PDA

View Full Version : Sea of Fire

Orendis
11-10-2003, 06:13 PM
The Sea of Fire would be a pretty unique area. Tehir villages, endless desert, maze-like sands...

...of course, this will probably get built after a logical southward expansion into Turamzzyr is finished. Which is to say "probably never."

Tierus's Dream Daemon

Halfsilver
11-10-2003, 06:15 PM
This would be the path they would have to take if they were ever going to build Ta'Faendryl or the Dhe'nari capitol.

It would be a huge expansion, though...much more complex than EN.

Wyrdeep Forest, Sea of Fire...all the Imperial provinces and cities.

Yeah that would definitely be nice.

-grays/d

StrayRogue
11-10-2003, 06:20 PM
Pointless though really. Most the expansions done to GS have not spread the populace any thinner really. The hub of all activity is still Wehnimer's Landing, a small outpost that is for some reason bigger than Ta'Vaalor. Nice pipe dream.

Kestrel
11-10-2003, 10:36 PM
If the Sea of Fire, Wyrdeep, or the environs around New Ta'Faendryl are ever released.. I sincerely hope that no major settlements/cities are actually included in those release, instead letting them focus around hunting areas and small, MINOR outposts.

A lot of the intrigue and mistique associated with the great elven cities was taken away when Ta'Illistim and Ta'Vaalor became PC-accessible cities.

I hope that the same mistake is never made with Tamzyrr. Or the city of Vornavis. Or Yuriquen. Or countless other "big names", geographically and culturally speaking.

Orendis
11-12-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Kestrel
If the Sea of Fire, Wyrdeep, or the environs around New Ta'Faendryl are ever released.. I sincerely hope that no major settlements/cities are actually included in those release, instead letting them focus around hunting areas and small, MINOR outposts.

A lot of the intrigue and mistique associated with the great elven cities was taken away when Ta'Illistim and Ta'Vaalor became PC-accessible cities.

I hope that the same mistake is never made with Tamzyrr. Or the city of Vornavis. Or Yuriquen. Or countless other "big names", geographically and culturally speaking.

I wholeheartedly agree with this viewpoint. The mystique is important. And furthermore, StrayRogue noted something that has occurred to me numerous times: we don't really need more rooms at the moment, we need more players to fill those rooms. Then we can expand.

Tierus's Dream Daemon

Andrath
10-10-2005, 11:26 PM
I think that'd be great, isnt there another isle off of the turazz empire? yea, i think they should focus the hunting areas and make minor outposts like pinefar also...that'd be great also for the elven history books

Artha
10-10-2005, 11:36 PM
...almost 2 years later.

Nilandia
10-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Andrath
I think that'd be great, isnt there another isle off of the turazz empire? yea, i think they should focus the hunting areas and make minor outposts like pinefar also...that'd be great also for the elven history books
Kezmon Isle no longer exists. It sank beneath the ocean.

Nilandia

Fallen
10-10-2005, 11:49 PM
This would be the path they would have to take if they were ever going to build Ta'Faendryl or the Dhe'nari capitol. >>

This game isn't really set up to support a town like Sharath. Any non-collared pakra'a would be rounded up and enslaved by press gangs, Dhe'nar could kill with impunity, ect.

It just wouldn't work.

The Ponzzz
10-11-2005, 01:36 PM
As much as I am racial in game to dark elves, what Fallen has said is true. Creating the jungle city for the Dhe'nar would be nearly impossible. People wouldn't just be denied access, they would be enslaved and/or killed.

But whether spreading the population of players thin is bad, is yet to be decided. I honestly think making the entire land mass accessable should be done... Maybe not allowing access to the various cities and towns. It would take alot of time, but that's what groups like ALAE should be doing.

What was the last thing ALAE was used for? The PROs? I read somewhere they were getting a new job...

Makkah
10-11-2005, 01:52 PM
Fuck the Dhe'nar... New Ta'Faendryl might be interesting. Sea of Fire for the win.

10-11-2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah, I agree with Makkah. Even though I play a Faendryl, a desert area in GS would be wicked fucking cool.

- Arkans

StrayRogue
10-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Holy retarded bump Batman.

Amaron
10-11-2005, 02:05 PM
ALAE is working did the meeting halls... they are working on the individual pro halls and I am sure something else.. I just haven't finished my area so I am not in the total know yet..

soon..

J

Fallen
10-11-2005, 05:48 PM
Agreed. New Ta'Faendryl is certainly possible if the GMs were willing to spend a metric ton of time attempting to really capture the feel of the place.

The Ponzzz
10-11-2005, 06:04 PM
As it is said right now, NO new towns will be created anymore. Hybrid towns will be as time goes on... This was given by Mikos that he would one day want to create all the Human Empire cities as hybrids...

Also, back with the real old forums we had, it was stated that huge additions to the world would not be down until a large flux of players either come back or start anew.... My guess is every 300-500 players would create a new town...

And one more thing... Anyone that snuck into Mestanir saw that town. For the few streets created, it looked great! The Church of Koar could play a huge add on to GS RP right now. When we had that mystery town soon to be, I was thinking, it's GOTTA be Mestanir. Jantalar has been liberated from the town with the destruction of the Mandis Crystal in the area, gnomes lived there and it just made sense! But then they open some half ass town for the new creatures in GS...BLAH! And without an expansion on the fucking Kiramon!!!