PDA

View Full Version : Ebon Gate Stores open till Sunday Night!!!!

zhelas
11-03-2006, 09:55 AM
From the Official Boards!!!

Hey all!

I hope you're enjoying Ebon Gate: The Return of Velathae as much as we've enjoyed putting it together for you!

The festival technically "closes" on Friday night at 9:30pm EST (read: not likely to be merchants after this time), but I will leave it open for you to do your last minute shopping (and digging!) until Sunday night.

Do not forget to pick up your alteration scroll.

ENJOY!!

~ Kitrina

This message was originally posted in Quests, Sagas and Events, Ebon Gate Festival. To discuss the above follow the link below.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=102&category=12&topic=5&message=9539

Augie
11-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Kitrina is my hero.

Snapp
11-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Nice. I haven't even had time to make it to all the shops yet thanks to work, so I'm very grateful for this. :up:

StrayRogue
11-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Shame theres been hardly any merchants all week.

zhelas
11-03-2006, 10:24 AM
More Digging!!!! Oi I think i have spent atleast 500k digging

Fallen
11-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Night before last had a TON of merchants, Stray. Yesterday was a bit lacking, but not too bad. Several nice raffles.

Celephais
11-03-2006, 01:46 PM
More Digging!!!! Oi I think i have spent atleast 500k digging

Find anything good? Have people found anything good? I've spent a good amount between all the games and seen crap... people have stated "goats" as the end all/be all prize of the skulls, that seems like a waste to me (they aren't goat pins)

zhelas
11-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Find anything good? Have people found anything good? I've spent a good amount between all the games and seen crap... people have stated "goats" as the end all/be all prize of the skulls, that seems like a waste to me (they aren't goat pins)

5 Blank imbeddables, about 10 to 20 nice gems, a vibrant autum scarf (dancing script scarf), which I will probably sell or give it to my sorcerer's fiancee. Lots of cracked crystal skulls, Ivory Skeleton Parrots and way too many gold shovel pins. I have heard some folks get some weapons but nothing special. I know some have spent close to a million out there.

I actually prefer the trick or treating. I got some interesting stuff there.

Celephais
11-03-2006, 02:34 PM
Those parrots good for anything? I got one and found it pretty useless.

I've certainly found trick or treating to be more rewarding... just wish there wasn't a limit on it or I would use it as a hunting ground.

zhelas
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Those parrots good for anything? I got one and found it pretty useless.

I've certainly found trick or treating to be more rewarding... just wish there wasn't a limit on it or I would use it as a hunting ground.

No idea I had 6 of the blasted things and they were useless, you couldn't even sell them. I am sure the limit on the trick or treating was to prevent the treasure from being stripped by power hunters. Fun place though. I have run into creatures that were 30 trains over my head. Especially since they escaped from older trick or treaters.

StrayRogue
11-03-2006, 02:45 PM
How does that trick or treat thing work?

zhelas
11-03-2006, 02:53 PM
Go to the Winter Wren Estates. Make sure you are prepared incase you run into an angry spirit that wants to kill you. Leave one hand empty. Some of the doors you will get treats, prizes, treasure, etc. Others will have a spirit come out to attack you. The training of the spirit that attacks you is based off your current level. The area is not level specific so you can have level 1 to level 100 adventurers there. If a spirit that is confronting a 100 trained adventurer runs into your room.. Well it can get messy.... Cool place

zhelas
11-03-2006, 03:05 PM
One last thing and this is from the Official boards on the trick or treating.

posted by GS4-Elnath
You get 6 of each (trick and treat) per hour. Or one of each every ten minutes :P

StrayRogue
11-03-2006, 03:10 PM
That is very cool. Gonna go check it out now.
What sort of treasure is being found?

zhelas
11-03-2006, 03:32 PM
You can get a lot of junk. But I got 4 items that I might keep can't really give you an accurate description of them since I am at work.

Rheisia posted on the official boards that she recieved a broomstick.

Augie
11-03-2006, 03:37 PM
That is very cool. Gonna go check it out now.
What sort of treasure is being found?

I got some really cool altered half-gauntlets. I posted them on the official boards.

Celephais
11-03-2006, 03:40 PM
The creatures can drop boxes too! And you don't need one hand open, if you don't have a free hand your treat will be placed on the ground.

zhelas
11-03-2006, 03:42 PM
The creatures can drop boxes too! And you don't need one hand open, if you don't have a free hand your treat will be placed on the ground.

cool didn't know that...

Sean of the Thread
11-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Lol that place is great. I got fucked up a bit because I'm wearing no armor or shield but too bad it isn't unlimited.. be a good hunting spot.

