PDA

View Full Version : Invasion

AestheticDeath
11-23-2006, 11:38 PM
Thanksgivin invasion in landing if anyones interested..

Sean of the Thread
11-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Gotta love swarms of turkeys that have a TD of 500 in town.

AestheticDeath
11-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Gotta love going from 625 DS to low 300s in milliseconds...

Tolwynn
11-24-2006, 12:09 AM
They should just have a gm e-peen simultaneously smite everyone in game and force a decay, it would save everyone loads of time, and be just as ig as killer turkeys and maize.

StrayRogue
11-24-2006, 02:43 AM
Since when have GMs been original or helpful, tho Tol?

Asha
11-24-2006, 05:01 AM
Some are, man.
Most aren't.

Fallen
11-24-2006, 09:14 AM
People were begging for these on the official boards. Some people like shit like this. I kid you not, people were BITCHING because of the lack of stupidly pointless invasions these days.

If you want to see a well run invasion, there is a storyline going on in Teras involving the Tritons. The only downside is the Temple is closed, so if you are 90+ you wont be making much exp outside the skirmishes.

Jolena
11-24-2006, 10:01 AM
Yah, don't forget that if you AREN'T 90+ you won't be doing much but dying randomly.

StrayRogue
11-24-2006, 10:57 AM
People were begging for these on the official boards. Some people like shit like this. I kid you not, people were BITCHING because of the lack of stupidly pointless invasions these days.

If you want to see a well run invasion, there is a storyline going on in Teras involving the Tritons. The only downside is the Temple is closed, so if you are 90+ you wont be making much exp outside the skirmishes.

Yeah. Theres too many kiss-asses on the officials, and too many OOC GMs listenening to them too.

The triton thing would interested me if they weren't already lifted from another gaming world.

Jolena
11-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Just because someone enjoys a random, pointless invasion once in a while doesn't mean they are 'kiss-asses'. You are very very quick to label someone with this particular name, Stay and I don't really get why. I mean, yah those invasions are dumb and OOC and I personally would rather not have them, but why does that mean that people who do are automatically 'kiss-asses'?

To be honest, the whole conversation on the officials started over a bunch of rats popping out of a box in Prime. The rats were overpowered and killed a bunch of folks and an uproar proceeded to wash over the 'bad and the ugly' thread about it with idiotic comments such as 'Gm's just want all of us to die at their leisure and they single us out!11one' (well not quite that way, but that was the jest of it).

Alfster
11-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Many of the threads that a GM pipes in on is soon followed by ass-kissers.

I think that's what he meant

Jolena
11-24-2006, 11:46 AM
I can agree with that, then.

Fallen
11-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Err, I had a thread that outlined the Triton invasion, but it was deleted in an Mod/admin accident. I dont have a copy of it, and it was long. Sorry.

zhelas
11-24-2006, 02:23 PM
The triton incursions make life on the rock interesting. It does get a bit annoying since the storyline hasn't moved on. Folks are beginning to think there might be a second entrance, since the Magus, Executioners and Scouts are getting into town un notice.

We have defenders at the whirlpool but the only things really that have come from there are water elementals. Some of us don't believe that the tritons are able to stealthful enough to slip past them.

zhelas
11-24-2006, 04:58 PM
A wall of water rushes in, knocking you off of your feet. The swirling waters sieze you!
P>
You feel yourself being pulled away...
[Northbound Tunnel]
Climbing gradually to the north, the tunnel bends to the east. A shallow crosshatch pattern gives the floor a safe footing and melds with the stone block carving of the tunnel walls. The faint echoes of rhythmic hammerfalls can be heard from upslope to the north.
Also here: Annachie who is lying down
Obvious exits: north, south

zhelas
11-24-2006, 05:26 PM
they reduced the tide and came up under the bridge.

Parkbandit
11-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Man.. I really miss that 'roleplaying' of killer turkeys during Thanksgiving invading Elanthia.

Good times.

:lol:

jpatter123
11-25-2006, 02:26 AM
They should just have a gm e-peen simultaneously smite everyone in game and force a decay, it would save everyone loads of time, and be just as ig as killer turkeys and maize.

sounds kinda like Terate.. point dead.. point dead.. glance at you point your dead. This isn't a new thing. Just changes forms from time to time.

Amaron
11-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Well apparently the story moved on last night. But if you cannot get through the whirlpool then you apparently will not be in on the story.

There was a robed Siren that apprently folks were negotiating with but only those close to cap who can get in there can participate.

Anyone else on teras is basically fodder.

sigh

Niima follower who really wanted to see this unfold.

Fallen
11-25-2006, 11:47 AM
This is the truth. The storyline did actually progress last night. A group went to speak with the Sergeant in town to alert the town forces to get ready for a fight. Lazy Fing dwarves said they were completely tapped. Should be a slaughter today.

Aaysia
11-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Well apparently the story moved on last night. But if you cannot get through the whirlpool then you apparently will not be in on the story.

There was a robed Siren that apprently folks were negotiating with but only those close to cap who can get in there can participate.

Anyone else on teras is basically fodder.

sigh

Niima follower who really wanted to see this unfold.

Can someone elaborate on the robed siren? I missed this :(

Amaron
11-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Can someone elaborate on the robed siren? I missed this :(

Sorry I cannot swim the whirlpool so I do not have details. Just snippets of what I heard.

Spent sometime today trying to find out what was going on but didn't get far.

K

Fallen
11-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Teras Invasion = Over.