PDA

View Full Version : "Unlockable" Items?

Linsyia
11-15-2006, 04:54 PM
I've seen a few postings on playershops stating that a certain item is "locked". What does one mean by that?

I've seen some White ora weapons being labeled as IASHA weapons "locked".

Any details?

The Ponzzz
11-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Yes, they are scripts. Basically with the new script policy we have on off-the-shelf items. A merchant can UNLOCK the item to give it more scripts. The reasoning behind it is, the demand was becomign increasingly high for scripted items off the shelf which were consuming too much time, so in order to make that time worth while, the items can now be unlocked to further enhance our RP.

I hope that was informitive for you.

Linsyia
11-16-2006, 03:59 PM
Yes, they are scripts. Basically with the new script policy we have on off-the-shelf items. A merchant can UNLOCK the item to give it more scripts. The reasoning behind it is, the demand was becomign increasingly high for scripted items off the shelf which were consuming too much time, so in order to make that time worth while, the items can now be unlocked to further enhance our RP.

I hope that was informitive for you.

Can you define "off-the-shelf" items?

Theres been a cloak I've had for a while, but I have no idea if I can unlock it.

Thanks

Jolena
11-16-2006, 08:29 PM
Off-the-shelf items mean items that were purchased in an NPC shop from a pay event (or free event I guess) or from an NPC shop in a city. To my knowledge, items that are 'off-the-shelf' from an NPC shop in a pay event or festival are the only ones that have scripts to begin with and can be 'unlocked' but I could be wrong.

Linsyia
11-18-2006, 12:06 PM
Off-the-shelf items mean items that were purchased in an NPC shop from a pay event (or free event I guess) or from an NPC shop in a city. To my knowledge, items that are 'off-the-shelf' from an NPC shop in a pay event or festival are the only ones that have scripts to begin with and can be 'unlocked' but I could be wrong.

How about box found Items?

StrayRogue
11-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Items found in boxes dropped off monsters.

Linsyia
11-18-2006, 11:16 PM
Items found in boxes dropped off monsters.

I mean are they unlockable as well? =P

RichardCranium
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
No.

Jolena
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Though, there have been wandering merchants who have added scripts randomly to items that people have on them. It happened to Stun's character in plat, and he had his headband that he rolled the character with scripted. It is rare, but it happens.