Got handed a cool tome 6 pages and not a damned thing in it. I think I'll stay here until it closes.

You put a waterlogged warped black tome with ink smeared pages in your sack.
You turn to page 6 of your warped black tome.
>read tome
The ink-smeared pages of the tome are impossible to decipher.

Sean of the Thread
11-03-2006, 05:22 PM
Nice you can animate the baddies.

StrayRogue
11-03-2006, 07:26 PM
On my first pull:

a sleeveless linen robe trimmed with auburn ermine

VLA cloakworn.

Sean of the Thread
11-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Lucky fucker. I havn't found shit really but I plan on staying until closing and it sure as hell beats digging.

zhelas
11-04-2006, 07:24 AM
a withered cockatrice claw dangling dried sinew
a string of glossy jade beads
a ragged coal black hood dangling bits of dull red string
a pair of wire-framed spectacles
a slender sparrow bone writing stylus

zhelas
11-04-2006, 07:40 AM
a cracked shell-inlaid hoan case
bright blue wooden ball
gold filigreed key

zhelas
11-04-2006, 09:47 PM
a sleeveless linen robe trimmed with auburn ermine
heavily cowled slate grey cotton robe

ELO
11-04-2006, 10:36 PM
The gold filigreed key is a locklore imbed.

Tolwynn
11-04-2006, 11:40 PM
a glossy paper elven princess doll
a bright red tissue paper rose
a cracked femur drinking cylinder with broken edges
a dusky yellow woven straw yierka
a simple line drawing of a fuzzy kitten on faded parchment
a dagged dark linen skirt riddled with scorch marks
a dirty brown rag doll with a floppy yarn head
a frilly off-white lace bonnet
a dark silver-buttoned vest with fraying armholes

probably a couple others I missed that weren't duplicated above

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2006, 12:12 AM
So far I've hit all over those except the key. I guess nothing but shit drops.

Elvenlady
11-05-2006, 04:29 AM
Found all the above except the stylus which I would actually love to get!

Also found a rusty tin cup with a bent spoon handle, two pairs of trousers one beige with patched knees and one grey with ragged cuffs. The pawnshop takes most of it.

Will keep trying for the stylus, cos well.. it's just too much fun!

Tolwynn
11-05-2006, 06:20 AM
Just pulled this trick-or-treating:

a twisted black willow-handled mirror
Braided black willow switches create a twisted framework for a highly polished copper disk. Each crooked willow end curves across the reflective disk as though the branches are clutching it possessively along the back, while remaining open in the front. A slender black handle, carved to resemble a withered old hand, is wrapped with a thin piece of braided silver and grey ribbon, whose ends are ragged and frayed.

Probably going to keep at it until they close the fest, at this rate.

AestheticDeath
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Anyone of you wanna pick up some bracers for me? I would appreciate it.

Anailea
11-05-2006, 11:59 AM
did someone figure out what the stylus can do? I know that turning it tells me that I can't write on that, so I tried finding various pieces of paper, but I couldn't write on any of them.

zhelas
11-05-2006, 02:09 PM
did someone figure out what the stylus can do? I know that turning it tells me that I can't write on that, so I tried finding various pieces of paper, but I couldn't write on any of them.

haven't tried to write runes with it

Jolena
11-05-2006, 03:26 PM
You can nibble on it thoughtfully just like you can with quills. I'd have thought it worked with the WD books,personally.

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2006, 07:08 PM
A spectral hand reaches out from the darkness behind the cherrywood door and hands you a chipped black glass mirror!
>peer mirror
You peer into the mirror...

You see Xyelin Cal'thek.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He appears to be very young and tall. He has silver-flecked sea green eyes and golden brown skin. He has long, wavy silver hair swept back from the temples. He has a narrow face, a sloping nose and high cheekbones.

Fallen
11-05-2006, 09:46 PM
We found 4 boxfound items. A jackal, a parchment with a show, a knuckebone ball, and a snowflake.

Sean of the Thread
11-05-2006, 09:53 PM
I found a couple box found items from the critter drops but they sucked and I left them laying at tables.

Miss X
11-06-2006, 05:55 AM
ZOMG I love these vambraces!! Chica now has 104 STR and 107 ranks of brawling! Yummy!

zhelas
11-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Bought a lot of feathers from the Leaf and Flower shop since my ranger can cut them up and use them while he makes arrows.

Absolutly love my bow that takes major and minor acid wands

poison ring - hopefully they will accept my alter request

games, digging, trick or treating. Work bogged me down so I missed the merchants but still all in all, I enjoyed this festival better than the Anfelt