PDA

View Full Version : Harmnone - Klaive Jr.?

Parkbandit
11-21-2006, 09:02 AM
Dear Harmnone,

How about you stop being the forum gustapo and let some threads.. even the ones you don't agree... evolve into a larger discussion? There are PLENTY OF examples of threads not being touched by you that have gone from one extreme to the other.. never having you cut and slash them up. OMG, the topic is this and someone mentioned that! OMG! CUT AND BURN IT NOW BEFORE IT GETS OUT OF HAND!?

Your 'job' here isn't to completely squelch posting.. it's supposed to be to administrate a message board. When a topic gets out of hand.. then you do your job. Mentioning fucking homeless in the same thread as the draft IS NOT that big of a deal where you need to step in and throw your misplaced 'responsibility and authority' around at your choosing.

Relax. It's a message board. Stop trying to make it something it's not.

HarmNone
11-21-2006, 09:05 AM
You haven't any clue what I agree with or what I do not agree with, Parkbandit. When a thread goes completely off topic, I will step in.

There are others on this board besides you. Some of those have indicated that they'd like to be able to have a reasonably sane discussion about serious topics.

Nieninque
11-21-2006, 09:17 AM
I kinda agree with PB.

Discussions are fluid, or at least are when they are natural discussions. Yes there are tangents from the original post, but that doesnt mean it is necessarily detrimental to the discussion. Most times, the tangent can add to a discussion (not always) and it is extremely hard to keep any kind of discussion on topic as has apparently been defined by the staff of the PC.

Yeah yeah, it is a privately owned board and the owner and staff can do what they want, blah blah blah, but it is kinda funny watching a discussion develop and then thinking "How long before HN does her "GET THIS THREAD BACK ON TOPIC" rant?" a few minutes before you do it.

Lets have all our threads last for about 5 responses and then fizzle out, for fear that someone posts something slightly off topic.

Parkbandit
11-21-2006, 09:18 AM
You haven't any clue what I agree with or what I do not agree with, Parkbandit. When a thread goes completely off topic, I will step in.

There are others on this board besides you. Some of those have indicated that they'd like to be able to have a reasonably sane discussion about serious topics.

You should listen to yourself Harmnone. There are others on this board besides you. Oh, and you've made it crystal clear about what you agree with and what you don't.

Now how about you do your job and either re-post my deleted posts and threads or send me a PM as to why you chose to censor stuff this morning.

crazymage
11-21-2006, 10:51 AM
http://slithytoves.sytes.net/~dave//gfx/whambulance.png

Skeeter
11-21-2006, 10:55 AM
George Michael?

also it's Gestapo not Gustapo. that is all.

SpunGirl
11-21-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm thinking this is why I avoid the politics folder all together.

-K

Stunseed
11-21-2006, 11:00 AM

-K

Seconded.

Bobmuhthol
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
I say we all post at http://bobmuhthol.dynalias.net/MetalForum instead.

HarmNone
11-21-2006, 11:54 AM

-K

You'd probably not be surprised, then, at how many people have voiced that same feeling - even people who might be interested in discussing politics, but feel it's impossible to have any kind of meaningful discussion of same here.

Parkbandit
11-21-2006, 11:57 AM
You'd probably not be surprised, then, at how many people have voiced that same feeling - even people who might be interested in discussing politics, but feel it's impossible to have any kind of meaningful discussion of same here.

You may want to actually take a look at the poll regarding moderating then. Clearly, you are in the clear minority.

DeV
11-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Clearly, you are in the clear minority.Honestly, PB, this is nothing new on the PC. When has HN EVER been in the majority?

I think an episode like this was long overdue, imo.

SpunGirl
11-21-2006, 03:00 PM
To be honest, aside from the general silliness, I CAN see both sides of the issue. And I won't pretend I've never made a post saying HEY THIS SUCKS WHATTUP FUCKERS because I have. Truth be told, I have mostly just stopped caring or feeling indignant or having feelings of righteous rage over board issues. Yay happy fun-time.

-K

Gan
11-21-2006, 04:05 PM

This response is kind of funny.

Voiced in what way?

They want to discuss politics but are discouraged because of the prevalent existence of off topic posts?

They want to discuss politics but are discouraged because of the prevalent existence of passionate posts that occur?

OR

They want to discuss politics but are discouraged because they might actually be forced to debate what they post, and the idea that someone might not agree with them scares the living shit out of them.

I think its option 3. And you're just using the assumption of 1 or 2 as a crutch to over-moderate or just cater to your own fan club/favorites.

Tisket
11-21-2006, 05:39 PM
Would someone kindly explain in a simple way what started this current witch hunt? I've never found HN to be unreasonable. I've been guilty of going quite off topic (Holocaust thread) and even as I was doing it I was thinking: "oh shit, I should just start a new thread...this is so off topic". So I get called on it...big fucking deal. So what's the issue exactly?

Gan
11-21-2006, 06:12 PM
For me it was this thread: (where my impression of favoritism and over-moderation was rekindled by HN's actions, it had happened before from my perspective in earlier threads, but it had died down for a bit so I did not press the issue)
http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?p=532489

At about post #25 you can see the efforts of HN taking sides with one of her PC pets. From there the thread suffered from divulging arguments and topics. It was then split into a tangent thread (MLK Tangent).

Further examples of over-moderation continued this morning in the thread http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthread.php?t=22025 and then subsequent posts/threads of PB being deleted by HN.

Since then, subsequent threads were started addressing the issue of over-moderation of threads.

Primary topic: Over moderation of threads/posts.

Hope this helps you on your journey to enlightenment of the mission of the day here on the PC.

(Suprisingly enough, there has been very little name calling)

Tisket
11-21-2006, 06:14 PM
(Suprisingly enough, there has been very little name calling)

SLACKERS!!!

ElanthianSiren
11-21-2006, 07:02 PM
I don't feel the boards are overmoderated.

-M

Back
11-21-2006, 07:07 PM
Comparing Harmnone to that moron is like comparing Jesus to Satan. Get real.

Gan
11-21-2006, 07:20 PM
Comparing Harmnone to that moron is like comparing Jesus to Satan. Get real.

I missed the comparison. Who's comparing HN to someone?

Oh, duh. NVMD. (lightbulb moment)