PDA

View Full Version : how do I come off.

01-01-2004, 07:33 PM
An attempt to better myself.
yes I the player of Edine am not perfect, and it seems I come off a certin way...I know my posting style will not change, but I have been told this by people who know me and not just by people here....
In responce to what was posted in the Picture post up thred

The Edine conceited, Yes.
Am I, Dave, the player of?
that depends on how you look at things, Am I confident with my physical apperance, yes.
Do I walk around talking about that, no.

2. Entertaining a flattering opinion of one's self; vain.
Do I think that describes me no, then again I could be wrong
but I do ask you to show me where I have acted in such a matter that was not in jest.
show me what I do that makes it seem that I have such a high opinion of myself

Edit: or just call me a stuckup asshole if your going to flame to make it short and sweet, and you wont have to work hard to think of something that way.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by The Edine]

Sean
01-01-2004, 07:36 PM
is that a question or was it supposed to be a statement of some sorts.

Weedmage Princess
01-01-2004, 07:37 PM
DOFL.

I think you're conceited, but you knew that already ;)

Hulkein
01-01-2004, 07:37 PM
I don't think you act anymore conceited then the next person, it's just that you roleplay someone like that in game so people naturally just notice it more I guess. If you were posting stuff and adding 'man i banged this fine ass bitch' for no reasonand shit like that then it'd be different.

Shalla
01-01-2004, 07:38 PM
In botched imitation of Edine: Tell me more how good looking everybody thinks I am, please?

:lol: j/k

Xcalibur
01-01-2004, 07:38 PM
I believe your online image (personality) is totaly different from your real image (personality)

That being said, it's the reason I play with you, I know it's just a game

01-01-2004, 07:41 PM
You vain asshole.

01-01-2004, 07:41 PM
Oh im not offended by anything really, so i understand X

Tijay: a little of both, I don't see myself as vain, but my own self immage is no doubt diffrent than how others see me, so I want to figure out what I do to come off that way. I post pictures In a thred and at no time have I ever said I am beatuiful or I am better looking than you,<not you tijay but in general> so I don't see how people think that way and am trying to figure it out

Shalla
01-01-2004, 07:42 PM
Like I said.. I don't really know the Edine or Player of. My first impression was that The Edine is conceited. I don't really know him well enough to consider him otherwise.

Drew2
01-01-2004, 07:43 PM
how do I come off.
Gay.

Sean
01-01-2004, 07:45 PM
i guess ill chime in here...

the character edine i dont like from the couple interactions ive had with him.

the player however i can only judge from what ive seen on the boards since i have never had any interaction with you outside of the boards. on the boards its my opinion that you do come off cocky or conceited, which is fine. but sometimes you take it a little too far for my taste. i do realize most the time its a joke but sometimes jokes get tiresome.

this thread is a great example of what i see as part of your image problem. you ask for peoples opinions of how you come off. and then before anyone has a chance to give you one you declare you will not change and why we are all wrong? but whatever its upto you.

01-01-2004, 07:48 PM
no no I said my posting style will not change Tijay, made no comment about how I will change.

Sean
01-01-2004, 07:49 PM
all we know of you is based on your posting style. if your posting style doesnt change then we personally will never see that change unless we have some sort of outside interaction with you.

Edaarin
01-01-2004, 07:52 PM
I don't dig all the compliment fishing in the picture thread, that's too damn much like girl behavior, but otherwise you're not a bad guy.

01-01-2004, 07:54 PM
well of course somewhat it is that is without a doubt true, but really even the way I post here is far diffrent than how I act, or at least I hope how I act. I do see your point and understand it.

so perhaps my style will change in some way, but even the few people who I talk to in IM's i think could say i treat them diffrently there than I would here

01-01-2004, 07:56 PM
meh

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by The Edine]:barf::barf:

Shalla
01-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey.. There's nothing wrong with picture posting in a picture posting thread. I posted my pic to show the player of Shalla.. Who is Shalla which is my name in RL too. I wasn't fishing for compliments :(

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Lady Shalla]

Xcalibur
01-01-2004, 08:02 PM
I happen to like seeing a nice woman from time to time

Thanks Shalla

Snapp
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
You come across a little cocky, but that may just be you being very opinionated.

edit to fix my retard spelling

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Snapp]

Hulkein
01-01-2004, 08:03 PM
That's not what he meant Shalla, if you read all the pages then you'd probably see what he meant.

