PDA

View Full Version : When the armor changes come in.

Boris
11-06-2006, 01:12 PM
Warden stated that heavy armor affecting hiding changes will come in sometime soon. As with the case for dodge being the main skill that determines CMAN defense. In all cases, how would changes in hiding hinderance and armors affect the balance of power in squares?

StrayRogue
11-06-2006, 01:18 PM
Another inane thread.

Please post the source of Warden's statement. A copy of the actual thing would be best.

Sean of the Thread
11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
Would certainly turn A LOT of peoples gs worlds upside down. I can hear the cries coming already.

Lucos
11-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Warden stated that heavy armor affecting hiding changes will come in sometime soon. As with the case for dodge being the main skill that determines CMAN defense. In all cases, how would changes in hiding hinderance and armors affect the balance of power in squares?

I wouldn't expect to see any changes to hiding until a year or two out. Sometime soon could = 2 years in GS time, so you may be right if you look at it like that. And dodge skill = main cman defense...yea right. The best CMAN defense is to train in more CM. I think you are talking about maneuver attacks by critters, not CMANs.

Stunseed
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
The Dodge/CM issue is another one supposedly in the works.

Fallen
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Heh. I am waiting to see what happens to all those full plate ambushing rogues once these mechanics changes happen...if they ever happen.

Things2Come
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
Heh. I am waiting to see what happens to all those full plate ambushing rogues once these mechanics changes happen...if they ever happen.

They'll all walk around in full plate shooting 3 second longbows in the right eye for one shot kills.

If anything, they need to nerf archery.

Stunseed
11-06-2006, 04:26 PM
< If anything, they need to nerf archery. >

Not that I want to stir the pot, but...

BECAUSE IT'S UNFAIR TO WIZARDS!!!one

Sorry, I'll behave now.

StrayRogue
11-06-2006, 04:28 PM
They'll all walk around in full plate shooting 3 second longbows in the right eye for one shot kills.

If anything, they need to nerf archery.

Please get a high level square and learn wtf you're talking about.

Oh and take your incessant whining back to the officials.

Atlanteax
11-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Another inane thread.

Please post the source of Warden's statement. A copy of the actual thing would be best.

Warden did post it.

*When* combat manuevers are moved closer to utilizing dodge/encumberance as opposed to level, penalties for wearing heavier armors (particularly plate) will be addressed.

About the same time, I'd expect Warden to follow through on implementing penalties to heavier armors (again particularly plate) in regard to hiding/stalking.

Asha
11-06-2006, 05:09 PM
Why were they allowed to wear plate and ambush for this long if it was so prepostrous?
Armor training was integral to them as much as all squares in their defences against casting, pvp and hunting.
This would be a harsh change for so many rogues to deal with. And another way to prove that comparing GS to real life, especially in a professions specialized ability.. is stupid.

Lucos
11-06-2006, 06:24 PM

It's not that most hiding/ambushing rogues want to be in plate. At this time, the game dictates that if you want to perform capped hunting with any level of success (barring 100 million silver toys) you need to be in plate class armor if you are a square.

The whole idea of hiding in a room full of critters/players if a fucking joke anyway. They need to implement a full-fledged back-stabbing/open combat ambush system and only allow ambushing from hiding if you sneak into the room for super-massive damage.

I eagerly await the day ambushing/hiding/plate armor issue is fixed with rogues. Then I can be a real rogue and I can sell my 140 mil plate for more toys!

Asha
11-06-2006, 06:35 PM
I eagerly await the day they realise how could any pure cast shit with a cloak full of 9 boxes, armour as enveloping as doubles and a staffin their hand.

Lucos
11-06-2006, 06:48 PM
I'd like to know who started the pocketed cloak crap anyway. I can see a frickin watch-pocket in a cloak, but pockets so big you can fit 100+ pounds of crap in there?

Artha
11-06-2006, 07:36 PM
I'm pretty sure most of the spells break the law of conservation, so I can't wait until they realise the GS universe is fundamentally broken and remove pures and semis.

Ignot
11-06-2006, 07:53 PM
I think they should make GS as close to real life as possible. Just imagine, I can wake up, go to work, come home, log on to GS then wake up and go to work in game!! All while staying in character of course. How exciting would that be!

At least pures don't have to worry about changes to dodge/cman, we are still gonna get pwned...

Asha
11-06-2006, 08:21 PM
It's bullshit. All professions should suffer from armour related penalties wether it's a rogue in plate from hiding or a pure casting anything with 9 boxes under his arms.

Artha
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
Just imagine, I can wake up, go to work, come home, log on to GS then wake up and go to work in game!! All while staying in character of course. How exciting would that be!
Essentially you can go to typing

kill kobold
loot kobold

from typing

int main
{
cout >> "hello world.\n";
return 0;
}

Ignot
11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
lol

AestheticDeath
11-06-2006, 08:44 PM
It's not that most hiding/ambushing rogues want to be in plate. At this time, the game dictates that if you want to perform capped hunting with any level of success (barring 100 million silver toys) you need to be in plate class armor if you are a square.

The whole idea of hiding in a room full of critters/players if a fucking joke anyway. They need to implement a full-fledged back-stabbing/open combat ambush system and only allow ambushing from hiding if you sneak into the room for super-massive damage.

I eagerly await the day ambushing/hiding/plate armor issue is fixed with rogues. Then I can be a real rogue and I can sell my 140 mil plate for more toys!

If by successful, you mean.. never dying. Sure. But I hunted OTF fairly well in brig. And little to no spells. Didn't do any worse than I did in breastplate.

Gan
11-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Damn, I need to hurry up and sell this 6.5x imflass mbp project I'm trying to finish them.

Jolena
11-06-2006, 10:37 PM
Hehe, +32 imflass MBP ftw. I have a set as well, done by Keyvon just about 3 weeks prior to the enchanting changes, thankfully.