PDA

View Full Version : WTB 5x light crossbow

Nakiro
11-04-2003, 04:46 AM
Buying a 5x light crossbow. Find me in game, or AIM MetaphorMan13 if you've got one to sell.

Thanks in advance,
Nakiro

Nakiro
11-04-2003, 04:52 AM
I forgot to mention that I'm also interested in getting a scriber of some kind too. If you've got one for sale, let me know. Please know what it looks like, and what the scribing looks like too.

Thanks again,
Nakiro

AnticorRifling
11-04-2003, 08:16 AM
Piggybackin this thread. Looking for a good heavy crossbow and a scriber as well. :cool:

Wezas
11-04-2003, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling
Piggybackin this thread. Looking for a good heavy crossbow and a scriber as well. :cool:

You forgot to add that you'll pay more then Nakiro is offering, Anticor.

AnticorRifling
11-04-2003, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Wezas

Originally posted by AnticorRifling

You forgot to add that you'll pay more then Nakiro is offering, Anticor.

I probably can't compete with anyone in a bidding war. I'm just letting it be known that I'm looking and making another thread about the same thing seemed a bit redundant.

Drew2
11-04-2003, 09:28 AM
I'll sell you my scriber but all your arrows/bolts will say "Tayre".

Then again... you might WANT to blame any results of your arrows/bolts on me....

Halfsilver
11-04-2003, 10:49 AM
The name scriber changes to match the person who is holding it...

just to let ya know.

AnticorRifling
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Tayre
I'll sell you my scriber but all your arrows/bolts will say "Tayre".

Then again... you might WANT to blame any results of your arrows/bolts on me....

I'll buy it, and shut up Halfsilver you're gonna ruin this deal heh :cool:

Halfsilver
11-04-2003, 11:36 AM
Hell, I have access to teh Ranger Shop in EG.

I'll pick up scribers for whoever needs them.

Name scribers or the assortment of about 30 other ones that do different designs.

-grays/d

AnticorRifling
11-04-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver
Hell, I have access to teh Ranger Shop in EG.

I'll pick up scribers for whoever needs them.

Name scribers or the assortment of about 30 other ones that do different designs.

-grays/d
'
If you could list them that would be huge I need at least one maybe two for my sniper.

Tendarian
11-04-2003, 11:50 AM
I thought the ones at EG were for scribing ranger imbeds and the ones from the AF were for ranged bolts or arrows?

Halfsilver
11-04-2003, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by AnticorRifling'
If you could list them that would be huge I need at least one maybe two for my sniper.

>look in case
In the oak case you see a sharp bone saw, a narrow rat skewer, a barnacled marlin spike, a heavy hooked carving knife, a steel punching dagger, a ceremonial oak knife, a jagged golden spike, a sharp splitting wedge and a fire-hardened willow spike.

>look on count
On the wooden counter you see a jagged griffin talon, a dagged mirror shard, a jagged bronze spike, a chipped iron wedge, a rhimar-tipped iron icepick, a hooked-beak carving tool, a ruby-chipped steel chisel, a steel carving awl, a honed petrified wood fragment and a leaf-bladed carving knife.

>look in case
In the velvet case you see an ivory-inlaid jeweled scriber.

All scribers are 10k except the jeweled one which is 50k.

Jeweled Scriber is a name scriber.

The others do random designs. The only two designs I know are:

a leaf-bladed carving knife
>look my knife
Etched into the knife is a stone sentinel wrapped in three ivy wreaths

>tap my spike
You tap a fire-hardened willow spike.
>look my spike
Etched into the spike is a seven rayed sun

IM me or U2U me with what ya want.

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Halfsilver]

Tendarian
11-04-2003, 01:58 PM
I remember looking for months for a 5x light crossbow,seems most archers prefer the heavy crossbows. I did finally get one but i wouldnt give it up for anything. Just keep on the trail and eventually someone will want to sell.

Nakiro
11-04-2003, 10:40 PM
Feh, Laccon offered to sell me a 6x heavy crossbow for 6m Anticor. If you want to get in touch with him and you've got some extra cash you'd like to throw away, he'd probably sell it.

I got a ranger one too. Only works on ranger created items, so no good there. I think the golden reed scriber is the one that does names though, and there are a lot that add personal marks, etc.
I like the light crossbow because in GS4 (hopefully) I"ll be using it as a suplimentary attack. You know, 1106 until they're stunned, and then shot in the eye while they're on the ground rolling around in their own blood. <g>

As for you Tayre, I'd be happy to scribe your name on a few arrows. I'll also make sure you get a good look in the eye with them, so you know I did the job right <nudge>.

Edaarin
11-04-2003, 11:09 PM
6m is ridiculous. I saw an 8x crossbow floating around a few months ago, I'm not sure whatever became of it.

Nakiro
11-05-2003, 01:52 AM
No kiddin', that's why I passed him up on it.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there is a way to set your preferences so you don't have to view posts that you've already read? I'm kind of new to these boards, if my level and urchin status hasn't indicated such well enough yet <g>

Nak

Adhara
11-05-2003, 02:27 AM
All the EG scribers are for ranger imbued wands only. They do not work on arrows and bolts. Posted on the boards by Khaladon.

Halfsilver
11-05-2003, 07:46 AM
I didn't know that. Hrm.

Showal
04-20-2004, 03:54 AM
does anyone know what the "a narrow rat skewer" scribes? if anyone has one, i'd be willing to purchase it.

FinisWolf
04-20-2004, 04:10 AM
As a piggyback here, I do have two bows for sale, look on my sale list, one even has a long desc.

Just figured some of you may like to know. No scribers though! :snap:

Finiswolf

crazymage
04-20-2004, 09:56 AM
ive never once had someone pay to enchant a bow, which is probably why so few of them. Youre better off findin a mage to enchant a light one to 5x.

FinisWolf
04-20-2004, 03:59 PM
Now you tell me..., maybe I should take that altered one I have, and take it to 5X since my 5X slot is open. :pondering:

Finiswolf

Makkah
04-20-2004, 04:19 PM
I've enchanted two or three crossbows to 5x... one even to 6x.

Oh well... too bad I only charge buddies 500k for a 5x ET :-D

rht