PDA

View Full Version : Great GM post: Tips for Legrit

Fallen
10-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Legrit will be doing work for many customers over the festival so I thought to give some helpful advice on how to be prepared for my particular merchant.

I will be spinning for people that will receive their choice of an item alteration (anything except sonics, pets, instruments, and non-alterables), feature alteration (except wings), or tattoo. Whenever I spin I will announce as such and then wait 5-10 minutes before choosing the people. I reset whom I will work for daily.

I am not nearly as skilled with words as many of the other talented GMs that work here. I also value keeping my line moving at a brisk pace and performing services for as many people as possible. As such I will NOT be creating my own show descriptions. I ask that you come prepared with what you want done or ask your fellow players for ideas. I will help you clean up your work if required. This will help keep pace up so that a greater number of customers can be served. If you wish to be dazzled by custom descriptions written for you there will be other very qualified merchants at the festival whom you may ask to help you out.

I am not the creator of the wonderful wigs present at the festival. I did however end up altering many of them during my time in Plat. Be sure to re-read ALTER 23 so that you know the correct way to format the hair alterations which these wigs follow.

The most consistently rejected alteration is one that does not follow ALTER 21. There will be no warrior's backpacks or doomguard's loincloths. Please keep this in mind when designing your alterations.

If you are fond of eonake or eahnor or some other rare metal be sure to buy a bunch of little trinkets made from these materials whenever possible. Often stockpiling eonake combs will be helpful when you want that eonake-clasped dream item.

It is possible that your newly won auction item will not be alterable. Buy an auction item for what it currently is, not what it might become. Consider it an added bonus if you are able to alter your auction item.

I look forward to seeing you all in the festival!

- Sinden

Fallen
10-26-2006, 08:03 PM
I wish all GMs were as straight forward and professional in explaining their merchant style.

Asha
10-26-2006, 09:18 PM
That is actually pretty good.
No fuss and keeps the lines moving, so long as you do actually see his post.

Stunseed
10-26-2006, 09:26 PM
Sinden is the quite possibly the easiest merchant I've ever worked with. No bullshit, no "improvision", just give it, show a little RP, go on about your way.

Plat has given him nothing but GREAT reviews. He's good folk.

Mighty Nikkisaurus
10-27-2006, 12:13 AM
This is awesome.

Augie
10-27-2006, 08:32 AM
That's a great post. I wish everyone thought to do things that way to make it easier.