01-01-2004, 08:05 PM
woah waoh what did i do in the picture thred that was fishing for complements?

Hulkein
01-01-2004, 08:20 PM
I don't know i dont really care, i just know what tijay means when people say something just to get responses that they want. im not accusing you of anything just saying that Tijay didnt mean that putting a picture up means you're fishing for compliments.

01-01-2004, 08:23 PM
gotcha

Betheny
01-01-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by The Edine
how do I come off.

With a crowbar and acetone nail polish remover.

Sean
01-01-2004, 08:24 PM
i never mentioned pictures in any of my posts in this thread.

edited to add that being said i dont think putting up pictures is fishing for compliments. ive put up pictures, its nice to get comments, but its not like he does it daily.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Tijay]

Weedmage Princess
01-01-2004, 08:28 PM
Bah now I feel bad

::stands in front of Edine::

01-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Edit: read a answer wrong...

Betheny
01-01-2004, 08:37 PM
Tijay's just jealous because Edine's his major competition.

01-01-2004, 08:38 PM
Edine, it was Edaarin who said the thing about the pictures.

Sean
01-01-2004, 08:38 PM
edited because its no longer relevant.

Sean
01-01-2004, 08:39 PM
and now that were getting into this .. this is the kinda perpetual joke that gets tiring

wait Maimara hes more full of himself than The Edine?

01-01-2004, 08:39 PM
heh i cought it my apologies, I tried to edit it before you anyone read the responce

01-01-2004, 08:43 PM
that comment was in responce to this masterful piece of work that she was so kind to say
quote]Originally posted by Maimara

Originally posted by Lady Shalla

Originally posted by PoppycockTheFool
Edine without those glasses....hubba hubba!

Yeah, but he's also conceited.

He says that's all RP. Aren't you convinced?

I'm not the only one? Wow. [/quote]

not a joke more of a dig In my eyes

Betheny
01-01-2004, 08:48 PM
I think you're conceited, but I don't think you're conceited in the "I love myself" kind of way. I think you're conceited in the "Here's me, if you don't like it that just means I'm better than you so please shut up and die" kind of way. if that makes any sense.

The only person I'd really seriously accuse of conceitedness around here would be people that post in the picture thread and then whine and complain when they get complimented, or don't get the response they want.

01-01-2004, 08:50 PM
Who does that?

Sean
01-01-2004, 08:51 PM
of coursei t was more of a dig. but my cross posting and making other threads reflect on you it does look like your doing it to get attention. i can only speak for how i see it, but to me thats a big issue. instead of posting about it after she said something by taking it to a new thread a day or two later and making passing comments on it, it reflects on you making you look vain.

Betheny
01-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Unnameable people I won't start board wars with?

01-01-2004, 08:53 PM
As long as its not me ;) I'm a conceited post whore, i freely admit it.

Betheny
01-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Nah, not you. Besides, I can't diss on you, you're in the military, which garners you an incredible amount of respect in my eyes.

HarmNone
01-01-2004, 08:55 PM
I agree wholeheartedly with Tijay's first two posts. No need for me to add anything.

I do have a question, however. Why would one speak differently to people in IMs than the way they would speak to them here? That makes no sense to me. These boards are not for roleplaying. These boards are us talking to each other as people.

HarmNone

Betheny
01-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by HarmNone
I agree wholeheartedly with Tijay's first two posts. No need for me to add anything.

I do have a question, however. Why would one speak differently to people in IMs than the way they would speak to them here? That makes no sense to me. These boards are not for roleplaying. These boards are us talking to each other as people.

HarmNone

No, they're here to create hate and anger and occasionally get us laid.

I'm such an example for you people.

