PDA

View Full Version : Glitter Ice Caverns / Gossamer Valley

Sharnath
11-10-2006, 07:08 AM
I have been getting quite a few tasks taking me to the Glitter Ice Caverns and Gossamer Valley and I know little about these places and hear even less than that about them. Can anyone give me a bit of information about the snow madrinol, animated slush, and glacial morphs? Any information would be appreciated.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

TheEschaton
11-10-2006, 08:42 AM
They're about 50 trains. Morphs and Slushes are non-corporeal, IE, they don't crit, but all three are living.

Snow madrinols have an annoying tail whip maneuver, but they're the youngest creature in the area, so it doesn't take long to grow past it.

Morphs are like tanked warriors, I believe they have a charge or crush like maneuver?

Slushes are magical, throw lightning bolts, so if you heavier armor, watch yourself.

Plus environmental hazards IE, bitter cold, etc.

-TheE-

Celephais
11-10-2006, 10:31 AM
Not sure what profession you are, but from a point of a wizard...

Slushes are the best to leech, ton of mana on them and lower TD, Morphs are the oldest but they have a lot of mana too, the Madrinols have between 16-20ish mana, so not as good for leeching.

Madrinols are susceptible to unbalance crits, so hand of tonis on them is great, then acid or minor fire.

Slushes cannot be ignited, critted or kept on the ground (they can be knocked down but won't stay down). They also like to ewave...

Morphs are immolation candy, they will ignite and flare HARD, and they will lay down to put themselves out. They can swing over 350 AS, so light them up quick.

If you're a melee combatant I hear you need fire flaring weapons to be able to hurt them, and as already mentioned don't expect to crit kill anything but the madrinols.

Sharnath
11-10-2006, 07:06 PM
Bleh, I'm an ambushing ranger with a crit weighted weapon.. I suppose I'll look for a fire flaring weapon or just avoid the place. It's been a long time since I had to hunt anything by hacking on it. Thanks for the information and if anyone else has anything to add I would appreciate that as well.

Sharnath
Weed Mage

Ignot
11-10-2006, 09:36 PM
Slushes also major ewave. Oh, and if you do any foraging tasks i find that most things are either in the very first room on the way to gossamer valley (use location verb) or in that little cave that you have to jump into.

I have only hunted it as a pure which is insanley easy but my rogue friend has trouble there. Good luck.