PDA

View Full Version : So what is Dhugland doing at EG?

Revalos
11-01-2003, 11:59 AM
I keep hearing people go apeshit about whatever it is Dhugland is altering at Ebon Gate. So I'm curious, what is it that he is doing?

Kitsun
11-01-2003, 12:02 PM
This is secondhand information but from what a friend told me...he is attaching a skeletal servant to containers. I believe its like a lock, you need to give it the password in order for it to open. If its anything like his other creations its probably scripted like a fiend.

Revalos
11-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Well, that does sound interesting for sure. I just hope the scripting isn't like those skull pommels of supreme annoyance.

Kalishar
11-04-2003, 01:35 PM
Here are clips from what Dhugland does.

You glance at your invar lockpick case. This sturdy lockpick case is made entirely of dwarven steel. Designed for the professional locksmith in mind, it is capable of holding more than a few lockpicks, adequate for any type of situation. Set directly in the center of the case's lid, is a genuine sea-green glaes scarab. Perched on top the invar lockpick case is constructed from what appears to be a mix and match of broken bones is a miniature skeleton. The bones are drilled through and threaded with brass wire with an oversized ivory skull. Clasped within the bony arms is a tiny glaes skeleton key.

>whisper case <your password>
As you whisper the password to the ivory white skull, one of its arms unfreezes and swings out carrying a glaes key. It carefully inserts it into the lock and with a *click* it opens!

>open my case (when unlocked)
Your carefully move the skeleton hands out of the way and open your invar lockpick case.

>rub my case
You buff the gleaming white skull on your invar lockpick case to a brilliant shine.

>close my case
As you close your case, a skeletal hand swings down from the skeleton perched on top holding a glaes key and carefully locks the invar lockpick case and returns to its side.

>open my case (when locked)
The skeletal eyes flash ominously as you tug at the skull to open your invar lockpick case as tiny skeletal arms hold it closed.

>close my case (when locked)
You pull hard on the invar lockpick case, but a skeletal hand slaps you ringing your ears!

Also, if you whisper the wrong password, you will be drained of a spirit point.

>whisper my case <something other than your password>
The ruby eyes inset into the ruby skull flare ominously and suddenly a blinding white light envelops you wracking you in pain!
You feel drained!

And thats it, I think.

Sorry for the late reply, I havent read these boards in a --while--

HarmNone
11-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Kalishar
Sorry for the late reply, I havent read these boards in a --while--

Well, welcome back, and thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

HarmNone :)