PDA

View Full Version : NFL Pick'em with confidence! wk4

Apathy
09-28-2006, 07:56 PM
Step right up, have a little faith in yourself. The game is easy to play. Simply take your pick'em choices and rank them 1 - 14. The higher the rank, the more confident you are that team will win (rough week to start this I know but that's life right?). If your chosen team wins, you get that amount of points. Highest point total takes the week. Tie decided by MNF points. People who win usually have about 75-80 points during the bye weeks.

Atlanta - 14
Dallas - 12
Naptown -13
Miami - 5
Buffalo - 4
Carolina - 9
San Diego - 7
LJ City -11
St. Louis - 3
Oakland - 2
Washingto -1
Cincinnati - 6
Chicago - 8

Philadelphia - 10

RichardCranium
09-28-2006, 08:09 PM
Why wouldn't you just pick a team and 14 points every time and hope you win out?

Bobmuhthol
09-28-2006, 08:12 PM
Because that's the same as picking a team and getting 1 point for every win. Setting up a variable point system is more of a gamble and yields more accurate results for winners.

RichardCranium
09-28-2006, 08:14 PM
I see, I see. No one said anything about losing points if your team doesn't win.

Bobmuhthol
09-28-2006, 08:27 PM
I don't think it would be as fun/effective if you could lose points for not picking the winner. In a game of "how confident are you that this team will win," not getting the 14 points for your top pick is a sufficient setback. No need to lose 14 points on top of it.

Apathy
09-28-2006, 08:30 PM
I see, I see. No one said anything about losing points if your team doesn't win.

You don't lose the points, you just don't get them. You only gain the points if your pick to win, wins. Yes, I know there are other mathematical ways to look at it, but K.I.S.S.

By the way, you gonna step up, Packer hater? (I'd challenge Bob too but I don't think he cares about football, at least not until he realizes that the smart guys are the ones who win all the "glory" when it comes to confidence sheets, spreads, etc.)