/end joke

Xcalibur
01-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Harmnone, I do not believe 50% of people here being what they are here is the same as how they are in life

Internet = mask

Sean
01-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Xcalibur
Harmnone, I do not believe 50% of people here being what they are here is the same as how they are in life

Internet = mask

boards + IM = internet

no where did she mention RL in her question.

edited to fix a mistake.

01-01-2004, 09:04 PM
I can not answer that Harmnone, but i guess you could say I have a diffrent sence of humor about things here than I do elsewhere, because it is somewhat an extention of the game in a small way, but im prolly going to be told im wrong that I look at it that way.

Sean
01-01-2004, 09:20 PM
the boards are whatever you want them to be. but in my opinion if you keep the boards as part of the game your alienating part of the community aspect to the boards. because your not really being truthful about who you are. just my point of view, not saying yours is any better or worse.

HarmNone
01-01-2004, 09:29 PM
I have read others' posts who claim that the persona they put forth here is different than that which they exhibit in-game, on IMs, or in real-life.

Now, I understand why a shy person might find it easier to be outgoing on an anonymous forum, or in a roleplaying game, or in IMs. However, I do not understand why anyone would be one thing here, another thing in IMs, and possibly something else entirely in-game.

HarmNone would get confused!

Kurapira
01-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Sometimes I am annoyed by some of what you post because everything you post, in any thread, is all about YOU.
I know people get annoyed, I'm sure, by what I say too. So don't go there.
Anyways..
This is only my opinion deducted only from what I have seen in your posts. I have not met your character, nor do I wish to.
Also, I think it would come off pretty vain that you would post a thread to yourself just for an issue you like this. What is the point exactly? It does seem that you want everyone to say.. "Aww don't change. We love you. Your so hot.." blah blah blah.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Kurapira]

01-01-2004, 09:35 PM
um no, read the first post again and that will answer your question as to why i made this thred

Shalla
01-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Well For in-game, I can potray 10 different characters with different attitudes and personalities...

I'm pretty much the same in IM, phone or real life. Sometimes people take it differently in IM because it's hard to express emotion in IM.. because it is limited to text and emo-icons. I can express how I feel on the phone.. but it's still limited to their imagination until they meet me. It's even more limited online. Either way, I try to be the way I am. I can be a bitch.. I can be a nice person.. I can change moods and attitude towards different people. It all comes down to.. it's still me.

Bobmuhthol
01-01-2004, 09:38 PM
<<emo-icons.>>

Emoticons.

<<I can be a bitch..>>

Yes.

Shalla
01-01-2004, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
<<emo-icons.>>

Emoticons.

<<I can be a bitch..>>

Yes.

Penis breath! Shaddup!

Sean
01-01-2004, 09:41 PM
we arent talking about RL vs Internet we're talking internet vs internet.

Betheny
01-01-2004, 09:43 PM
I personally don't like to associate with people that misrepresent themselves. It's one thing if you are RPing, bu t if you're talking to another person one on one -- in a RL context -- Why lie? What's the point? Why do you have to deceive?

01-01-2004, 09:46 PM
I dont lie Maimara, I would rather not say something than lie, personal aspects of myself are the truth unlike people like teeoncy, if that was what you mean, im not sure if you were directing that at me.

Betheny
01-01-2004, 09:48 PM
Nah, you've never lied. I'll vouch for that.

I don't hate/dislike you, sometimes I find myself annoyed with you, but it's not a big deal. I guess that would be in response to Tijay's post

Kurapira
01-01-2004, 10:02 PM
um no, read the first post again and that will answer your question as to why i made this thred

Regardless of your first post..My opinion of you is that your superficial. Enough said.

01-01-2004, 10:03 PM
thanks.

Kurapira
01-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Oh, and you wanted to proof of a post that shows you being vain?

posted on 12-31-2003 at 08:22 PM

muhaha it is offical none can deny my perfection!
One Edine will rule you all, The Edine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Edine is The Best...at everything

Mad Cow has killed less Americans than Ted Kennedy

Heh, yeah.

Betheny
01-01-2004, 10:06 PM
Okay, who was it that was accusing everyone on the boards of being some kind of disgusting pervert stalkers because some guys started whistling at their picture?

