PDA

View Full Version : I need help!

Jack
11-06-2003, 10:28 PM
Allright everyone, I need some help here. I need to design two cloaks, to be given as prizes for an upcoming event. The first is a prize for a Formal Ball Room Attire contest. Basicly, the person voted as best dressed wins a plaque, and this cloak.

The second is for a ball room dancing competition. Both are for the House of the Rising Phoenix. I'm really running short on time here, so I'll show you all what I have, and will gladly accept any ideas you have.

First Cloak

A long formal cloak:

Show: Quality mountain-rolton wool has been carefully blended with cotton fibers to create the thin, but stout material of this cloak. Charcoal grey dye has been used to give the cloak a subtle appearence, but the quality of workmanship shines through in all of the details. Thin black silk lines the inside of the cloak, and fine silver piping lines the edges. An intricately designed silver phoenix clasps the cloak loosely around the neck of the wearer, securing the cloak.

Second Cloak:

A midnight blue cloak:

Show:This light weight watered silk cloak has been speccifically designed for dancing. It is shorter than average, and the smooth silk will not interfere with movements. The deep midnight blue of the cloak is contrasted by the bright gold thread used in the hem. A stylized golden phoenix has been carefully crafted by a master jeweler, and clasps the cloak. Deep blue saphires are imbedded in the eyes of the phoenix, giving it a life-like appearence.

-Jack

(Edited because I wrote up a show for the second cloak)

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by Jack]

GuildRat
11-06-2003, 10:30 PM
Can ya change the mountain-rolton? I mean I know it's a sheep, and it's wool of sorts...but rolton in an alter?

EmpressBtch
11-06-2003, 10:54 PM
Too many sentences....it looks kinda I dunno...dull. Read a line. Read another one. Combine some of your descriptions.

Jack
11-06-2003, 11:08 PM
A few revisions, how's that?

A long formal cloak

Charcoal grey dye has been used to give an understated elegance to the quality mountain-rolton wool and cotton blend of the the thin, but stout material of this cloak. Thin black silk lines the inside of the cloak, and fine silver piping lines the edges offsetting the intricately designed silver phoenix which clasps the cloak loosely around the neck of the wearer, securing the cloak.

a midnight blue cloak

This light weight watered silk cloak has been speccifically designed for dancing with it's shorter than average cut and the smooth silk crafted so as not to interfere with movements. The deep midnight blue of the cloak is contrasted by the bright gold thread used in the hem. A stylized golden phoenix with delicately cut blue saphires imbedded into the eyes has been carefully crafted by a master jeweler, and clasps the cloak.

Jack
11-06-2003, 11:28 PM
Thanks Daina! I am no good working under pressure.... I gotta get this out tonight, or it'll still be in QC by the time the festival begins.

EmpressBtch
11-06-2003, 11:35 PM
I sent a U2U Jack....just in case someone in the contest sneaks a peek.

U2U'd the other one too

[Edited on 11-7-2003 by EmpressBtch]

AnticorRifling
11-07-2003, 10:12 AM
You do realize that dressed in only my boots, greatkilt and crown I'm certain to win as best dressed right? No need for all the wait I'll just take the cloak now.