Ignot
12-03-2006, 10:55 AM
This is pretty addicting

RichardCranium
12-03-2006, 02:04 PM
I don't understand it.

Latrinsorm
12-03-2006, 02:33 PM
It's like risk. You can only attack an area that borders one of yours. There are multiple computer players. Unlike Risk, you can't fortify a position by moving troops from one area to another, the new recruits you get are placed randomly across the board, and the limit per area is 10 (I think, I didn't really count that carefully).

AestheticDeath
12-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah pretty addicting. Won a 6 player with ease, got my ass handed to me on a 8 player. Some of the die rolls dont make sense to me, what are the actual rules or whatnot?

Sometimes I attack another area with like half the dice of mine, and still lose.. Die rolls wind up being like 2x as high in his favor which didnt make sense.

And what determines how many new dice you earn over a turn?

Seran
12-03-2006, 03:11 PM
None of the online risk games come even close to beating the awesomeness of this game.

Only problem with the 7 and 8 player games is that the script sometimes bugs and certain colors won't attack other colors. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens. Makes world domination all the more challenging.

Sean of the Thread
12-03-2006, 03:34 PM
We should start a player's corner Trade Wars 2002 game.. that's a bad ass game.

Artha
12-03-2006, 03:40 PM
Excellent, I can now live out my world domination fantasies.

Latrinsorm
12-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Sometimes I attack another area with like half the dice of mine, and still lose.. Die rolls wind up being like 2x as high in his favor which didnt make sense.That's statistics for you.
And what determines how many new dice you earn over a turn?I don't know the exact quantitative nature of it, but you gain points for conquering a territory and lose points for losing a territory.

Solkern
12-03-2006, 03:54 PM
I think it's one dice per area you hold

Drew
12-03-2006, 04:58 PM
You get some dice for the land you control (not one for one) and also for the amount of dice of an enemy you destroy that turn.

Stanley Burrell
12-03-2006, 05:09 PM
I kept on pitting the cyans against the lime greens.

Just to properly quote Shao Kahn (four times):

"You weak, pathetic fool!"

"Don't make me laugh!"

"All too easy!"

"It's official, you Suck!"

And such. Kewl game.

AestheticDeath
12-04-2006, 11:01 PM
I now hate you for posting this game.

j/k

But.. has anyone looked at the main page and played some of the other games too? There is a domino thing where you try to hit the right starting domino and smash the tomato at the end... God its addicting too. I got to lvl 31... nothing even close to the high scores..

Ignot
12-05-2006, 09:14 PM
I can't stop playing....HELP!!!

Latrinsorm
12-05-2006, 09:37 PM
http://www.kdice.com

MULTIPLAYER

I'm pretty sure I like the original better though.

Speaking of, there's a very significant bonus attached to having contiguous territories.

TheEschaton
12-05-2006, 09:47 PM
Has anyone else figured out the rules?!?

Specifically, how many dice get added to your stacks, and what determines which stacks get added to?

-TheE-

Latrinsorm
12-05-2006, 09:49 PM
I'm almost positive it's only related to number of territories and number of isolated territories/groups.
And it's totally random, but you won't lose dice by trying to add one to a stack of 8, it'll just put it somewhere else.

AestheticDeath
12-05-2006, 10:23 PM
Yeah I figure its all random. Would love to designate where to put the new dice though. Would make it much easier.

TheEschaton
12-05-2006, 11:47 PM
I love watching my purple dice swarm over the board like a fucking plague. 7 players is the shit!

-TheE-

Drew
12-06-2006, 03:32 AM
I'm almost positive it's only related to number of territories and number of isolated territories/groups.
And it's totally random, but you won't lose dice by trying to add one to a stack of 8, it'll just put it somewhere else.

In fact if all your dice are 8 you start saving up your reinforcement dice. You can "save" about 40 or so.

Artha
12-06-2006, 08:20 AM
I totally owned this one game last night. Got it to the point where it was just me and the other guy with one die, so I kept passing my turn until all of my dice stacks were maxxed out.

Stanley Burrell
12-06-2006, 10:06 AM
I am solely placing blame upon this game's aftereffect as to why I didn't notice I poured curdled milk in my double-bagged English breakfast tea. And drank it.

This is doing the Tetris to my brain.

Latrinsorm
12-06-2006, 09:05 PM
The amount of bonus dice is simply the largest contiguous group of territories you control. Thus, if a player has two groups of 4, conquering one of his or her territories will have no effect on his or her bonus dice.

TheEschaton
12-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Huh. And any idea how they're placed?

I seem to feel like it's a function of how long you've held the space, as all my dice stacks seem to grow from the back of my territory, to the (battle) front.

-TheE-

AestheticDeath
12-06-2006, 09:34 PM
good idea - I will check and see how long I hold certain spaces..

AestheticDeath
12-06-2006, 09:36 PM
hmm - nah, mine were placed in some areas I had just taken over.. so that ideas out.

