PDA

View Full Version : New message

Prosperanna
11-03-2003, 08:05 PM
I was in the Solhaven north market today, and someone came in asking for an empath for their friend's head wound. I went to heal the guy, and I got this message:

> trans coper head
You meditate over Copernicus.
As you probe the wound, you feel the violence associated with the injury. Underlying that, however, a sense of acceptance is apparent, and you understand that this wound was somehow received voluntarily. While healing the wound would be kind of you, you would probably not learn anything from the experience.

If this meets with your standards of conduct, simply attempt the healing process again.

I've never gotten this message before. Do any of you know what it means? I understand that I didn't get any experience from healing the guy, but I don't know why. Is it because he asked to get hit? I heal people dueling on the boulder all the time, and I've never gotten this message before.

Prosperanna

Myrianna
11-03-2003, 08:06 PM
It means he engaged in a duel, I believe.

Actually challenged, not just killed each other...

[Edited on 11-4-2003 by Myrianna]

CrystalTears
11-03-2003, 08:09 PM
I believe it was because they engaged in a WARN COMBAT.

Wezas
11-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Prosperanna
> trans coper head
You meditate over Copernicus.
As you probe the wound, you feel the violence associated with the injury. Underlying that, however, a sense of acceptance is apparent, and you understand that this wound was somehow received voluntarily. While healing the wound would be kind of you, you would probably not learn anything from the experience.

Myrianna is correct. When two people engage in a sanctioned duel their wounds are flagged in a certain way that this warning will pop up. If you tried to "transfer" from this person again, you would be able to heal them. This warning is just to let you know that you will not be receiving any experience from taking these wounds.

HarmNone
11-04-2003, 04:07 AM
Heh. I imagine there were a few "boulder empaths" that were grandly pissed and flinging fluff when that was implemented!

HarmNone likes this :D

Drew2
11-04-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by HarmNone
Heh. I imagine there were a few "boulder empaths" that were grandly pissed and flinging fluff when that was implemented!

HarmNone likes this :D
Generally the people on the boulder dont' use it, for the sake of the vulture empaths, but I make it a point everytime i visit the Landing to spend some time on the boulder teaching the duelers to use it. Needless to say I get many evil glares from the empaths, but it entertains me to see them bitch.