Kurapira
01-01-2004, 10:09 PM
Huh?

01-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Um that was in responce to me getting the title of "The" in game, considering I have been calling myself The Edine for about a year now and have a large number of other players doing the same <thanks to you all for playing along>... If you knew Edine he goes around calling himself perfect, and telling others how much better he is than them, that is an example of me bringing the character her i guess

Betheny
01-01-2004, 10:13 PM
Nah, I guess you just have to distinguish between when you post as Edine and when you post as you.

01-01-2004, 10:14 PM
I can start acting like Harmnone

Me acting as Dave.

Betheny
01-01-2004, 10:16 PM
I dunno. When I post something that Maimara would say/do, I make mini mock logs or I say "Maimara would say..." or something along those lines.

HarmNone
01-01-2004, 10:20 PM
I guess it depends on what these boards are to you. To me, they are a medium through which we converse as people...not as elves, or sorcerers, or giants, or wizards...just people. If I am not very mistaken, I think these boards are that way for most people who post here.

Therefore, if you post here as though you were your character in-game, and your character in-game is an arrogant lout, people here on the boards might see you as an arrogant lout simply because they do not expect to talk to Edine here, but to Edine's player.

I hope that made sense....

HarmNone glances at her Bailey's and hiccups

Shalla
01-01-2004, 10:21 PM
The forum IS named Player's Corner after all.

[Edited on 1-2-2004 by Lady Shalla]

01-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Maimara
Okay, who was it that was accusing everyone on the boards of being some kind of disgusting pervert stalkers because some guys started whistling at their picture?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

PoppycockTheFool
01-01-2004, 10:47 PM
You are all ugly...now shut up.

Just kidding. :P

Weedmage Princess
01-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Even me?! ::wails::

Sean
01-02-2004, 03:47 PM
my ho told you.

Souzy
01-02-2004, 04:07 PM
Hmmm, Edine/Dave is okay in my book. Yes, he does come across cocky most times, but that's just in his personality. I can deal with Edine, atleast he doesn't post, "I'm so hot, I can bang your girl anytime I want." The kid is cute and he knows this, atleast he's straight foward about it. Did I mention he can be a sweet heart too? He does have a sensative side, heh.

Drew2
01-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Dave is a cool guy. Step off.

Bobmuhthol
01-02-2004, 04:10 PM
I'm so hot, I can bang your girl anytime I want.

longshot
01-02-2004, 04:12 PM
I used to really like to RP with your character in the lands the little bit that we were on the same times.

Having said that, a couple of things really surprised me when you came to the boards.

One, you essentially never left character. I think your first two hundred posts or so consisted of, "It's THE Edine". This got a bit tiresome.

Another thing that surprised me is how poor your spelling and grammar are.

Finally, and I will admit this is not nearly as bad as it was, but there was a point where you reached Stray Rogue serial replyer level, and I would not even bother reading your posts.

I like it better when you express opinions, even if they seem cocky. It is much better than when you seemingly stay in character on this board. As someone mentioned before, there's really no point to it.

You were given compliments about your picture, but your reaction was to seek out more responses. Even this thread smells like you are fishing for attention, so I would say that you come off as being a bit insecure for whatever reason.

Souzy
01-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Bobmuhthol
I'm so hot, I can bang your girl anytime I want.

LOL, I'm laughing at this cos I doubt you have sex Bob. :lol:

Sean
01-02-2004, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Tayre
Dave is a cool guy. Step off.

no one said he was a bad guy. all people are posting about is how he comes off on the boards? and why? because he asked.

Drew2
01-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Since when do I post anything that has relevance.

Sean
01-02-2004, 04:35 PM
i can always hope.

Betheny
01-02-2004, 04:57 PM
I have my problems with Edine and player du Edine, but I know, and I hope he knows, that in the end I still think he's 99.9% better than most people in GS, and I know if I need to turn to him with something he'll be there.

01-02-2004, 10:25 PM
thank you everyone for your responses be they good or bad, I wont respond to any directly just know that i have taken it to heart and am pondering over it.

