else answered, feel free to ask!

Apathy
12-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Do you have to pay for the events on top of paying for plat?

The Ponzzz
12-04-2006, 09:12 PM
Yea, but it's cheaper...

So take EG auction for example. We shaved $60 bucks off what prime paid(or $50 for premium). That's 5-6 months right there in savings.

So figure, you go to 2 pay events a year, plat and premium now cost the same...

Apathy
12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Does the $50 cover your plat and prime characters or just plat?

The Ponzzz
12-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Both. I have access to both prime and plat, just not at the same time. You get more character slots too.

GOD
12-04-2006, 09:24 PM
Oh ! I remember one of my friends main charecters, my friend Joy originaly started plat playing a rogue named Rubyjoy, no chance you happen to know that charecter or maybe another charecter she might play do you?

-J

The Ponzzz
12-04-2006, 09:27 PM
The name doesn't look familiar, real name nor character name.

Millfoil Tuon Mance Hubris
Kherelan Shyllia Teekee Kimkah
Brigit Oengus Ilmey Jaired
Geshthai Brinret Charnock Esyllt
Adlai Ephelysse Eulogia Tlanthian
Raidek Artz Tein Halstaad
Krintaur Mithogras Lidia Baldrick
Blackadder Dhask (me)
Active Players: 30

That's a shot of everyone right now!

GOD
12-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Damn, I know about 5 years ago when i was playing plat she barrely played her anymore, so she prolly doesnt play her anymore even if she still plays, but i doubt she does. I remember when i lived with her boyfriend IRL a plat GM lived with us to, I wish i could remember who she was too, i'm sure shes still gotta be around in one way or another.

It's times like this that i wish the mind altering substances from my past didnt affect my memory. . . .grrrrrrr.

-J

Skeeter
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
some of those names make me laugh

last bastion of RP plat is not.

The Ponzzz
12-05-2006, 12:46 PM
To be completely honest, Plat isn't for RP. Because if you enjoy RP in prime, chances are, you are getting a better job filling that void thatn you ever would in plat.

The difference is, everyone TRIES to RP, instead of there being solid group throughout the game. For example: If you RP in Illistim with a group of say, 10 people, chances are it's better than ANYTHING in plat you will encounter. The difference is, you won't run into a group on the Dias in plat that are like, "DS CHECK PLXZ!"

Plat is great if you like what GS use to be(before AOL) and if you like solitude in hunting areas, greater chances at higher end items and a 99% chance to be involved in just about any storyline. And unless you play at 2am-10am, there are always people around to hang out with. Some are great, some are mentally retarded.

Ardwen
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
havent seen Rubyjoy online in a couple of years or so, in game or on aim, suppose she coulda changed aim who knows.

Ardwen

DCSL
12-05-2006, 06:48 PM
To be completely honest, Plat isn't for RP. Because if you enjoy RP in prime, chances are, you are getting a better job filling that void thatn you ever would in plat.

The difference is, everyone TRIES to RP, instead of there being solid group throughout the game. For example: If you RP in Illistim with a group of say, 10 people, chances are it's better than ANYTHING in plat you will encounter. The difference is, you won't run into a group on the Dias in plat that are like, "DS CHECK PLXZ!"

Plat is great if you like what GS use to be(before AOL) and if you like solitude in hunting areas, greater chances at higher end items and a 99% chance to be involved in just about any storyline. And unless you play at 2am-10am, there are always people around to hang out with. Some are great, some are mentally retarded.

That is probably the most honest assessment of Plat I've seen in a long time. It more than deserves seconding.

And it's not that I hate Plat or anything.. I don't HATE it. It's just not for me.

Skeeter
12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
fair enough Ponzz fair enough

The Ponzzz
12-05-2006, 09:16 PM
Chances are, PSS will come around again. If you never tried plat, best time to give it a whirl and get the full feel...

TheEschaton
12-05-2006, 09:52 PM
The thing I found annoying with Plat (which I tried for the free month back in the day) was that everyone was trying so hard to RP their character, and who they were, no one could or wanted to get involved in the lives of other characters. Like "Not now, dude, I'm too busy chalking my words on a chalkboard cause I'm a blind/deaf/mute dark elven bard."

-TheE-

LordKrystic
12-23-2006, 03:02 AM
Must be little Jon. Joys online all the time but she has a new SN now.