PDA

View Full Version : Please fix my paladin

Numbers
10-03-2006, 03:17 AM
So, I rolled up a paladin, just for fun, and I had an idea for a character. Anyhow, he's up to level 9 now, and to put it simply, he sucks. A lot. I wanted a 2-handed paladin that uses a katana, but it's not working out so well. His AS is only around 120, his self-spelled offensive DS is a pitiful 100'ish (with guards and colors, around 130 offensive).

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I looked at some training plans on the officials, and the most common ones that I've tried, I didn't have nearly enough training points to fit in some skills.

I'm still in my migration period, so if somebody wants to help fix this crappy character up, please help. He's currently in cuirboulli, and is working on cman surge. I'd also like to use 1608, but can't find a 0x sanctified two-hander.

These are his stats and skills:

Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
Strength (STR): 84 (22) ... 84 (22)
Constitution (CON): 79 (14) ... 79 (14)
Dexterity (DEX): 65 (7) ... 65 (7)
Agility (AGI): 82 (16) ... 82 (16)
Discipline (DIS): 69 (9) ... 69 (9)
Aura (AUR): 67 (8) ... 67 (8)
Logic (LOG): 89 (24) ... 89 (24)
Intuition (INT): 44 (2) ... 44 (2)
Wisdom (WIS): 88 (19) ... 88 (19)
Influence (INF): 29 (-10) ... 29 (-

Skill Name | Current Current
| Bonus Ranks
Armor Use..........................| 90 20
Combat Maneuvers...................| 50 10
Two-Handed Weapons.................| 90 20
Multi Opponent Combat..............| 50 10
Physical Fitness...................| 50 10
Dodging............................| 50 10
Harness Power......................| 50 10

Spell Lists
Paladin............................| 10

The Ponzzz
10-03-2006, 03:43 AM
Well, paladins rock as sword and boards. Spells like 1609 become extremely useful with a shield. And it's cheaper TPwise to do 2x shield and 2x OHE than it is to just 2x THW. Other than that, there's nithing you can really do but up his INT. What race, btw?

Goretawn
10-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Cleric's shop may have a sanctified THW, not sure though. Never really looked. You may want to sword and board until 25 where you can sanctify your own weapon. Of course, at around 28 or 29 it will gain it's own flares, so eventually 1608 becomes moot except for other people you are hunting with.

StinkyBlumpkin
10-03-2006, 10:48 AM
The cleric's shop sells sancted weapons of various enchants in each town, to my knowledge.

heres a sample

Collip exclaims, "Greetings stranger, have a look around!"

Catalog
----------------------------------------------------------------------
1. a saw-toothed white ora flamberge 14. a white ora horseman's hammer
2. a consecrated imflass espadon 15. a burnished pure imflass quoit
3. a four-tined white ora trident 16. a pure modwir arrow
4. an oak shafted sacred steel voulge 17. a pure oak light bolt
5. a consecrated mithril-edged greataxe 18. a pure fel heavy bolt
6. a hide-wrapped pure linden quarterstaff 19. an iridescent white pillar candle
7. a fel-hafted white ora longsword 20. a dark green Aeia sash
8. a pure white crescent dagger 21. a swirled green and white candle
9. a particolored pure steel discus 22. an oily black pillar candle
10. a red and white pierced heart paingrip 23. a candle votive
11. a jagged white ora troll-claw 24. a white flask
12. an imflass holy water sprinkler 25. a silvery crescent moon medallion
13. a thrice-tied white ora bola 26. a white lily medallion

Numbers
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
His race is human. The main thing that attracted me to paladins was 1625, as it seems like a really interesting spell. I've never had a character that swung two-handers, though, so I was really shocked at how low his DS ended up being. Hunting like-level is essentially impossible without getting a bunch of outside spells. If I sword-and-boarded until 25 and then fixskilled to two-handers, would the character actually be viable?

I've checked the Landing and RR cleric shops for a 0x sancted two-hander, but all they had was white ora or mithril. I'll start checking the other cleric shops to see if anything turns up.

The Ponzzz
10-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Just cheat. Roll up a cleric and 1x THW. You should start with a Holy Twohanded Sword. Toss it somewhere for your other charatcer to pick it up and just delete your character(the cleric). Yay!!

The Ponzzz
10-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Also, two handed anything from0-10 is tough. My suggestion is try to get herb tasks for AdG and use another character to grab the herbs for him. Or hunt greater orcs with stance dancing methods.

As a human, yer INT should go up nicely, so keeping it low is good for the overall gain.

Goretawn
10-03-2006, 05:06 PM
THW will always be difficult for DS purposes. You will have to master the stance dance, or get eaten alive. The good thing about THW though, is that you will get more stun hits. So, if your AS is good, and you hit consistently, your DS is not as much a factor unless you get massed. I still think sword and board until you can sanctify your own. Just my 2 silvers.