Ignot
12-06-2006, 09:53 PM
it all seems pretty random, i wouldnt spend to much time trying to figure out mechanics.

AestheticDeath
12-06-2006, 10:06 PM
holy fuck... Was playing this game where one color for the computer had basically stopped. And had 5 areas of 8 dice... just kept passing and 'saving' extra dice.. He finally got a chance to move out.. Spread one double tower out to successfully take over 5 other areas... and when he ended his turn, he had all 5 new areas and the original turn into double towers... Now that was awesome.

Artha
12-06-2006, 10:07 PM
I think the dice might be distributed randomly based on number of areas and number of total dice you have.

Latrinsorm
12-06-2006, 10:10 PM
The distribution is completely random. Areas you've held longer that do not experience combat will have more dice as a result.

Atlanteax
12-07-2006, 10:34 AM
This game, once you get the hang of it, is pretty easy.

Try to take a corner and wall the front line.

As it'll take awhile for the front line to wall up, leave an opening (1 dice terrority) for the AI to take and attack into your terriority. Then you take one of the stronger interior terriorities (ideally double-stacked) and attack your way out, forming a new front territory of a stack (hopefully 1.5).

Rinse and repeat until front line is walled.

Then you go for attrition.

TheEschaton
12-07-2006, 10:35 AM
yeah, taking the corner is pretty key.

Being patient and stacking up reserve dice - also key.

-TheE-

AestheticDeath
12-07-2006, 07:20 PM
I have never won by sitting and saving reserve dice.. But I do try and take a corner.. Normally doesnt work. I wind up trading spaces all the time.. Havent lost but like 3 of the last 20 though. For some reason I find it harder to win the games with only 2-3 people. Especially since I never get to go first.

Back
12-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Strategies...

Immediately claim connected territories.

If you have isolated dice, fuck up other connected territories.

Hold single path positions as well as possible.

Take territories where only stacks lower than yours are connected. The program will not attack with a lower stack than yours.

If a key position is held by a larger stack, and you can spare it, take the risk if the odds dictate there is a possibility of winning. 2 dice can win over 3, 4 dice can win over 6, etc.

Having the most territories means you can pass your turn and let the computer battle itself while you stock up.

Try not to fight two fronts. Work on eliminating the weaker one before going for the win.

When you get to a point where all your stacks are at 8, watch your attacks to make sure that if you lose, you will get all your 8 stacks back.

Knowing all that, when you get to you against the computer and you both have nothing but 8 stacks, and can regain them with reserves, its just a matter of how the dice roll.

Latrinsorm
12-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Having the most territories means you can pass your turn and let the computer battle itself while you stock up.Note that, as was identified previously, from time to time a computer opponent will make peace with another opponent (including the human at times) and absolutely refuse to attack him/her/it/Chuck Norris. This can be particularly infuriating when a computer opponent is sweeping to power and every other computer opponent begins to ignore it.

Plus we all know the RNG is fixed in the computer's favor.

Back
12-07-2006, 08:22 PM
Note that, as was identified previously, from time to time a computer opponent will make peace with another opponent (including the human at times) and absolutely refuse to attack him/her/it/Chuck Norris. This can be particularly infuriating when a computer opponent is sweeping to power and every other computer opponent begins to ignore it.

Plus we all know the RNG is fixed in the computer's favor.

No idea what the RNG is, but yeah, I’ve noticed certain colors will behave in a way that will or will not affect other colors. Do you think thats because the programmer programed in a color bias or a statistical bias?

Artha
12-07-2006, 08:24 PM
RNG = Random Number Generator...the thing that'd make this behavior random. Of course, it's not possible to generate a random number, and certainly not with Flash.

edit: My best strategy so far has been to immediately try to place a big stack of dice in a an isolated corner. These build up over time, and if anything gets there you can unleash the fury. Take out weak opponents. If they have a big stack, try to surround it with other (not yours) colors, so that you can take down the survivors if it attacks anything. Think like Machiavelli with dice.

Back
12-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Of course, it's not possible to generate a random number, and certainly not with Flash.

Well, I know Flash can. But I guess you mean the whole RNG process as a whole.

Artha
12-07-2006, 08:43 PM
Yeah. I know flash can do equations and whatnot, but I think maybe only a quantum computer can generate random numbers, and even that's iffy.

Ignot
12-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Is there a DS pushdown when faced with multiple die? Wait....im getting confused.

Artha
12-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Only if you didn't spec Prot.

Drew
12-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Of course, it's not possible to generate a random number, and certainly not with Flash.

I don't know if Flash can do it but any computer can generate a "random-enough" number for a game like this.

Artha
12-08-2006, 02:54 AM
Yeah, but that's still not random.

Drew
12-08-2006, 03:45 AM
Yeah, but that's still not random.

I agree, but a PRNG is close enough for a flash game.

AestheticDeath
07-29-2010, 07:53 PM
bumpola - was thinking about this and had to try it again - anyone recall what the other games were we had been linking around here about the same time?