PDA

View Full Version : Archery Paladin

Tyrael
11-06-2006, 04:41 PM
I am contemplating the viability of an archery paladin. It would seem that the TPs required would end up more like 150 armor, 2xArchery, 2x CM, 1x Physical, 1x Dodge.

It seems the paladin is very much aimed towards weapon/shield but I would like some input on doing some alternative creations.

Asha
11-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Double perception also.
Is there any profession that can't do that?

How's a paladins ability to train in ambush? If it's good then definately look at that too.

Olanan
11-06-2006, 06:41 PM
I am contemplating the viability of an archery paladin. It would seem that the TPs required would end up more like 150 armor, 2xArchery, 2x CM, 1x Physical, 1x Dodge.

It seems the paladin is very much aimed towards weapon/shield but I would like some input on doing some alternative creations.

Less CM. It doesn't boost archery AS.

Asha
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
And any archery CMs are a fuck load of a waste of time.

Tyrael
11-06-2006, 06:53 PM
I'll roll up some figures and see what I can get. Does anyone know the equations for archery AS?

Tyrael
11-06-2006, 07:01 PM
150 Armor, 2x Ranged, 1x CM, 1x Ambush, 1x Physical, 1x Dodge

I get around 450 AS with 5x gear. I actually don't know a whole lot about ranged attacks. I am swinging 550 AS right now with 5x falchion, is -100 AS still viable if it is ranged?

Artha
11-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Ranged AS is different because it's based on bolt DS, which is lower for (almost?) everything.

Tyrael
11-06-2006, 07:27 PM
Could someone post me the defense of a War Griffin or anything from the new Teras creatures?

AestheticDeath
11-06-2006, 08:28 PM
War griffin has the lowest ranged DS of any creature in OTF proper from what I recall. Seriously easy to kill.

The 100 giant rogue I have, has a 498 ranged AS right now, and he can hit anything in OTF. Haven't tried teras temple area. Only way for him to get it higher is with enhancers as far as I know. A capped paladin shouldnt be far behind him. I think paladins are only able to single ambush and double perception, which means you lose out on 24-25 AS, depending on how it rounds. Other then that, your paladin spells should make up for some of it. Dauntless should work with the bow(right?) - thats 10 AS. Zealot should work.. that will take you over what a like race rogue could get. I doubt sanctify works on bows..

Honestly I doubt archery is the best choice for a paladin. Its doable, but other weapons most likely give a greater benefit. Ranged is the most expensive weapon for paladins..

As far as CMANs, I would recommend wspec1, for arrows(11 AS), and surge(lower your RT), especially if your halfling... halfling will have a higher AS, but a higher RT as well. As a halfling youd need max strength stat, max cman surge, and get strength(509), then use a composite bow to get 3 second RT. You can get those and something else by singling in CM.

AestheticDeath
11-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Search the Deaths folder for logs on OTF. There are tons of them, look for my name, for the ranged rogue I used there, Or ASH, for the ranged sorcerer he used in OTF. Should be plenty toward the end.

Tyrael
11-06-2006, 08:39 PM
I really don't like how how paladins are laid out right now. It seems like unless you are doing weapon/shield combo you are going to be somewhat up a creek. I played two-handed for awhile but you just get beat up a lot and either need a really nice healer or an alt account ( which I am not really thrilled about the concept ).