HarmNone
01-02-2004, 10:33 PM
I can start acting like Harmnone

Me acting as Dave.

Why not just be Dave and do not act like anybody else? I think most of us would like to get to know Dave. :)

HarmNone

Shalla
01-02-2004, 10:35 PM
Edine are you mad at me?

01-02-2004, 11:14 PM
no not at all

Betheny
01-02-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm mad at you. You goddamn Canadians give us Minnescrotans a bad name. Seriously. Canada is almost as bad as Wisconsin, and everyone knows that Wisconsin is like... a black hole of suckingness.

Shalla
01-02-2004, 11:40 PM
You're mad at me coz I'm canadian? I don't think I have ever mentioned or thought of minnsecoratonians in my whole life. What is it? :?:

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Lady Shalla]

Shalla
01-02-2004, 11:43 PM
I'm bored. :rolleyes:

01-03-2004, 12:19 AM
Well, post something or do something entertaining

Hips
01-03-2004, 12:21 AM
I'm bored. :rolleyes:

I asked Tayre to entertain me because I'm bored as well... he said he'd light himself on fire for me. Want to watch? :smilegrin:

Shalla
01-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Tayre is a he?

Halfsilver
01-03-2004, 12:27 AM
Tayre is a he?

:lol:

Edine, Your posting style is the same as your RP'ing style from what I've seen. I don't have a problem with either. I like to observe your interactions with others IG. It's often times quite amusing. :)

[Edited on 1-3-2004 by Halfsilver]

Hips
01-03-2004, 12:31 AM
Tayre is a he?

He's the Peter Parker to my Mary Jane Watson.

So yes, he's a he. Or so I hope. :o

01-03-2004, 12:36 AM
You have a problem picking out what sex people are, you thought I was a her phhpht

Shalla
01-03-2004, 12:39 AM
What is with you people with female names. You have to admit Tayre and Edine sounds effeminate. :lol: Whatever happened to those more masculine names? Warclaidhm has a masculine name.. I think. :?:

Shalla
01-03-2004, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by Halfsilver

Edine, Your posting style is the same as your RP'ing style from what I've seen. I don't have a problem with either. I like to observe your interactions with others IG. It's often times quite amusing. :)

Edine is the epitome of arrogance and obnoxiousness. I now remember where I saw the name Edine from. He raised a corpse and said.. You have been raised by the edine.. blah blah.. you are blessed.. rah rah rah.. Holds his hand for a hand-out.

and I was like..

You Blink.

mutter jack-ass. :lol:

p.s It irritates my in-game character.. Nobody out-shines me when it comes to arrogance and obnoxiousness. :flamed:

01-03-2004, 01:00 AM
You still not being entertaining

01-03-2004, 01:03 AM
good thing you have not heard my new post and pre raise comments

Shalla
01-03-2004, 01:04 AM
Eh? I wasn't trying to entertain you schmuck. I was stating the fact that The edine character is arrogant. Anywho.. I'm still bored :(

To Edine: What new post?

01-03-2004, 01:06 AM
Eh? I wasn't trying to entertain you schmuck. I was stating the fact that The edine character is arrogant. Anywho.. I'm still bored :(

To Edine: What new post?

!!!, read my reply from your previous statements of boredom.

Shalla
01-03-2004, 01:08 AM
Post nudie pics rangerD :lol:

Edit: It's a joke. if I get one more complaint.. I am going to freak and a half. :saint:

01-03-2004, 01:12 AM
I don't think anyone would complain about my nude pictures. But i don't have my tape for my glasses yet though. Are you ever on aim?

01-03-2004, 01:12 AM
"post and pre raise" = what I say before I raise and what I say after

Shalla
01-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by RangerD1
Are you ever on aim?

Let me log on now. What's your IM again?

01-03-2004, 01:29 AM
Thecla923, you know you can save them right?

HarmNone
01-03-2004, 01:55 AM
good thing you have not heard my new post and pre raise comments

I would love to know what you decided on for Edine, Dave! Share! :D

HarmNone

01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
still a work in progress, If anyone has suggestions to better what I have let me know

You say, "And so it is written in the book of Urdin."

