PDA

View Full Version : Archery testing

Trinitis
11-06-2003, 04:02 PM
Ok, I did some testing today on archer stuff..and I came up with the following, if someone would take a few min of time to do a compairable test and see if they get the same results (prefer someone older then my rogue, who is only 13 in test.)

I found that doublin in ranged, and singling in edged. I get no bonus to DS for having an arrow in my right hand (and a longbow in the left) while in stance d. But I do get a DS bonus (parry DS I'd guess) for the same set up, in stance o.

I tested this with brawling, and had a different outcome. Left hand bow, right hand empty, no DS changes at all in any stance. a touch depressing really.

-Adredrin

Tendarian
11-06-2003, 04:14 PM
I think the PTB said in the archery docs that when you hold a ranged weapon in your left hand(and get the ranged DS),the parry ds of your right hand is ignored.

Trinitis
11-06-2003, 04:34 PM
where can I find the archery docs? :)

-Adredrin

Tendarian
11-06-2003, 04:37 PM
Archery Defense Strength (DS)
Holding the bow or crossbow in the left hand is the first requirement of defense for an archer, providing the archer with a measure of defense to represent that the archer is attempting to remain at range. Weapon skill for right hand weapons (or brawling skill if the right hand is empty) is ignored while Archer Defense is in effect. Other than that, archers calculate their Defense Strength the same way as any other character, using the Evade, Block, and Parry examples in the Combat Guide.

Here is the part the applies to what we are talking about and here is the thread where it is posted.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/viewthread.php?tid=2271