You recite:

"And the sky doth turn to darkness
And much lamenting arises
But hark, a wondrous light doth appear!
It is The Edine
Now must we bask in his light
To ensure our salvation."

You say, "Although your life is meaningless next to that of The Edine's, I have sacrificed my precious time and invaluable spirit to return your pitiable life to you. I expect to be compensated."

You hold out your palm, looking for a handout.

FlypaperforFreaks
01-03-2004, 06:50 PM
New to this forum. Been doing a lot of catch up reading of past posts and its kept me very entertained the last couple of days. There are a few people that post quite a bit and that I find entertaining (some zingers I have seen by various people make me endanger my keyboard with spewed coffee). Edine er..The Edine is one of the posters that I find amusing.

I have never had any interaction with him in game that I can remember so don’t know if I would find him irritating there or not but here in the forums he makes me laugh and anything/anyone that does that is a welcome thing. Do I think him conceited? Hm, will have to ponder that one. But really, gotta admire anyone that invites possible flaming by the opinionated (and I mean that in a good way) people that post here.

01-03-2004, 06:59 PM
Thanks,
I trust people here enough not to flame me, unlike some I wont give them a reason to do such. I was just looking for construtive criticism.
And I thank you for the complement I am here to amuse.

HarmNone
01-03-2004, 07:20 PM
Heh. I like it, Edine! :D

HarmNone

Mistomeer
01-05-2004, 01:42 PM
I think you're conceited in the 16 year old kind of way, which is harmless. I also find it amusing you get in arguments about your superior intellect and spell response with a "c" in it. You really should learn to spell. I'm not trying to be insulting, but I think being terrible at spelling and roleplaying a character that claims to be the greatest are mutually exclusive. It only takes a few seconds to hit www.dictionary.com. For the most part you seem like a nice enough person and you're easily excited which is amusing. And for some reason, you seem to be an attention whore (both in game and outside of it). How many people post topics wanting nothing but responses about how others feel about them? Who gives a fuck, be yourself.

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by Mistomeer]

Wezas
01-05-2004, 01:44 PM
I like Edine.

Dave, however, is an asshole.

That is all.

Emislity
01-06-2004, 11:14 AM
Well I know Edine for reasons other than the way he acts around everyone else. We use to be good friends, but then you all heard him admit he stole 750k from me because well the reasoning isn't important just lame but it happened over a year ago so it's not even worth going into anymore, however when we were friends, he was a really wonderful person to me and we would always be able to talk about anything and everything, but since he decided to make a decision for me and thought I wasn't capable of doing so myself so he took my money, he just became a true ass. I don't have alot of bad stuff to say about him since he's died over the issue many times, his debt to me has been repayed, but all in all i disrespect him for what he did to me, however he was still a great friend when we WERE friends.

Emislity

[Edited on 1-6-2004 by Emislity]

Shalla
01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
I don't really have a comment. I hardly know the guy. So, I can't assume that he's bad from what people say or think of him. The comments I made about him being conceited, was for the sole purpose of irritating him. besides.. there is some truth to it right? :lol:

HarmNone
01-06-2004, 05:58 PM
I, personally, am looking forward to seeing Dave post more as Dave. Edine's personality is shown through logs and other snippets posted on these boards. Yet, the Player's Corner is also our chance to get to know one another as people in real life. :)

HarmNone

Weedmage Princess
01-06-2004, 06:12 PM
Heh..if there's a "reason" why someone did something, it's always important..atleast worthy of hearing to see whether he was justified or not.

I don't know the story about him stealing the coins so it can't really be held against him *shrugs*

Shalla
01-06-2004, 07:03 PM
I cannot believe this thread made 5 pages. 113 replies.

Sean
01-06-2004, 07:05 PM
you forgot your post .. and mine. so 115 replies. but most of the replies have been constructive. and its a civil thread so i dont see why it shouldn't have lasted.

01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
Because its been civil and constructive?

Souzy
01-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Because we post replies like this one. :P